PDA

View Full Version : Need music

PhoenixAsh
04-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Okay I dunno if anyone watches Recess on here, but if you've seen the episode where Gus gets jinxed theres a tune that plays when he's walking out of the school that really reminds me of one in Cosmo Canyon.
The only music I've found with Cosmo Canyon in the filename is backgroundy, but this tune has quite a powerful sound to it (though I think it was background).

This is an extremely vague guide I know, but can anyone tell me where I can get it? Also where I can get the boss music that plays when you fight Airbuster, Carry Armour etc.

Thanks.

Shoeberto
04-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Probably Red's father's theme. I don't recall its name at the moment.

-N-
04-05-2004, 11:38 PM
I have the FFVII OST on my computer; unfortunately, I'm behind a college router and you can't directly access my computer. The boss fight music is called "Still More Fighting" and its track 20 on disc 1. I can email it to you if you want - email tns17@hotmail.com about it. I don't watch Recess, so I don't know about that.

PhoenixAsh
04-05-2004, 11:50 PM
Thanks, none of my inboxes have nearly enough room to hold a track at the minute, but if I can't find the site with them on (I know there is one somewhere) I'll take you up on that, thanks a lot.

My only description of the song is that I think the main bit starts on a quiet acoustic guitar sorta thing, over background music, then it changes into a much stronger sound.

The tune is kinda duhduh dooo dooo doo, duhduh (goes lower) dooo dooo doo, duhduh (higher again)dooo dooo doo, duhduh dooooo. Then it changes.

-N-
04-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Websites containing mp3s are probably few. I'd suggest finding FTPs. Gamingforce has a collection.

The only Nanaki related songs in the OST are...

Disc 1, Track 21 - Nanaki's Theme
Disc 3, Track 01 - Cosmo Canyon
Disc 3, Track 02 - Great Warrior

The first two sound essentially the same. The third is a slower version of the first two, without a bass. I think that may be the one you're thinking of. It's played when you see Seto, and when Bugenhagen dies.

Female Ryuichi
04-06-2004, 03:37 PM
In my FFVII midi collection, I have a song called Seto's theme, which I think is the track you're looking for....very good quality too, and not too large. Email me about it if you want, look in my profile, as I tend to get too much spam at the moment.

PhoenixAsh
04-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks a lot for the help, I version of Seto's theme, and it is the track I wanted, not the proper one, but it's a start. I think I can get the boss music easily enough now.

Thanks again, if someone knows the site's address I'm thinking of (I think it was dedicated to Nobuo Uematsu), then that'd be great, but if not I've had enough help anyway.

Big D
04-07-2004, 05:38 AM
I sen you a PM, PhoenixAsh. Might be useful to you.

PhoenixAsh
04-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Thanks D, better than what I was looking for :).