PDA

View Full Version : Are You A Man: Volume 2

Thunday Man
04-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Yep, well woke up today, and was sluggish to get out of bed to go back to school after spring break just ended. The only thing that wakes me up is a shower. When I step in there to turn the water on, a huge centipede was in there! Gah ack noooo! I run out of the bathroom, get a shoe, but hesitate to kill it cause im afraid to get close to it =p When i finally muster up the courage to smash it, it makes the worst squishing noise and the legs are still twitching. I couldnt go in the shower for a half hour. I HATE BUGS.

So the question at hand. Are you a girly girl when it comes to bugs like spiders, centipedes, cockaroches, or other insects?

escobert
04-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Bugs are fun to kill.

Thunday Man
04-05-2004, 10:15 PM
A bug i refuse to kill is worms though :( i cant put myself to step on those. Even though they are icky.

Andex
04-05-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Thunder God Cid
A bug i refuse to kill is worms though :( i cant put myself to step on those. Even though they are icky.

I ate a worm once.

escobert
04-05-2004, 10:18 PM
If you break them apart they just regrow that part. there's like no killing them!

Leeza
04-05-2004, 10:21 PM
I don't kill any bugs. If I find any bug/spider/earwig/whatnot in the house, tub, shower, or where ever...I pick it up and I put it outside.

Flying Mullet
04-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Usually I don't mind, but when I saw a black widow the other day where it's body was a third of an inch in diameter I jumped.

Ichy
04-05-2004, 10:25 PM
I keep wolf spiders living all around the outside of my house. It keeps the rest of the bugs away, most notably the bees who seem to have a habit of nesting under the plastic siding. Unfortunately they do get in sometimes, but it's no issue for me to joyfully paste them with Raid. They know they're not allowed in the house, sneaky little bastards. Yeah, bugs don't bug me... at least not the way they do to you. I still find them irritating as Hell overall.

Edit: I bumped a black widow pretty hard by accident once, Mr. Mimic, while I was helping my dad move his trailor (the sectional deck, more specifically) up at the campground he frequents during the summer. I lay my hand right down on the thing while I was lifting up a beam off the ground and it scared the crap outta me when I saw the markings on it at the last second. Thankfully, just like most spiders, they can't flip over in a tight space, so it just ran off. Also, Black Widows have never been know to bite unless they're specifically hunting something... They're just psycho little guys that hunt things several hundred times their size, that's all... and bugs... lots of other bugs.

fire_of_avalon
04-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Cockroaches, centipedes and milipedes I can't stand. All other bugs I play with....especially catarpillars and "woolly worms". Bugs are cool

Logan
04-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Spiders make me cry.

Yamaneko
04-05-2004, 11:23 PM
It's kill or be killed.

Peegee
04-05-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm usually calm about spiders and other nonsense, but one day I had to kill a frigging multi-legged thing. It was disgusting and I couldn't do it. So it disappeared. Meanwhile my ex is squealing like a [expletive] which didn't help me even though it is supposed to be motivate me to take on the leader role (when everybody is a cowering mess somebody always becomes the leader). Anywho, it eventually started crawling on the ground so I rolled a chair over it and stomped the wheel to crush it yay winnar is me

So in other words, I'm scared of centi/milipedes.

Thunday Man
04-05-2004, 11:34 PM
My gramps was biten by a black widow when he was a child! Yikes. He was in the hospital for quite a while.

fire_of_avalon
04-06-2004, 12:09 AM
Oh, I guess I lied. I don't like things with more than eight legs, just on principle. But I maintain that non-poisonous, gentle natured, non freakishly legged bugs are cool. Except for cockroaches *yuck*

Bahamut2000X
04-06-2004, 12:11 AM
I really don't like insects, usually I would jump and grab the nearest thing I could to do battle with it and kill it. But now I'm a lot tough and just don't let it bug me. Unless it's something that will bite me, then I just kill it.

Jebus
04-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Leeza
I don't kill any bugs. If I find any bug/spider/earwig/whatnot in the house, tub, shower, or where ever...I pick it up and I put it outside.

Same, except I don't put it outside I leave it alone. Which is probably not the best plan of action considering my room is crawling with them.

Del Murder
04-06-2004, 12:49 AM
They don't bother me. *squish*

Kirobaito
04-06-2004, 12:53 AM
I hate bugs. Die, spiders.

Stayin Dizzy
04-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Cockroaches and maggots are the only bugs I freak out about. I don't scream or anything but they send a chill right down my spine