PDA

View Full Version : First Priority

Flying Mullet
04-05-2004, 08:55 PM
If you were put in charge of an impoverished third world country after a totolitarian rule, what would the first priority of your office be? You might not have or want all of the goals listed above, but which one of the above would you focus on? And all the others would fall by the wayside, so you can't also focus on any other priorities.

Nait
04-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Everything above is of course of vital importance, but for some reason I'd put some extra weight on education.

Andex
04-05-2004, 08:59 PM
People happy / crime low.

escobert
04-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Jobs people need to make money to support themselves.

Agent Proto
04-05-2004, 09:27 PM
While everything on that list is important, I think changing the housing/living standards would be important. If people lived in poor housing, I would have that changed so they would live in something better than just a shackled building. Of course, if the neighborhood they live in is terrible, I'd have that changed too. If the crime is bad, I'll have whatever is bad removed and whatnot. Once the living environment is suitable, the next thing I would start on is Medical servicing, which could also go along with jobs in that specific area. ;)

Spreading free speech would be the last thing I would do, because if if the country had free speech already, it would interfere with what I'm doing to the country, as there would be protests and riots.

So.. in order of most important to least... imo

Housing/Living standards
Medical services/Health care
Jobs (Quality, Quantity and pay)
Education
Infrastucture (Roads, shipping by land, sea and air)
Food Quality
Other (please specify)
Spreading free speech (newspapers, radio, tv, etc...)

Lord Xehanort
04-05-2004, 09:34 PM
I'd work on Medical Care first and foremost. Immediately followed by education.

Erdrick Holmes
04-05-2004, 09:38 PM
Work, so you can pay for everything else, then you can use the education to get a better job, then get more money.

Kami
04-05-2004, 09:47 PM
My sister tells me that my priorities are messed up. :D?

Thunday Man
04-05-2004, 10:12 PM
I'd say jobs. The people need to work. If they have money, they can make their situation alot better. Poverty and crime will decrese, and the people will become happy :)

Del Murder
04-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Probably education. Then the smart people could help with the rest.

Yamaneko
04-05-2004, 11:18 PM
Other

I'd have a first priority, but I would soon become corrupted and look after myself only. The point is, don't put me in charge of a country and more importantly, don't put just one person in charge of a country. Cabinet, people!

Mikztsu
04-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Aforementioned priorities for me in order:

Housing/Living standards
Education
Medical services/Health care
Food Quality ( It's must for me eat healthy)
Jobs (Quality, Quantity and pay)
Spreading free speech (newspapers, radio, tv, etc...)
Infrastucture (Roads, shipping by land, sea and air)

Kirobaito
04-06-2004, 01:23 AM
Education.

Stayin Dizzy
04-06-2004, 01:32 AM
I voted medical because I think that is an area where we need the most improvement. I saw a stastic the other day that said that misdiagnosis is currently the #2 cause of death in the US

EternalBahamut
04-06-2004, 01:35 AM
family by far. I work to support them, they are all I think about