PDA

View Full Version : The Probalem with Faris (Spoiler until after the grave ship)

MJN SEIFER
04-06-2004, 12:42 PM
The problem with Faris is that you can't make a thead about HER yes "HER" without spoiling that fact!

Del Murder
04-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Then again, that game has been out for ages and anyone who cared enough would have played it by now.

Sephex
04-08-2004, 02:27 AM
Then again, that game has been out for ages and anyone who cared enough would have played it by now.

Thank you. I always hate it when someone complains when you "spoil" a part of a game that came out five years or older.

Flying Mullet
04-08-2004, 02:29 AM
Or you can just refer to Faris as a he in all of your posts and you don't have to worry about it.

Oh, and Butz in a pimp.

Danger
04-08-2004, 07:02 AM
Butz is a pimp... the only FF game in which you are not given a choice in characters and all female but the main guy. He's pretty professional though, doesn't make a move on any of them. Usually the few females in FF are hit on by any male characters in the vicinity.

Del Murder
04-08-2004, 07:30 AM
Unlike the choice to use quick reply, you have no choice in X-2, or II or III or IV for that matter. :D

Marble
04-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Honestly, when the FARIS IS A GIRL scene rolled around, I got all confused - hell, I'd always thought she was a girl. They never even refer to her as "he" before that scene, nor does she look... er... particularely masculine. Unless "he" is wearing a barrel inside "his" shirt. :-/

ZellMog
04-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Butz is a pimp... the only FF game in which you are not given a choice in characters and all female but the main guy. He's pretty professional though, doesn't make a move on any of them. Usually the few females in FF are hit on by any male characters in the vicinity.

Don't forget Galuf. He's considered a character too, y'know. And he's male. :moggie: (I'm aware of the irrelevence of the moogle smilie. But I like it!)

Flying Mullet
04-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Don't forget Galuf. He's considered a character too, y'know. And he's male. :moggie: (I'm aware of the irrelevence of the moogle smilie. But I like it!)
But Galuf isn't around for the second half of the game.

Marble
04-10-2004, 06:14 PM
UNFORTUNATELY, no. :mad:

The Man
04-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Honestly, when the FARIS IS A GIRL scene rolled around, I got all confused - hell, I'd always thought she was a girl. They never even refer to her as "he" before that scene, nor does she look... er... particularely masculine. Unless "he" is wearing a barrel inside "his" shirt. :-/
And I thought I was the only one. :eek:

Mr. Graves
04-11-2004, 11:56 PM
I, too, thought Faris was a girl at first.

bEoWuLfX
04-15-2004, 06:01 AM
well, in the beginning FMV for the game on the Ps system they show Bartz, Leina, and Faris. They spoiled it for me cause Faris was really girly looking.

eestlinc
04-15-2004, 06:14 AM
BARTZ IS NOT A BLOODY PIMP!!! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=40420)

Way to spoil the fact that Galuf dies and his granddaughter Cara takes his place, btw...

The Man
04-15-2004, 11:59 PM
no one explicitly stated that outside of a spoiler tag before you did, eest :pimp:

Master Quan
06-08-2004, 09:04 PM
When I bought FFV, I in good faith thought, man these old one's with crap graphix have to be bloody amazing to compensate.

Although not utter shit it still is relentlessly tacky at points.

-The seriously annoying Danger sequence music, y'know when you have to save Reina at the start of the game. -Shudder-

-The fact that Galuf has.........Amnesia!

-After Galuf saves the crew form the Siren, and it says "Bartz opened his eyes" I don't know what kinda shit the translators were smoking, either that or the japanese need everything pointed out to them.