PDA

View Full Version : Why no ma'am, I don't see why you should use logic

Flying Mullet
03-30-2004, 08:40 PM
The other day I got a random voice mail at work:

"Hi, this message is for Chris. I know that voice mail said that this is Chad's (that's me) voice mail, but I'm going to leave this message anyway. Chris, I can't sub for your class this Saturday morning as I already have plans. I hope you find someone that can sub for you".

Does this woman think that Chris is somehow going to get this message? What went through this person's head when they thought that Chris would somehow get this message? She says that she hopes that Chris will find someone to sub for him, yet she leaves this message at a wrong number.

The funny thing is that I actually do know a Chris that is a manager at my fitness center/gym and he does teach a lot of fitness classes. I asked him if he was looking for a sub this upcoming Saturday and yeah, he was. See, his step-daugher has soccer practice this upcoming Saturday and he has to take her so he needed a sub.

Then I told him about my message and it was intended for him. Now our phone numbers are no where near each others and we don't even work near each other physicially or in the same department or organization. So how did she screw up so bad to call me and not him, and why did she leave that message?

So Chris got ahold of her and everything seems to be hunkey-dorey now.

Small world, huh?

eestlinc
03-30-2004, 09:01 PM
i used to collect messages from wrong numbers on my voice mail. i had this one woman who kept calling me and leaving messages for her friend Anneke telling me all about stuff going on in her life. once or twice i actually answered and told her she had the wrong number, but that didn't deter her. eventually i got a message from her saying "anneke, some weird guy keeps picking up your phone and hanging up on me and I don't think he's very nice."

In hindsight, I should have actually talked to her and maybe worked out a date or something. Then again, I don't like dating stupid people.

Leeza
03-30-2004, 09:02 PM
That's very interesting. :)

Maybe she got all of the numbers and names in the C section of her <i>little black book</i> confused. :)

Sean Connery was the first so I would have to go with him as the true James Bond, although I prefer Pierce.

Flying Mullet
03-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Leeza
Maybe she got all of the numbers and names in the C section of her <i>little black book</i> confused. :)
Wow, I've never known that I'm in a black book before. *feels special*

Bernhard
03-30-2004, 09:08 PM
Good; Connery is in the lead. He's just so.. so manly, and dashing! And that's just a bonus on top of being the only real Bond.

Yamaneko
03-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Brosnan. Connery was good too.

Kirobaito
03-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Small world.

And is this poll even a contest? It's obviously Connery. That is, if you're old skool, like me.

escobert
03-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Connery. No contest.

Levian
03-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Yeah, a small world indeed :)

Remember, 'first' doesn't necessarily mean 'best'. :p
Anyway, I voted Roger Moore, and I voted him mainly because he starred in my favorite James Bond movies, well except Golden Eye.

Peegee
03-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Then again, I don't like dating stupid people.

You are missing out on a lot of fun.

Skogs
03-31-2004, 12:05 AM
Lazenby. :mad2:

Just to be difficult...

Denmark
03-31-2004, 02:26 AM
Con Seannery.

Del Murder
03-31-2004, 02:53 AM
'Jokah? You were supposed to take these out of the deck.'