PDA

View Full Version : Mithras

Kami
04-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Is it possible for a Mithra to be a male? I know I know, ithras can only be females, but a while back, i've seen some guy mithras pictures. Maybe? Just a curiosity.

Flying Mullet
04-06-2004, 07:05 PM
I never saw any male Mithras when I was playing, but then again I didn't explore a lot of the world of FFXI so it's entirely possible. Then again Square might have something lined up for an expansion too.

Ichy
04-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Nope, no Mithran Males. Absolutely nothing more than that has ever been stated and there are no Mithran Male NPCs in the game, either, there would be pics and threads about it flying about all over the internet ;)

I hope they never implement Mithran Males. I know plenty of Mithrans in-game who would throw a serious fit after playing their Mithras this far and finding out that they can get a Male one, finally, if they delete and start over or buy annother content ID... and start over.

Lionx
04-07-2004, 07:32 AM
I personally would want to be a Male Mithra if it was implemented. I wanted to be a mithra but since it was only girls, i picked a Taru instead.

There ARE male mithras according to the manual, just hidden away. I guess they are behind that sealed off section in Kazham, the Mithrian hometown. But its speculation since i never went down there.

Bahamut2000X
04-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Ya, in game male mithras exsist, just no one has seen em. Besides how else could they reproduce?

But I would like to see male mithras as playable charcters, then that way I won't think my brothers charcter look so hot. :whoa:

Kami
04-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Ah.... I see. So there are Male Mithras but you can't play as them... That's really crappy!!!

Don Salieri
04-07-2004, 06:21 PM
well their are rumers that mithra males are gonna be available as playable characters but hey thats only rumers you gonna look into that yourself

Edgar
04-20-2004, 01:00 PM
I fear Male Mithras would be as disappointing as a Galkan Female *bleach*

Citizen Bleys
04-20-2004, 03:50 PM
According to the manual, there are both genders, but only the females ever go out. It's that simple.

Personally, I'd be pissed if they ever made Mithra males available, because then my current Mithra character would be wasted--The only reason I'm playing as a girl at all is because I have no choice.

Lionx
04-20-2004, 10:51 PM
Psst..Galkas are Asexual if you read the manuals, they die and reincarnate. They are just "males" becuase of their looks.

Bahamut2000X
04-21-2004, 03:20 AM
Technically Galkas aren't anything really. Because to be asexual you have to be able to reproduce by yourself, all they do is just die and become themselves again, not give birth to new offspring through means of budding/regeneration/binary fission.

Roogle
04-21-2004, 08:45 AM
I would like to believe that the next expansion pack, Chains of Promethia, or however it's spelled, will contain male Mithra NPCs. They are probably hidden in that tunnel in Kazham that you cannot enter, or they may be in that cave just outside Kazham in the jungle behind the wooden fence—those are both unimplemented areas; at least, I know the one outside the jungle is, but I'm not sure about the Mithra by the auction house. You might be able to get past her for a quest.