PDA

View Full Version : All Your Base Are SHUT UP

Shlup
04-06-2004, 02:08 AM
All day long one of BJ's neighbors has been "bumping his system." This means he's playing music loudly with the base turned way up so that, while he lives across the street, I can feel the base in this upstairs bedroom.

Its starting to drive me nuts. Why do people feel the need to make you feel their music? Its like this a lot of places around here. Often when I'm at school a car drives by my class and the whole classroom vibrates. I think its pretty rude.

I also notice that they often have someone in the car with them when they have the music up. That bugs me too. I hate not being able to talk to the person I'm near, and when the music's that loud you can't talk to or hear anyone. I don't know how they can stand to sit in a car with someone and not be able to talk to them.

[/rant]

Dingo Jellybean
04-06-2004, 02:12 AM
Because people want to feel "cool." As corny as that sounds, it's true. They want the "respect", even though seldom do anyone get respect by banging their head to music.

It's funny though. One time in my car the car next to me had these huge subwoofers. SHE, not he, played her music so loud my car was literally rocking. I tried to drink some hot chocolate, but it fell on my lap. :(

escobert
04-06-2004, 02:13 AM
People do this in my town all the time. all the drug dealers drive around with the bass way up. Since my town pretty much is all around a 1 mile square they just drive around it all day long. We call it the Windsor 500It makes my house shake really bad. My house is old I think built in the 1830s so it doesn't take much to shake it.

Dr Unne
04-06-2004, 02:18 AM
They'll be deaf when they're 30. There are laws here against playing music in your car too loud anyways.

escobert
04-06-2004, 02:21 AM
It seems that there are no laws in VT that are liek that. I mean we can carry guns whereever we can play music as loud as we want gays can get married. Seems the only thing we can't do here is kill people. Of course 75% of the towns have no cops so you could prolly get away with that too.

Flying Mullet
04-06-2004, 02:26 AM
If someone's playing music too loud call the cops. Most town have noise ordinace laws and a lot of kids get scared if a cop visits them in person.

escobert
04-06-2004, 02:31 AM
cops are EVIL!one time they tried ti give me a sitation for sitting on the sidewalf infornt of my house!

Flying Mullet
04-06-2004, 02:36 AM
Well yeah dude, you can't sit in front of your house naked.

escobert
04-06-2004, 02:39 AM
But I wasn't naked *that* time.

Erdrick Holmes
04-06-2004, 02:40 AM
Sounds like my friends house from 11pm to 3 am!

Kirobaito
04-06-2004, 02:50 AM
I oftentimes turn on some Spanish station, turn up the bass real loud, sit my chair way back, and roll down the windows and feel the beat. It makes so many people laugh.

escobert
04-06-2004, 02:52 AM
I turn the music way up to make fun of the people who do it.

TheAbominatrix
04-06-2004, 02:59 AM
My neighborhood is like that constantly. I've literally cried before because it's so so painful and impossible to shut out. Often times it's my duplex neighbor, we share the wall my bed is against and he likes to watch movies so loud I can hear the dialogue better than on my own tv.

I hate the ghetto. ;_;

Shlup
04-06-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Bert
I turn the music way up to make fun of the people who do it. Yeah, I do that sometimes. When BJ and I take his mom's car I like to bump her Disney CDs.

Yamaneko
04-06-2004, 03:07 AM
Dang kids and their "Rock 'n' Roll".

Peegee
04-06-2004, 03:12 AM
The jerk down the street has a "souped up" car (which it isn't really), and he has the annoying tendency to rev it over and over. Gah!

Shlup
04-06-2004, 03:13 AM
Wait... isn't it "bass"?

Flying Mullet
04-06-2004, 03:14 AM
Yeah, that is another annoying thing. When someone can't afford a nice car witha good stereo so they buy a piece of crap so that they can put a stereo in it that is worth more than their car. If only those people new how stupid they look.

Originally posted by ShlupQuack
Wait... isn't it "bass"?
Maybe... :p

HOOTERS
04-06-2004, 03:19 AM
I wish more people in my neighbourhood played their music really loud. My neighbours are mainly old people and familys so the one time in the around 16 years we've lived there that we've played really loud music (for my 18th birthday party) someone down the road calls the cops and spoils the fun. I can understand if music is constantly being played loudly but if it's a one off thing people should be more tolerent. Our new neighbours next door had a fairly loud new year's karaoke party so things might be looking up for my 21st.

Del Murder
04-06-2004, 03:36 AM
It's just to show off. But if you put your back on the speaker it gives you a nice massage.

Flying Mullet
04-06-2004, 03:42 AM
Or if you watched Howard Stearn's <i>Private Parts</i> you know it does more than that.

escobert
04-06-2004, 03:44 AM
xD

Sephex
04-06-2004, 03:53 AM
I kind of do that myself, though it is not as ridiculous as being able to hear me down the block. You still have to be by my car with the windows open to hear my music when I have it loud(at least for me).

Big D
04-06-2004, 05:44 AM
People do that sort of thing because
(1) They are BAD ASS DUDES WHO JUS DUN CARE and they are FIGHTIN DA SYSTEM,

and

(2) People will notice them as a result. Everyone who notices will hate their pathetic, selfish, masochistic, childish little guts for it, but there'll always be a few BAD ASS DUDES WHO JUS DUN CARE who'll praise them for FIGHTIN DA SYSTEM in such an effective manner.

It's attention-seeking, really. They make excuses like, "I enjoy the music!" but that's nonsense since the music isn't audible at such volumes - all you're aware of is a ridulous amount of bass, so much that you can feel it as much as hear it. 'The music' is so far gone as to be unrecognisable.

I mean, a little bit of loudness - so that you can hear and enjoy the music - is understandable; but distorting it beyong human tolerance and hearing is just absurd.

Meat Puppet
04-06-2004, 07:15 AM
I live in the middle of nowhere so turning my music up real loud, no one else can hear it hahaha. Not to show off, either. Just so that I can't hear myself think thus forgetting all my worries and loving the music.
Hate car though.

Big D
04-06-2004, 08:57 AM
It's a kind of Zen thing - "if a stereo is really loud, but no-one's around to hear it, is it noise pollution?" and the answer is, "no, it's an example of a stereo owner being considerate and having a good time without troubling other people".

DMKA
04-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Well I turn it up VERY loud, but not to the point that its making the vibration drown out the music. But at the level of volume I keep it at I'm sure plenty of other people hear it. I don't do it for 'attention' either...I just like my music loud...is that a crime?

Oh wait...here it is:(.

Misfit
04-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Meat Puppet
I live in the middle of nowhere so turning my music up real loud, no one else can hear it hahaha. Not to show off, either. Just so that I can't hear myself think thus forgetting all my worries and loving the music.
Hate car though.
Yeah... sorta like that here, too, except for the few houses that are sorta around... and the lot of dead people. *points* :D

Stayin Dizzy
04-06-2004, 03:47 PM
I actually enjoy really loud bass. It's made me half deaf, but i never do it to show off.. If someone asks me to crank it I will, but most of the time it's just me sitting in my driveway, with a pair of 12's shaking my car so bad it massages me.

Bernhard
04-06-2004, 03:53 PM
It's not annoying as much as it's pathetic.

Kami
04-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
Dang kids and their "Rock 'n' Roll".
Don't you mean R and B?

Logan
04-08-2004, 01:59 AM
I have new neighbors and they think it's really cool to blast their rap music until like 2 AM, and I can feel the vibrations in my wall. I hate it when they do that. Sucks.

Bandgeek
04-08-2004, 02:29 AM
This is just one of the many reasons that rap sucks and rockers will rule *shakes fist* :D

Mindflare
04-08-2004, 02:55 AM
I don't like music so loud that you can no longer enjoy it. To the point where you can't really hear the actual music. Lucky for me, my neighbors are all 90 years old and they certainly don't like loud music.

Erdrick Holmes
04-08-2004, 03:43 AM
I know this may be a tad bit off topic but my friend Steven's older brother drove ann ice cream truck for his job. He hated the crap out of his boss so he decided to go out of his job with a bang. Instead of the traditional ice cream truck music he put on a very graphic Korn CD playing over the speakers, he got fired immediatly!

Ifrit's Bodyguard
04-08-2004, 10:16 AM
I like that thread tital, witty...

...that is all.

eternalshiva
04-08-2004, 10:22 AM
My husband, when he was at University and living at the dorms, used to have bass competitions. He told me that once, they had the bass cranked up so hard, the pipes in the walls of the dorm were shaking and groaning... not a good thing.

He still has the system and I know he itches to have it super loud but I hate super duper loud stuff when I'm NOT cleaning the house. When I'm on a cleaning rampage, full throttle, besides that, get a disc man. xD

Rye
04-08-2004, 01:39 PM
I don't have that problem, but it must be really annoying. Hearing people with the loud hip-hop coming out of their cars is ok though.