PDA

View Full Version : Who do yo think was the LEAST devoloped character (NPCs count)

MJN SEIFER
04-06-2004, 12:33 PM
I AM NOT GONNA MAKE THIS A POLL CAUSE THERES TOO MANY!!

Who do you think had the least devolop ment in FF games?

I say it's probably Ziegfried in FF6 It's never explaind why he attacks you, why there's 2 of him (One strong one weak), why the hell Ultros thinks he wants the statues.... ETC

Ultros him self is underdevolped for similar reasons but not as bad...

Atma.... who is Atma? Oh yeah he's some monster who survives your attacks AND the end of the world because he's searching for something, but dies before he can say what....

And proving FF6 isn't the only one with underdevoloped Charcters Please see Yang in FF4 what exactly is he there for?

Answer: To take you to Fabul once that's done he's very redundant!

So anyone you can think of?

aeris2001x2
04-06-2004, 05:27 PM
ok i,ve only played ff6-ff10-2 but heres a few...

UMARO. the guy doesnt speak and is just a big yeti who lives in a cave.

ULTIMECIA, great development she had, not.

GOGO... at least he speaks...

SEIFER...i,m gonna furfill my romantic dream . deep stuff that lol...

sos 4 the sarcasim.

Flying Mullet
04-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Squall (from FFVIII of course). He never changes, or the changes are artificial or too sudden, not realistic enough. And if a character's changes aren't realistic, then it isn't character development for me, therefore Squall is as undeveloped as they get.

DocFrance
04-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Actually, Squall's sudden and unpredictable character "development" could be considered schizophrenia.

The Captain
04-07-2004, 06:41 AM
Perhaps each disc represents a year, so actually, Squall changes over the course of a few years?

For me, I'd say...
Marlene from Final Fantasy VII
Whose child is she? Barret's or Dyne's? Every time I play the game, my answer changes...

Take care all.

eestlinc
04-07-2004, 06:42 AM
Arylon the Dancer, obviously.

aeris2001x2
04-07-2004, 06:41 PM
its dynes daughter.

i actually thought squall had amazing character development. some of the best stuff i,ve seen in an ff. he doesnt change so to speak, the caring person he always was is allowed to surface in disc 3. in the whole of ff8 he is the only one with decent development imho.

TheAbominatrix
04-07-2004, 07:27 PM
I agree with Big D about Squall. He did change a lot, yes, but the reasons are unknown. Why did he do all that? The changes themselves were poorly developed.

As for Atma... dont most non-major bosses receieve as much or less than that, development-wise?

Flying Mullet
04-07-2004, 07:29 PM
I agree with Big D about Squall.
Yes! Mimic strikes again! http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/nelsonlaf.gif

TheAbominatrix
04-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Oh good Lord I hate you, Mimic.

No I dont. But right now, you must die. *cries*

Imperia
04-08-2004, 03:40 AM
I think the characters of FFVIII had very little developement. Squall, Rinoa, all of the heroes! Even with Quistis (who's my favorite in the game).

aeris2001x2
04-09-2004, 06:52 PM
we forget the most undeveloped characters ever...

the light warriors from ff1

ok i only just gave the nitro powder to the dwarfs...but do they ever say a word the crystal bearers???

The Captain
04-09-2004, 09:27 PM
General Leo as well. He is a good guy, but why is he on the Empire? Was he suckered in?

Take care all.

zacks_clone
04-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Most un-developed character...

I would say Quistis. You never heard from her enough to actually get any kind of feeling as to who she was.I would understand if she was a npc and all, but its abit sad when biggs and wedge have more development then her

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Arylon the Dancer, obviously.I certainly can't think of any other NPC who has a name (even if it was only in the American version) but never says more than one thing. Even Jim the dwarf had a change of text.

black orb
04-11-2004, 06:50 PM
>>> The Light warriors, Sara`s mother and sis, Arylon, Unne`s brother, Kope, the caravan guy, and more I cant remember right now..

Rase
04-16-2004, 06:39 AM
Please see Yang in FF4 what exactly is he there for?

Answer: To take you to Fabul once that's done he's very redundant!

Well, Yang also gave you the key to Baron, thus allowing you to go on, deastroys the Super Cannon, saving the Dwarves, and wishes for you in the battle against Zeromous.