PDA

View Full Version : Question About Races!

White Mage Nico
04-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Hey it's me! The total noob White Mage Nico! This time I have totally decided on my main class! It is definatly white mage! also, I wanted to get some more detailed stats on the races, perhaps like this =)

Galka: *Description on galka white mage* and such! =) and NO not planning on galka! :mad2:

Rostum
04-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Go Tarutaru if you are sure you want to be a mage. They have good amounts of MP and the such. Just trust me, best for mages.

Lionx
04-04-2004, 01:00 AM
Ok well if you want an explanation i will say this first. RACE MATTERS! This isnt like EverQuest where later on things even out or something like that. You will never be as great as another race on a particular job(although you can damn well if done right be close).

Galka: Eww...They have the lowest MP ever, at lvl 11 you get a measly 44 MP that can do one CureII and two CureIs. They are the least ideal mage race choice due to low MP. If you are planning to be one, you will need to spend LOTS of money on spells, gear to add to your MP pool, and also stat increases in magic field. The upside is that you can take 2-3 more hits, but thats it. In ideal parties, you shouldnt be getting hit. Galkan Mages however i seen have the most MP control and know when to shoot a spell and maximize themselves because of their short commings however, but this is dependant on the player themselves. (RSE with +MP is a must for this)

Elvaan: Second lowest MP pool, Crappiest INT(bad BLMs), but in the trade off they have the highest MND which affects Maigc DEF and White Magic. You will have to spend lots of money on +MP gear, however you spend less than Galka because the less of a need to add MND. However subbing a BLM will be hard...low INT and MP. Not that ideal, but doable with less hassle especially compared to a Galka. Elvaans also have a good management of their MP because they have little.(RSE is still preferred)

Hume and Mithra: Both about the same, average and not excelling at most for the most part. Great of you like to switch jobs around alot. The middle of the road.

Taru: THE mage. They have the most MP pool. At the same lvl, my Taru WHM and my Elvaan WHM friend compared MP and i had double the MP of him. Simply they have the MP to burn and thats what matters most. They however have the least HP and suck at melee, so spells are first. Sometimes things can kill you fast, but that rarely happens to me when i get good parties and good tankers. Statisically, they are the ideal mages and only need to spend money on +MND gear(Tarus have best INT, MND is close but more +MND is better). Most Tarus have less MP controlling issues, but smart tarus usually only cure when needed and what spells to do, because instead of no MP as a punishment (from Galkan and Elvaan races), death usually is the punishment making them manage hate better. (god knows how many times i died in beta because of CureIII ><)

White Mage Nico
04-05-2004, 12:44 PM
Well...the hume is good bc I wante--wait u said THE Mage is taru, and my most common sub job will probably be black mage and not something like warrior lol so taru taru it is!

lol but now it more of :mog: and less of :magus: oh well! I will be cute! >:)