PDA

View Full Version : naive uk ff fan ff11 questions (no spoilers please)

aeris2001x2
04-03-2004, 02:28 AM
when did u lucky usa ppl get this? i thought u were still waiting 4 it! was it just released or was it very long?

and uk release? e.g i can c the uk getting it in 2014 with ff 3 and ff tactics ( both STILL not released here) in a FINAL FANTASY THE LOST GAMES package lol. it just takes the **** getting these pal versions.

and how good is it in your guys opinions? i bet most will put it above ff8 but i hope its better then ffx-2. i,m just wondering how good a game it is i,m missin

Bahamut2000X
04-03-2004, 02:31 AM
Well the game came out in North America on PC back in october. But it just came out on PS2 here.

As for how good it is. Depends if you like online games. If so then you might like this. If not, then you may or may not. Personally it's one of my favorites.

GaV
04-03-2004, 04:15 PM
dude i am from the UK and have been playing since NA release, just import a PC version

aeris2001x2
04-03-2004, 06:04 PM
i guess it would be good if i owned my own pc, but damn it i,m a poor uni student. i have no choice but 2 wait 4 a ps2 version and i can see my masters degree complete by then lol.

god damn, i want ffxi so bad now. i,m pining 4 a game, now u KNOW i,ve played 2 much final fantasy when that happens.

Olliey2k
04-11-2004, 06:11 AM
Dude, i'm in the exact same situation, but i have got a PC but it's not powerful enough to run the game, i have got a LAN connection in my dorm at uni though, so if it would load, i would be able to play it. I'm going to invest in a decent graphics card soon so i'll be playing with the rest of them.

If you really can't wait, go to the internet room and load it on there! My uni hasn't got any firewall applications running, so i could technically load anything on there! I would preffer to be playing the PS2 version though! Maybe i'll wait until that comes out.

aeris2001x2
04-11-2004, 01:29 PM
i think i,ll try that though i think i need adminastrator accsess to download files. i cant download msn messenger 4 example, so i,m not very hopeful. it dont matter though, i got ff1,2,4, and 5 2 play through yet.i still got lots of adventuring 2 do!

Kegsay
04-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Yeah same situation you're in Aeris. I want it soooo bad. About the import thing, how much and will it run good on a PC UK machines (ya know the whole PAL NTSC thing, but that doesnt count for PC's rite?)

Just thinking cause of the whole Pay To Play junk is lame. But, my comp is pretty good, it reachs min specs at least, thank goodness for BROADBAND! WOOT! :p

Lionx
04-28-2004, 12:28 AM
If you dont wanna pay then you dont have to play. Because it is paying, there are alot less immature dumb people in the game. There will still be some younger players that are rude, but all online games have it, and this will have alot less because its p2p. FF is a famous title, there will be alot of little kids that will be rude and ruin the experience for you i assure you. If you dont wanna pay, get on private RO servers or play some Blizzard game that isnt WOW. The servers arent that easy to mantain(theres like 20 of em), couple they use alot of bandwidth, with thousands of players logging on and off every now and then, tech support crew, GM crew, and alot of other things they need to mantain and then multiply it by the number of servers they have. Ouch dont forget the electricity bills for running them among other things like POL Server and mailing and Tetra Master and basic coporate uses...Their tech support crew is top notch unlike other MMOs, so you pay for what you get.

I find those that think its easy to make an online FF ignorant of the costs and the things needed to mantain it. Instead of bitching they are p2p, see WHY its p2p and why some games arent p2p. Read before you really bitch.

Doc Sark
04-28-2004, 09:25 PM
I didn't understand any of that, except for the bit about rude little kids not being able to play cause they can't pay or something. Good. I hate rude little kids.

Lionx
04-29-2004, 12:58 AM
I am also saying that servers take a huge ammount of money as well as other support things. Read..>.>

Doc Sark
04-29-2004, 01:10 AM
Ok. You threw me with all the acronyms. I am internet basics only. What am i supposed to be reading? You're really passionate about your MMO's aren't you?

Lionx
04-29-2004, 01:50 AM
I just like the game, i dont normally play MMOs besides RO or something else like that. I just like the game, its not that bad to like a game is it? O_o And we read just like how i am reading now...

>.>
<.<
^^
*dances*

Doc Sark
04-29-2004, 01:50 PM
This has gone from being a thread asking a very sensible question to a very bizarre conversation between you and I lionx. I don't actually know what MMO stands for Muppets Mutate Openly? Whats RO, Rank Onions, ACRONYMS my good man, I have no idea what you are talking about, though I presume Final Fantasy XI is a MMO, Multi-something something I guess. EDUCATE ME!!!!! That way next time I read what appears to be an intelligent post on Pay 2 Play I will not feel so overwhelmed by acronyms. What's GM, and POL and WOW other than an exclamation of wonderment conveyed in shout form.

aeris2001x2
04-29-2004, 03:07 PM
hooray ff11 will be released in uk at end of year. by then i wont be broke, have a job and have my own lap top and internet broadband. ohhh i cant wait! i just hope the subscription isnt stuipidly expensive and uni work doesnt suffer lol.

Doc Sark
04-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Thats great, however i will be bang in the middle of my last year at uni. Bye bye dissertation.

Lionx
04-30-2004, 03:20 AM
Lol sorry i do have my random moments...but just to say at first i thought you were just someone that did understand what i wrote and then say they dont(which i had...>.>)

Anyway i will try to educate as best as i can.

MMORPG is otherwise known as Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. A game that you log onto a server, which is the game's world, where you play a game with other people on the same server in a fantasy setting(dependant on game, but most are like that). Note: This is NOT just RPG where you are alone, there are many elements that make this game different especially with the online bit, and how the game functions on the player itself and not necessarily the story as in normal RPGs. FFXI however does have a story, although its not as good as other FFs, its a first to have such a deep story in the MMO atmosphere and history. As well as the cutscences.

RO=Ragnarok Online. Another MMORPG. You can try to search for a client and private server. Its nothing like FFXI but it does give you a basic rundown on how MMOs are done. Try searching for Ultima RO.

GM=Game Master. They are there to enforce rules on the server. Like the police team and the tech support team. Something like that.

POL=PlayonlineViewer. Its an application that Square-Enix sends you that is like a portal to FFXI, and the game Tetra Master. Basically if you played any Blizzard game up to now with their Battle.Net system, you would probably know what this is, its just a more advanced system that links to FFXI, Tetra Master, Information and bullitien news, Tech Support, Chat/Mail/Message system, and etc.

WOW=Worlds of Warcraft. Yes Blizzard has an MMO of its own and its in beta testing. I heard many different responses so i wont really give an opinion til i at least see it in retail. The point of me saying any game Blizzard has that isnt WOW, is because until WOW, all of Blizzard's games were free to play on their Battle.net service(which to say is craptacular and full of dumba**es). WOW is the first p2p(pay to play) genre because its an MMO, unlike the create games and host them thing that other games have been released from Blizzard.

Hope that answers it all. :)