PDA

View Full Version : FF Chest Size

Snowman
04-02-2004, 05:21 PM
no lol this isnt a naughty thread. but a pal of mine who loved FF7 and went off them afterwards complained about something.....

the FF girls chests are too big?

i emidiatly championed the case for large chested women...as well as small chested ones, but he said characters like Lulu put him off.

i dont even think that chests are that large in FF, certainly they are taken out of proportion on most hentai, but in reality the games dont.

do bigger chested characters put you lot off, they dont me

Flying Mullet
04-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Yeah, it's obvious that girls chests are bigger than they would naturally be, as they are trying to attract the 12-18 year old male crowd. There's no reason that Laura Croft, the girl on the Everquest box or any other character has to wear half revealing clothes. It's unrealistic to think that an adventuring girl is going to show her navel, yet wear three inch thick steel armor on her arms and chest, yet leaving a big spot open to show off her cleavage.

Snowman
04-02-2004, 05:30 PM
exactly. fantasy has always taken libertys, and yes, many illustraters, god knows ive done it myself, draw Tifa's chest bigger than it was......but is that a put off. my art tends to have women with nice buxum chests, and some people (men) have turned volatile at them....going so far as to say my work was dodgy because they had large chests...which in fact wherent that big.

DocFrance
04-02-2004, 05:42 PM
This is why I think Elly from Xenogears is the best female RPG character ever - she doesn't have disproportionate body parts, and she doesn't wear revealing clothing at all.

Yet she's still incredibly hot. I'm a sucker for a redhead.

Snowman
04-02-2004, 05:48 PM
i honestly havent seen her. but i wouldnt say lulu's chest was dissproportionate, nor tifa's

Flying Mullet
04-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Typically chests of women in video games are naturally disproportionate. Most people don't realize it because so many girls are pumped full of silicone these days. If you can see a girl's ribs, and she has a C or D cup, then there's a 95% chance that her chest is fake. Body fat is proportionate, and you don't lose that much body fat in one place and not another. Ifa girl loses 3 inches off of her hips, then her chest will shrink as well.

TheAbominatrix
04-02-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Mimic
Typically chests of women in video games are naturally disproportionate. Most people don't realize it because so many girls are pumped full of silicone these days. If you can see a girl's ribs, and she has a C or D cup, then there's a 95% chance that her chest is fake. Body fat is proportionate, and you don't lose that much body fat in one place and not another. Ifa girl loses 3 inches off of her hips, then her chest will shrink as well.

Exactly. And when a girl gets fatter, her breasts get bigger. That's just how it works. Of course some skinny girls have larger breasts than their skinny comrades, and vice versa, it's a case to case deal and all.

Tifa is rather off-kilter... her breasts are just a tad too big for her figure to allow. Lulu, I dunno, cause I cant really judge her body with that dress on. Cant see her figure well enough.

Nait
04-02-2004, 06:18 PM
I think with Lulu it's more of a cleavage question.

Xander
04-02-2004, 06:24 PM
Tifa's chest is the only one that really looks a bit unnatural to me, Lulu, I'm not sure, hard to tell with the dress as TheAbominatrix said. I'm glad they didn't make Rikku's unnaturally big, or any of the FFX-2 girls. They may be skimpily dressed but their figures look pretty well proportioned which is cool.

Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
And when a girl gets fatter, her breasts get bigger.

I wish this worked for me. xD

TheAbominatrix
04-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Xander
I wish this worked for me. xD

I can assure you they're definitly larger than mine so hush! xD

LH
04-02-2004, 08:01 PM
All this complaining about breast-size and not one mention about the image of perfection that the male leads are? Cloud, Squall, Tidus, Fei, they're all lean, fit and muscular males.

Yeah right, male-dominated society. :rolleyes2

But I suppose it makes sense. Fantasy stories tend to be larger than life and a heroic character who is the moral ideal might as well look great too. And the villian might as well be the perfect vision of icy cold beauty. We have to look at enough fat, flat-chested and ugly people in real life, why should we see them in our escapes from real life as well?

Flying Mullet
04-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Well a lean, fit, muscular male is believable as they are combat trined warriors. A 90 lbs 5'0" girl with 5% body fat is believable as well if she's combat trained, but not if she was DD breasts. It would be the same if Cloud had a large cylindrical buldge down one of his legs in his pants because he has a 3 foot long, 6 inch wide penis.

DocFrance
04-02-2004, 10:00 PM
It would be the same if Cloud had a large cylindrical buldge down one of his legs in his pants because he has a 3 foot long, 6 inch wide penis. No, he has the Buster Sword to compensate.

Honestly, do you think they'd make a game with the main character as some pasty-white, balding, acne-ridden, overweight, asthmatic computer geek?

Muscles are essential for physical combat, and I don't see why Cloud, Fei, or Squall would be well built. Breasts, on the other hand, have no purpose in combat, and are really just there for aesthetics. Actually, a woman with exceptionally large breasts would be off balance a lot, and have back pains.

DJZen
04-03-2004, 03:20 AM
Lemme rant here a bit.

I get really annoyed at "ideal" figures in entertainment. I think it does nasty things to people such as create false standards that most people don't live up to. It does these horrible little things to your subconscious that most people don't even realize are happening. When you look at Cloud, do you ever feel bad that you don't have his build? I think that people get these perceptions of beauty not from within, but from without. These are not inherent physical attractions, but ones that are learned. It's also very easy to get caught up in the mindset that you NEED to look a certain way. Hell, even I'm guilty of that.

On the other hand, no one complains about Heidegger's huge breasts :love:

TheAbominatrix
04-03-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by DJzen
Lemme rant here a bit.

I get really annoyed at "ideal" figures in entertainment. I think it does nasty things to people such as create false standards that most people don't live up to. It does these horrible little things to your subconscious that most people don't even realize are happening. When you look at Cloud, do you ever feel bad that you don't have his build? I think that people get these perceptions of beauty not from within, but from without. These are not inherent physical attractions, but ones that are learned. It's also very easy to get caught up in the mindset that you NEED to look a certain way. Hell, even I'm guilty of that.

On the other hand, no one complains about Heidegger's huge breasts :love:

The influence comes far more from models and actors (ie: real people) as opposed to video game characters. Video game characters dont have to be proportionate, they arent real. Kids look to their idols, their favorite musicians and actors and whatnot for their ideal bodies and styles, very rarely to video games and anime characters. Of course it exists, but the real world is far more of a problem than the video game real.

And Heidegger can have huge man boobies cause he's huge. :D

black orb
04-03-2004, 08:30 AM
>>> Why people keep complaining about this..

DJZen
04-04-2004, 12:00 AM
I dunno, abominatrix. I'm not gonna say you're wrong 'cause you've got a good point, but I can see the either point being true. I mean, yeah, games aren't real and most people recognize that. It's hard to compare yourself to Lara Croft when she's a bunch of polygons. However, when all the guys you know have woodies for that same bunch of polygons, it makes you wonder how the women in their lives feel. Also, let's not forget that the furry community bases its model of beauty on cartoon characters. In other words, who KNOWS what kinds of messed up things people look up to (advance apologies to any furries I may have offended with that offhand remark).

TheAbominatrix
04-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Well like I said, it does happen. But I know when I was younger and actually cared about such things and allowed myself to be self-concious, I was more concerned about guys getting hot for, say, Angelina Jolie than I was for them getting it for Tifa. People look up to and aspire to be all sorts of weird things, but the common obsession comes from real, mass media culture as opposed to video games. There have already been standards to live up to, long before tv and video games (women crushing their organs with corsets, for example) and there will always be a standard set by popular culture to make those who arent blessed with perfect genetics or enough money to buy a fix feel inadequate.

Andex
04-04-2004, 04:40 AM
Yeah, it's obvious that girls chests are bigger than they would naturally be, as they are trying to attract the 12-18 year old male crowd. There's no reason that Laura Croft, the girl on the Everquest box or any other character has to wear half revealing clothes. It's unrealistic to think that an adventuring girl is going to show her navel, yet wear three inch thick steel armor on her arms and chest, yet leaving a big spot open to show off her cleavage.

You mean attrack the 12-100 year old male crowd.

Big D
04-04-2004, 06:03 AM
I prefer realism in all things. FFVIII had Ward, who's a huge and muscular man, but also with quite considerable body fat, too - a natural way to be, for someone of his strength who's not a toned bodybuilder. None of the ladies in FFX-2 are too over-done, their proportions are at least believeable. Same goes for FFVIII's women.

However, what does irk me about the designs of the FF cast is the fact that the women apparently have no muscle development at all. Their arms are almost invariable slender, even when they can handle lots of climbing, lifting and sword-swinging for hours at a time. It's implausible. A character's look - body and clothing - should ideally reflect their role. Rikku from FFX is nimble but weak, so her lean frame is appropriate; but many other female charcters have a similar build, even if their 'role' would demand more muscle in reality.

The men usually have suitable figures - Wakka's an athlete, so he's well-muscled, but also a traveller and handyman, so he's got a bit of much-needed padding on top of that iron-hard physique. Squall has a sword the size of a small planetoid, so naturally he's got a strong build, but lithe enough to have the necessary speed to win a sword-fight. Cloud has Jenova cells, so the unlikely physics of him wielding a 90-pound sword can be overlooked... Irvine, a gunslinger, doesn't require overwhelming physical strenth, hence he's quite lank. Tidus, on the other hand, has small but very dense musculature, like a gymnast or soccer player, which suits his job as a blitzball player.

However, not every female character has an inexplicable build. Yuna and Lulu (in FFX) are both mages, they fight with their minds less than their bodies, so muscle growth is less essential, especially in Lulu's case, since her weapon of choice has nothing to do with her physical strength. They both have the strength to fight effectively, but they don't need to be rock-hard muscleheads.

Snowman
04-04-2004, 10:00 AM
good posts guys, wish id nipped back sooner.

actually muscles arent a requirement for combat, in most cases they make combat harder, arnie had to loose alot of muscles because he couldnt fight or move a sword around. the X-men, iconic for mucles are a myth, they wouldnt be able to do squat looking like that. muscles do develop from training to fight, but they only develop relevant to what needs to be done. in the "" years ive been involved with sword work i have never seen or myself been in the mucleman look and those who have have been at a disadvantage.....and in finalfantasy, the heroes useually weild swords.

about lulu.....she isnt that slim. sure that corset pulls her in a bit, but shes actually a normal sized woman unlike rikku. Tifa wasnt all that big.....it's a case of all her coverage has created this false appearance that she is litrially pouring out of that top lol

TheAbominatrix
04-04-2004, 10:08 AM
There's a difference between having masses of muscles like Schwartzanegger (Um... Arnold. heh) and having muscles. Muscles arent required, but if you're going to lift heavy swords you have to be strong, and you have to have muscles. Especially for weapons like broadswords, which tear more than they cut. And if you're going to fight with your fists and legs, you need muscles. Martial arts work to a point, with techniques and whatnot, but the stronger you are in normal fist fighting, the more damage you're going to do. I can tell you that from all the fist fighting I've seen and been involved in.

And you cant really tell Lulu's body type. Her manner of dress hides most everything... the bell sleeves and the bell shape of her skirt keep the player from seeing anything. She could be a twig under there, no one knows.

Snowman
04-04-2004, 10:35 AM
just look at lulu's waist in comparison to everyone elses, that corset isnt that thick.

right your talking nromal muscles, because must people automatically think of arnie lol. that said the muscles you gain to lift a broadsword arent visable. ive done it since i was a kid, i learnt to fight live with steel broadswords, took a couple of years out while i was in uni and now i teach it for adult education. My mother tought my and my farther thought her when she was a teenager. They arent that heavy.....well okay compared to a katana they are, but they arent slow either like people MISTAKENLY belive. certainly your arms firm a bit, if you being training obsessivly you will get some definition, but most people dont, and you dont need to to be good enough to win fights. whats more the way we teach actually builds you stronger. many people today who teach broadsword now work off old medieval manuscripts which frankly, are horrid and anyone whos had to fight for their life can see has no working reality..but they dont teach you how to fight at full speed and pull your blow (while landing if of course). thye happily lamp each other and put each other into hospital. but because we insist on you leanring to actually control your weapon, to pull the blows, it builds your wrist and forarm and shoulder, but not to the point you can notice it...much.

oh and broadswords chop more than they tear, they werent blunt fat weapons, they went right through you while the katana relys on a cut, drawing through the opponant, a weakness against the stronger defencise of a broadsword.

weve gotta remeber musclemass looks and is differnt on each person, you wouldnt look at brucelee and think he had muscles, but he was well defined. that said muscles dont make up for a good grounding in realism and the common sense of a natural fighter

TheAbominatrix
04-04-2004, 10:44 AM
And remember, these are video games we're talking about. Cloud was probably the most cut of the ones I can think of, maybe Squall being runner up. And you are talking about training, not for actual combat. These kids are in actual combat, of course.

Snowman
04-04-2004, 10:57 AM
i would say squall over cloud simply because clouds buster sword was ludicrous lol.

actually im talking about both. while each class may be training, what your doing must be taken serisouly, you can kill with a wooden bokken/waster as easily as with a steel sword or maime. whats more ive seen and had my fair share of real fights. you dont have to train to weild a sword. in the past at varisou events people ive tought/know and myself have gone up against one person and they turned into a nutter and it became real, if i hand been good enough to get out unscathed i would have been either in hospital for a long time or dead..for real. never underestimate how someone can become mad when they get a sword. back in the golden days of british re-inactment it was normal for most groups to get drunk at the pub and then go out and fight. no safety weapons, no police or grand masters....just a alot of drunk hairy guys in front of the public. many people got off lucky just going to the saint jones ambulance with a sliced ear or missing thumb.

DJZen
04-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Trust me on this one, muscle mass, body weight and strength all have a huge effect on the outcome of a fight. Speed, timing and technique do as well, but a punch can only hit as hard as a person can throw it. Speed is a key ingredient too, but ultimately bigger people tend to win more fights. If you don't trust me do some research on Bruce Lee.

Also, swords the cut are made for cutting through flesh, but bone tends to muck things up a bit. In order to cut off someone's arm you have to strike hard enough to cut through bone, meaning you BETTER be a strong person!

Personally, I prefer escrima, but that's only because I've only trained with them and know them well enough that I can use them SOMEWHAT effectively. Swords make nice clean cuts while sticks break bones. :D

DocFrance
04-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Sticks and stones can break my bones...

Psychotic
04-04-2004, 09:46 PM
And I thought this was going to be a discussion of Treasure Chests :(

Who cares how large they are? Unless they are disproportionate to the extreme(Like the size of massive beachballs or something), then does it really make a game any better or worse?

In my opinion, no.

Del Murder
04-05-2004, 12:17 AM
I like how in FFX Tidus struggles to pick up the sword Auron gives to him, but two minutes later he's tossing it around like it's nothing.

Savannah
04-05-2004, 07:51 AM
Tifa should have used her breasts instead of her boxing gloves. Seriously, did that appeal to anyone? I go both ways myself and it did nothing for me except give me the giggles.

I think the bodies are as realistic as they're going to get for video games. We're a shallow society-- people want to play good-looking heros and heroines. Some of us (like me) would probably have more respect for an average-looking character (Heather from Silent Hill 3, for example), but it's not gonna happen.

As for the men in FF's, there are way more unnattractive (fat, scrawny, old, etc.) males than females. It seems the character designers slacked off with male looks after they injected all the attractiveness into the leading man (with the exception of FF8).

It goes along with my theory that there are more attractive women in the world than attractive men, though-- that's another story and will be told another time.

Snowman
04-05-2004, 09:30 PM
im afraid escrima and martial arts teachs you nothing about true swordfighting, and thats something you can take to the bank, along with me doing this for 22 years and me teaching as well. the nature of a katana is not to cut someone in half but to simply slice them open, a broadsword DOES cut you in half, through bone and muscle. whats more the actual power and streagnth needed to chop a man in half with a broadsword is very little, it's all proper technique and the sword itself. whats more bigger people, in swordfighting, does not mean you win more, unless you practise some of teh crazy crap out there currently in the martial arts world. we have currently three really tall chaps, one toned and muscular and the other two quite large and round, they beat the beginers who have done this for a week, but they have trouble with people doing it the same time as them, and they have more trouble beating me and im just belove your average highted person. My mother whos the full instructer creams them all and shes smaller than me. hight has nothign to do with it in swordfighting, if your tought properly you can over come any obsticle.

i unfortunatly watched this new form of swordfighting in california where they just belted each other and the only way one won was for the other to give up...it was pathetic...they just kept waking each other and ignoring any blows that came in, then they had the cheek to say this was realistic.....how long youw you last ignoring blows in the real world, not long. we teach you to parry and block and attack and win a fight cleanly without being wounded, we also teach you to do this against multiple opponants from two to every one in the class. i did it just two weeks ago and had to fight all eleven studdants at once, i got a cut on the thigh but otherwise i beat them all. i dont work out, sure im vegetarian, but chip buttys can give you a bit of a tummy lol.

Flying Mullet
04-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Well regardless of fighting techniques and sword mastery, girls do not need big boobs to fight in battle.

Snowman
04-05-2004, 09:43 PM
yes they do because they bounce better lol. No really actually male opponants become so obssessed with NOT watching a bigger chested females chest when fighting them that they mess up. the girlfreind of David the Elf (he's a studant, he also does live roleplay and plays...an elf lol), she very beutiful, short, but has an awsome chest, like lulu's, and her stomach is firm/flat which enhances it. the trick in combat is to learn to look in other places - somach, ears, watch, so you dont fight their sword but fight them....so where do most people look, her very amples breasts.....and then they loose. Big boobs help.