PDA

View Full Version : [A] The Writer

Chaos
03-31-2004, 09:31 PM
This is a digital photo, so apologies for the crapness of the picture. But anyway, it is for my AS-level art. Its a painting based loosley off a photo I found, I drew it a struggling writer, desperatly wanting to make a deadline, but finding the words come harder than blood from a stone.
Its in oil paints, and once again, apologies for the crummyness of the picture.

Chaos

Kami
04-01-2004, 01:56 AM
I love the variety of colors you used for the skin!!! I've never used oil paints before but I bet this took a while to do.

escobert
04-01-2004, 02:17 AM
It looks very good! I liek it :)

Xander
04-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Wow, I think it's amazing. But I can't paint at all, hehe. Really nice stuff though. *nod*

Chaos
04-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Thanks. This took me about 4 hours or something. Then my friend pointed out I had drawn the hand all wrong, so I had to change it rather radically.
The good thing about oils is cos they take so long to dry you can work back into them as long as you use liberal amounts of white spirit.

Chaos

Kumo
04-02-2004, 03:27 PM
One word, Van Gogh. Sweetness . . .

Dr Unne
04-03-2004, 06:04 PM
I was going to ask "Why does he look so strong" and then I read your description, so it makes sense. When I first looked at it the impression I got was that he was about to freak out and strangle something. His eye and the tenseness of his arm are probably what give me that impression. I couldn't paint the side of a barn to save my life, so good paintings impress me.

Chaos
04-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah, he's a stressed out bunny.
I'm glad the whole anger-y-ness of him comes across well. It was the effect I was aiming for. :)

Chaos

Death Sign
04-19-2004, 07:54 AM
Death is cold and silent... Just like Iam alive whit no belongins and no one to share my heart to!