PDA

View Full Version : Angra Mainyu- Biggest anticlimax EVER! But oh my GOD it took some time! (spoilers?)

The One Winged Angel
04-02-2004, 01:02 PM
I just finished fighting Angra, and I must say, I was very disappointed, all 3 girls were below level 50 and it only ever once came vaguely close to KOing me; My Alchemist was confused, 1 Dark Knight had just been Flared and was therefore dead and the other was winding up for Darkness. It took me over 90 mins to do (Was doing 900-1,700 depending on the state of decay of my stats) but it was overwhelmingly easy, especially when I could get my loop going: Darkness -> Darkness -> Mega Potion

I was wonderign if anybody else was disappointed with it, becasue I'd heard it was very hard but thought I'd try it to see how ba di got whooped before going to level up..

aeris2001x2
04-02-2004, 05:18 PM
i must confess i couldnt beat it on first 4-5 trys with an ok lv 50 team. but i basically had a very un mastered dark knight attack, paine mighty guard and white wind and storm cannon on free turns.and rikku attack as berserker with hastega and items 2 cast reflect to stop flare.

it took bout 1 hour and there were some moments of paniac but i stayed cool. i noticed that the bloody breath casts power break so by the end yuna was doing 200 a hit instead of a 1000.

but yeah, it's about as hard as a max lv experimental. dark elemental, elder drake and other via infinito guys knock it 2 hell. i think angru manyu should have been the last boss. not 2 easy, but not 2 hard.

actually i,d say the magus sisters from ffx were the biggest anti-climax ever. stronger then anima my ***.

The One Winged Angel
04-02-2004, 06:42 PM
heh, yeah after a while I was begging for him to kill Yuna so that all the breaks would go away, thankfully Flare came along in the end.

hmmm, the Dark Magus Sisters were a bit of an anticlimax if you fought them 1 at a time, but all together they were hellishly tricky

Del Murder
04-03-2004, 12:00 AM
I had a trouble with it but beat it using the special spheres. It was hard for me, because I didn't know about Cat Nip yet.

aeris2001x2
04-03-2004, 12:07 AM
oh one winged i was talking about the actual summon, not the dark magus sisters.

i agree, together they r only surpassed by penance. why cant the partys magus sisters have at least a SPECK of the dark magus sisters powers?

yeah, with cat nip angryu manyu would be a joke. i hope it feels dirty 4 being weaker then a boss with only 9999 (black elemental).

The One Winged Angel
04-03-2004, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I never got round to beating Penance, I spent AGES preparing, got my accesories sorted, maxed out the stats that mattered, everything and then got so bored of it that I stopped playing, lol

I didn't know about catnip, well I did but haven't got it.

aeris2001x2
04-03-2004, 02:44 AM
then u must finis and not have wasted your time lol. its two hoursmax with right tactics. finally lay ffx to rest in this final battle! lol.

catnip ROCKS. get to closter 40 of via infinito and beat black elemental as soon as possible. with it all but the strongest and fastest enemies r dust before your feet.

Ariel
04-03-2004, 07:19 AM
I tried it at around level 40 the first few times, and it was difficult, because of all the status effects and not being able to do heavy amounts of damage. When you've only chipped away 30 000HP out 330 000 in an hour of battling, it makes you feel glad when you're KO'ed, you know? =P

At level 70, with Gunner + Catnip, it was a cinch. :D

The One Winged Angel
04-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by aeris2001x2
then u must finis and not have wasted your time lol. its two hoursmax with right tactics. finally lay ffx to rest in this final battle! lol.

catnip ROCKS. get to closter 40 of via infinito and beat black elemental as soon as possible. with it all but the strongest and fastest enemies r dust before your feet.

Lol, I know someone who spent 4 hours battling him... Damage isn't a problem... Healing and stuff is.. Never got round to getting the healing waters or whatever they were called

yeah, i got it last night, well, this morning, damned Elemental

Snowman
04-04-2004, 07:07 PM
wow, im amazed you guys had that much trouble. i did him first go, took ten minutes, he did manage to knock out my samuria, turned my darknight into a healer for her and used yuna+triggerhappy+Catnip. im not sure how many shots i got in, but i was knocking 9999 off with every R1 press on trigger happy and bang, he was gone.

if you guys want, flare is reflectable

The One Winged Angel
04-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Yeah, but I wanted a challenge, else I would have gotten catnip, I always feel cheap doing sutff like that, though it's nowhere near Zanmato class... I did him first go anyway

Yeah, but little move called 'Dispel' got rid of reflect every time it was about to cast Flare

DMKA
04-05-2004, 12:10 AM
I LOVED this boss. It took me atleast 10 times of dying before I finally killed him, and when I did kill him it took forever, but I did it.

Snowman
04-05-2004, 08:46 PM
hey catnip isnt easy to many players.....they got toasted by black element, and it's no cheat, if the games got it, use it

The One Winged Angel
04-05-2004, 11:28 PM
I never said it was easy to get, just that it would have made the battle very easy. I also didn't say it was a cheat, just that it was cheap ie. removes any difficulty.

Black Element wasn't that hard, but it was pretty tricky

DMKA
04-06-2004, 02:19 AM
I agree...the catnip + gunner combo is an extremely cheap way to do things,but eh, not sayin' I don't use it from time to time. ;)

Snowman
04-06-2004, 01:21 PM
well it depends what your playing for...i know a bud who stopped playing after seven because he couldnt get past cerberus on eight...now he always moans "why should i have to fight to get the story" lol. personnally i play maninly for the story and i enjoy advancing my characters for the max, but i dont hope for a drawn out battle

aeris2001x2
04-06-2004, 03:52 PM
your be needing cat nip 4 some bosses in via infinito. i just toasted the last of them last night and if u want to avoid being destroyed by paragons big bang which he uses after a while, u need 2 use cat nip as soon as poss.

Snowman
04-08-2004, 07:11 PM
by the time i tackle them on my second game hopefully my characters will be past 9999 hp and hit points

aeris2001x2
04-09-2004, 06:38 PM
your be needing more then just break hp limit. your be needing high defence. god i love my adamantine and iron duke!

Snowman
04-09-2004, 07:31 PM
not if your quick enough, ive always managed to tackle my opponants through raw power, there isnt a weapon that i havent defeated

SutekiDaNe17
04-10-2004, 10:05 PM
I found black elemental to be extremely hard on my first attempt. Then I though for a second and used Charon. He was dead in one hit. After he was dead that gave me catnip. You can also use beserker's eject to kill it. Though the chances of it connecting is slim.

I heard you have to have a level 70 party to beat Angra Mainyu, but if you guys are beating it with a level 50 party I suppose I can beat Angra Mainyu with Yuna at lvl 70 Rikku at lvl 68 and Paine at lvl 69. I have yet to try, so I guess if I have time today I'll see if I can beat the stupid thing.

aeris2001x2
04-11-2004, 01:48 PM
black elemental is much harder then angry manyu. he just has ALOT more hp.

Redtiger04
04-11-2004, 04:13 PM
yes, black elemental is hard and has 9999 hps... but use dark knight on one girl or ALL GIRLS. i suggest you to do it ON ALL GIRLS. Never know if black elemental kills one girl with dark knight. (he did that to me) At the beginning of battle, use Charon and kill Black Elemental with 9999 hps. After that, you will get cat nip.

Mo-Nercy
04-14-2004, 09:21 AM
To beat Black Element, you can bribe it with 50000 gil. In fact you can bribe every boss in the Via Infinito except Trema.

I beat Angra Mainyu with level 40-50 characters. It took a while because I didn't have Cat Nip yet. But he was still very easy, as long as you have an Alchemist.

Cat Nip is ace. I've been using it non-stop from level 41 all the way down to level 96 (I'm playing as I type) and my characters are still level 50ish.