PDA

View Full Version : My Revelation (Spoilers)

Lord Xehanort
04-06-2004, 01:32 AM
Okay, the 'Special Secret' shows an Unknown with two keyblades standing in the middle of a bunch of Heartless. A blue symbol blazes around him, resembling the Heartless Symbol... but there's one difference. It has no cross in it. He wields the Oblivion and the Oathkeeper. The screen pans to his face, revealing dirty blonde bangs as he asks, "Where's Sora?"

In KHII Trailers, we see a blonde boy known only as 'Dual Weilder' in many scenes. He's an Unknown! For some reason, he's looking for Sora!

What do you make of this?

Kirobaito
04-06-2004, 01:34 AM
He is, perhaps, another keyblade wielder. That's just my guess though. And he is searching for Sora. He definitely exists, and chooses to appear in a trailer.

This is all speculation, though. I guarantee none of this.

DJZen
04-06-2004, 04:30 AM
The impression I got the first time I saw it was different from what most people make of it. In retrospect I think other theories carry more weight than mine, but I'd like to share this.

The Dual Weilder walks around in the rain in a city filled with neon signs. Because of this, I assumed it was another part of Traverse town that we hadn't seen yet. Then a bunch of neo-heartless appear and the dual weilder takes a defensive stance. Then we see the sightless unknown at the top of a building. The clouds part and reveal a meteor shower, suggesting to me that this unknown was a mage. Then we cut back to the dual weilder being surrounded by flames in the shape of a heartless symbol...... but without the cross. Now, if you'll notice, Riku has the same symbol on the chest of his alternate outfit once he starts working for Malificent. At this point my thought was that Riku still had his heart, and that the symbol didn't have a cross in it was an indicator of this. Thus, it seemed to me that the ring of flame was being cast by a mage to defend the dual weilder. At this point the dual weilder says "where's Sora?" which I thought was directed to the heartless. Granted, a response would not have been given, but people do stuff like that in action movies all the time so I didn't discount it. Also, I assumed from the getgo that the sightless unknown was Riku.

SeeDRankLou
04-07-2004, 07:26 PM
I have an obvious but probably dumb thought about the flames. Had there been a cross in the flames like a normal heartless symbol, they kind of would have gone through the Dual Wielding Unknown. I'm just saying. DJzen makes a good point about the flames though. (I think Riku is the blindfolded unknown too)

My thought on the blonde kid is also that he is another keyblade wielder. But more specifically, I think he is a previous keyblade wielder. According to Leon (Squall), the heartless have been around for at least nine years. I don't know why the keyblade would have waited for that long before choosing a keyblade wielder. I don't know why, but I just have a feeling that all of those scenes in the KHII trailer of the blonde kid are scenes from the past. Somewhere along the line, maybe during that fight with the red haired unknown, he lost his heart, which made him an unknown. And possibly he lost that fight at the same instant that the keyblade chose Sora. I don't know. I know my thoughts leave a lot to question, but I just have this feeling that this is the case.

The Nique
04-08-2004, 01:06 AM
I have a theory. Granted, it isn't very well developed, and it doesn't have a lot of proof. But nothing does.

We KNOW that there isn't merely 'one' keyblade weilder. Proof: Mickey and Sora weilded keyblades simutainiously. You could liken this to the matrix... there is 'one' choosen one...but it is a seiris of 'ones', not merely one induvidual.

I think that all the keyblade wielders who currently exisist, number more than two. Riku is one, Sora is one, Micky Mouse is one, and the blond unknown (possibly others) are also weilders. These keyblades have different abilities. example; Riku's keyblade could unlock hearts, Sora's could lock hearts. I think all the keyblades have a different but similar function, though they are all SUPPOSED to be on the same side. Riku used the unlocking ability of his keyblade (correction; ansem had a keyblade while possessing riku) to aid the heartless, but I think all the keyblade wielders must somehow work togther to permanetly get rid of the heartless...

DJZen
04-08-2004, 04:25 AM
The Unknowns aren't the heartless. Heartless are incapable of speech. It's quite possible that they're something ELSE though....

Remember, Riku never became a heartless because he never lost his heart, he lost something else, and it APPEARS as though he becomes an unknown after this......... Food for rumo..... thought :D

Dragonflame
04-08-2004, 09:39 PM
I say that all speculation about the supposed meaning of the trailer is pointless. Trailer's aren't meant to provide information, they're intended to create interest for something, in this case KHII. Thus, all speculation and analysis is worthless, as none of it can be proven or disproven until the game comes out anyway.

zoti
04-09-2004, 06:57 AM
where did you find this Trailer??

indigo
04-10-2004, 01:32 AM
Another Side, Another Story can be obtained by beating Kingdom Hearts with all Keyholes, 99 Dalmatians, and the Hades Cup. The others (Deep Dive, TGS) can be found here (http://www.kingdomhearts2.net/downloads/index.shtml).

DJZen
04-10-2004, 03:08 AM
I say that all speculation about the supposed meaning of the trailer is pointless. Trailer's aren't meant to provide information, they're intended to create interest for something, in this case KHII. Thus, all speculation and analysis is worthless, as none of it can be proven or disproven until the game comes out anyway.

I just like to speculate for the heck of it. In that sense, it does have a point. The same point that video games have: fun.

zoti
04-10-2004, 07:38 AM
the first download in that link....there you see sora fighting inside that firewall (or what it is) but i think the guy with the red hair is a keyblade Weilder as well.... because he gets fire upon his hands and then take out two keyblades i think... and after that you see into (i think) the room where the heartless used to be... and you see a red faced guy (maybye jafar) and on the tabel in front of him lays the neckels to cereberus....

DJZen
04-10-2004, 07:00 PM
The Japanese text that appears during the scene with the entirely red man says: "It is not good to let them know of our plans, Ansem."

However, the unknown with the red hair is definitely not a keyblade weilder. He uses circular weapons which people have likened to Kunai, but I personally think it may have been just another Nomura invention like the keyblade or gunblade. He is DEFINITELY pyrokinetic though. The blonde guy fighting him may or may not be Sora. Properly speaking, it's not Sora's clothes, but that doesn't mean it ISN'T him. He is known as the dual weilder and we never get a clear shot of his face. The best view you'll get of him is in Another Side Another Story. He is the person weilding two keyblades in that movie. He's also in Deep Dive, but my copy of that movie is horribly low res so I can barely make out anything in it.

zoti
04-10-2004, 08:09 PM
yeah now i know that the guy with red hair (one of the unknown, who i think is the one in the midle) isn't a keyblade weilder...besaids he use fire and wind "something" that you actually can buy in the game (kh)..

MateriaBladeVII
04-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Who cares, Ansem? We'll all just have to wait and see in due time. That's all I gotta say... :rolleyes:

Chibi Youkai
04-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Ya know ansemreport.com has probably the most supportable theories that I've found. And they make sense too.

DJZen
04-12-2004, 07:21 AM
Yeah, I have to say, the "mindless" and "bodiless" theory makes a LOT of sense. It's just fun conjecting too :D

blitzballstar01
04-15-2004, 04:58 PM
all i got to say is that the blindfolded one is rikku...thats all i know! hehe
and is it just me, or does one of them look like a girl? when it zooms up on the face of one and they say "wheres sora" it kind of looks like it has some feminine features. kind of thingking along the lines of kairi...or that girl at the end of the trailer thats possibly NOT kairi...or maybe a new character all together...what do you think?

DJZen
04-17-2004, 03:41 AM
It's a new character, and we think it's a guy, although it's impossible to tell sometimes with all these androgenous characters running around. This character is commonly referred to as "The Dual Weilder" for obvious reasons. This character has blond hair unlike anyone else in KH except for Cloud, who can't weild one keyblade let alone two. If you want to see more of this character find the KH2 trailer.