PDA

View Full Version : Crap

Killy
03-31-2004, 12:13 AM
I can no longer edit existing Microsoft Word documents or create new ones, it wont let me save, same thing happens when I create a new one. What should I do?

Yamaneko
03-31-2004, 12:17 AM
Try uninstalling and installing Word.

Or, preferably, get http://www.openoffice.org/ since it can open and save Word documents and it's free and not Microsoft.

Killy
03-31-2004, 12:23 AM
Good, at least I am not completly screwed up, id like to fix it before I install open-office.

crono_logical
03-31-2004, 08:40 AM
Are you using a recent version of Office that requires (*throws up*) activation to unlock those useful features, and your copy has somehow become unactivated? Or perhaps you've got it infected with some virus that's now blocking such functionality.

Or yeah, use OpenOffice.org, except instead of opening and saving the word documents, open them but save in OpenOffice format instead :p

Big Ogre Umaro
03-31-2004, 09:48 AM
M$$$$$$

Killy
03-31-2004, 11:43 AM
I remember it was working correctly a few days ago, it seems like it has been unactivated. Ill do a virus scan later.

Dr Unne
03-31-2004, 04:45 PM
How long have you had it installed? You might never have registered it successfully. Some things will give you 30 days to register, and then refuse to work. Some MS programs also won't let you install them more than once, especially if you try it on different computers, though in such a case if you call MS and beg they might let you continue to use their software. This kind of "Hey, it suddenly stopped working and I have no idea why" functionality is why Office costs more than $200, I'm sure.