PDA

View Full Version : Michel Koiter (Twincruiser) dies at 19

NeX
04-03-2004, 09:47 AM
I know I'm not really that active anymore, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

On March 18th Michel Koiter died, he was one of the artists of the duo Twincruiser, a couple of twins whose art was among the top of the business. They have had their work published many times, including a Transformers source book and several recent works for Blizzard Entertainment illustrating their Warcraft Roleplaying Game books.

Why should EOFF care? Twincruiser is a member of this site, Michel was a big Final Fantasy fan and posted here from time to time. They posted their art many times in the artists lounge, and I know I cannot be the only one in here who is a fan of their work.

Here is their site in case you want to send his brother Rene a message:

http://www.hallsofcreation.com/

Shlup
04-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Excuse my ignorance for I am drunk...

The member by the name of "Twincruiser" died? Is that what you said? I really liked that guy. I hope the chardonnay made me read that wrong.

EDIT: I was really sure I must've been reading that wrong... When I said "I really liked that guy" I meant it, though I didn't know he had a twin. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose your twin.

Nait
04-03-2004, 10:03 AM
That really sucks, their art was superb. :( Condolences to Rene.

Big D
04-03-2004, 10:53 AM
I never knew him, and none of his posts are still around... but his death is a real loss. So young, too.
My sincerest condolences to his friends and family.

Meat Puppet
04-03-2004, 11:08 AM
I can't find where it says how he died

Agent Proto
04-03-2004, 12:58 PM
I missed Twincruiser. :(

Condolence to Rene and hope that he'll manage through without Michel.

Dr Unne
04-03-2004, 05:12 PM
I remember their posts in the art forum. Really talented.

Yamaneko
04-03-2004, 06:51 PM
I remember him. The site is amazing. I hope his brother and family make it through all this ok.

Leeza
04-03-2004, 07:03 PM
I remember Twincruiser. :( *emails Rene*

NeX
04-03-2004, 10:44 PM
His brother Rene is not going to do any more Art, Michel was the one who did most of the art and Rene is more of the technical one.

He died of natural causes, there is a long post in the lead heavy forum by Rene explaining how it happened. Basically he came home real tired and threw up a lot during that whole week, the Dr. told him to go to the Hospital, he was walking fine etc. Then as Rene was leaving the room from visiting him he saw from the corner of his eyes his brother having a spasm and the doctors rushing in, but there was nothing they could do and he died instantly. The doctors say he didn't suffer. Rene wil continue to do work with Blizzard and maintain the website, although he says he won't do any more art. I hope he changes his mind after a while though.

Tokki Wartooth
04-04-2004, 12:02 AM
I always thought he (actually, I didn't know it was "they") was one of the most talented artists at EoFF.

Kami
04-04-2004, 12:17 AM
Oh man.... I really admired his work too... I don't know what to say...