PDA

View Full Version : Physics

Andex
04-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Anyone ever take physics? I have a big physics test tomorrow on Conservation of momentum..
How hard / easy was it for you..

The momentum equations are easy though..
right now we are doing head on collisions like:
"A football player of 150 kg at a force of 95n collides with a football player of 250 kg with a force of so and so.. forming an perfectly (in)elastic collision what force are they after the collision..

Not to hard.. it's just hard later on when you two forces are coming from different directions / angles and ya gotta use trig to solve ..

Dr Unne
04-05-2004, 09:14 PM
Physics is phun. My high school phyisics teacher would give you bonus points for writing that on your test.

Lament
04-05-2004, 09:26 PM
I studied physics once... long ago. I sucked at it. My grade in the exam was "U"... which stands for "u sux0rz" or "unclassified" depending on how l33t the examiner was.

The only unit I was any good at was electronics... at which I could pwn anyone and everyone, in some cases even the tutor. Everything else... pffft. Mission failed.

escobert
04-05-2004, 09:33 PM
No never I suck at math.

Del Murder
04-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Physics was alright. I got the equations pretty well but the concepts were a little hard to understand. I just want the numbers.

Peegee
04-05-2004, 11:14 PM
You'd think people would understand something as simple as newtonian physics and the like, but nooooooo.....

I sucked at physics but I loved it. One of our assignments was to make an electromagnetic car, meaning that you had two magnets with an axle in the middle. The magnets will repel the axle and the wheel would turn. Makes sense right? No way. I couldn't get it to work for the life of me. I was sad :(

Got a perfect on the physics part but couldn't get the product to work.

escobert
04-05-2004, 11:15 PM
I can do Newtons laws and Keeplers but thast stuff I learned in astronomey.

Baloki
04-06-2004, 06:05 PM
I am still doing Physics, at A-level though. And conservation of momentum isn't the hardest part, trust me ;)