PDA

View Full Version : Battles and Maps

Mordred
04-04-2004, 11:53 PM
Yeah I know theres a topic like this, but it hink for the game ot be real good, they need to have a more FFVII style battle system, maybe ten crossed with seven, but no sphere grid, the would be good for battles.
Also, i havnt played an RPG that has had a world map in a while, id love to see it back.
Hmmm... I wonder who Cid will be

Flying Mullet
04-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Umm, there's nothing unique about Final Fantasy VII's battle system. Final Fantasy VII's battle system has been the standard Final Fantasy battle system for Final Fantasy IV - IX.

m4tt
04-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Maybe he means that FF7 is different because it has 3 people? But then so did FF8 and FFX, so I dunno. Why not just say use FFX's battle system? :p

Del Murder
04-05-2004, 06:24 PM
He's comparing X and VII, turn based and ATB battles. I'd rather see it go back to VII style too, leave the turn based battles to the Tactics series. But I also liked the ability to switch your characters out mid battle, and it would be cool if they could impliment that in an ATB system.

Rei
04-09-2004, 12:51 AM
Switching out characters makes the game easier, so the enemies' difficulty would need to be jacked up, which, sadly, they didn't do in X.

I wouldn't mind a VII-style battle system, but without Limits, and with distinct characters. Active Time Battles amp up the excitement.

Loony BoB
04-09-2004, 01:01 PM
I agree with Rei, although I think they need to keep limit breaks. To no have limit breaks would be breaking some kind of tradition.

Dragonflame
04-10-2004, 04:36 PM
Obviously, Limit Breaks will have to stay. I would love to see a new type of battle system that involves more movement and skill and less standing still and taking turns hacking at each other, but they would have to find a way to blend it with the old battle systems. I don't really want a system that's completely different.

DMKA
04-19-2004, 01:39 AM
I'd prefer another fast-paced battle system like FFX-2's, but more chaotic and with switch-in-battle added.

unknown88
04-19-2004, 06:37 PM
I would like it fast paced too, challenging enemies should also be there, newer FF enemies are getting boring.