PDA

View Full Version : The Alamo

Kirobaito
04-05-2004, 03:39 AM
And to go ahead and state it, this is not a thread for certain people to debate the justification of the Texas Revolution, and accuse every southerner of being a gun-hocking racist bastard. I had far enough of their crap in the other thread.

This is a thread to discuss the upcoming movie. I, for one, being a Texan, am excited about seeing it. I will get to see it with the critics on Tuesday, because my friend's dad works for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, and he often gets passes to premieres.

The movie has been in the making for a VERY long time, and I'm glad to see it FINALLY come out. This one, unlike the piece-of-poo John Wayne movie, is historically accurate. The critics, thus far, have been fairly pleased with it.

So, are you going to see it? What are your predictions for it, and all that other jazz that goes along with movie threads?

ChibiInuYasha
04-05-2004, 10:11 PM
I may go see it. I'm sorta burnt out on Alamo movies though. If I hear enough good things about it I'll probably see it.

escobert
04-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Maybe.... Only if I pay nothing to see it.

DocFrance
04-05-2004, 10:17 PM
How could you say such things aout the Duke?

escobert
04-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Yeah really my dad kills for less.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-06-2004, 03:25 AM
Some patriot conspiracy theorists told me that it makes monsters out of Mr. Crockett and company. I said to them that The Passion of the Christ was also said to be hateful but turned out to be not, but apparently this is different because this time it's the <i>Good Guys</i> warning us of the horrors of a movie no one's seen yet. I am very concerned.

Kirobaito
04-07-2004, 11:48 PM
I'll find out tomorrow night. Of course, I'm biased.

EDIT: Yeah, it was quite awesome. Not only was it historically accurate, for the most part, but it had all the other great things about movies, too, like humor. Billy Bob actually made a great Crockett. It was one of the most well-cast movies I have ever seen.

Dragonflame
04-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I got to see it too. It was awesome. I don't know what people were talking about when they said it was hateful to the Texans. It definitely showed them in a good light. The Mexicans, on the other hand, didn't come out so well, especially Santa Anna. At one point he said, "What are the lives of our soldiers but a handful of chickens?" Or something like that. Anyway, it was a great movie. Crockett was awesome, and extremely funny. Go Texas!

Kirobaito
04-08-2004, 09:16 PM
DF - What about the part when The Texans were popping the Mexicans dead in the San Jacinto River, when they were trying to run away. Sure, they probably deserved it at the time; The Mexicans wouldn't have been in that situation had they not had a massive Tequila Siesta the night before.