PDA

View Full Version : Postal Service

Logan
04-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Does anyone else like that band?
Or does anyone have any mp3s, or a site they could direct me to that has links to some mp3s? (I have to wait a month to order the cd Give up)

:D

TheAbominatrix
04-08-2004, 06:28 AM
I only know of Peer to Peers to get them off of.

I really love the song 'Such Great Heights' or whatever it's called. I love the sound of it, the music and the singer and all... but the lyrics are so friggin lame they drive me nuts.

Cid
04-08-2004, 07:25 AM
If you like that band, you'll like Death Cab for Cutie. Their new cd, Transatlanticism is even better thant the Postal Service cd. But the Postal Service is really good. I'm happy for them.

IGN64skanker
04-08-2004, 07:46 AM
Postal Service is alright. I don't really like them as much as I like Death Cab, and I don't even like Death Cab that much. But I give Ben Gibbard mad props. The best thing about Postal Service, in my opinion, is the fact that Jenny Lewis sings on some of their songs. And her band, Rilo Kiley, is one of the best bands in the world.

Logan
04-09-2004, 01:14 AM
I have the mp3 of Such Great Heights, and The District Sleeps Alone Tonight. I've listened to Death Cab For Cutie before, because Lindz was always playing those songs, and I ended up listening to them.

I might get the CD sooner, and that's good.

Tokki Wartooth
04-09-2004, 02:12 AM
I've heard of them, but I never heard them. But I guess that's okay because I can't STAND Death Cab. :|

-N-
04-09-2004, 02:17 AM
Postal Service rocks. Give Up is an awesome CD. *owns it* I have mp3s too, but I can only email them to you, really.

The Man
04-09-2004, 04:11 AM
I think "Nothing Better" is my favourite track on the CD. But yeah, they own.

Heath
04-09-2004, 11:37 AM
I've heard of them, but I never heard them. But I guess that's okay <s>because I can't STAND Death Cab. :|</s>
<b></b>

Wrexsoul
04-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah, Give Up is an awesome album. At some parts the bleeps and bloops make me think of an oooold video game, and I can see where the lyrics might turn some people off. But man, some of those songs are just beautifully textured.... right now, my favorite could be the "recylcled air" one or "Natural Anthem." I like them all, though. A lot. :love:

Cid
04-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Old Death Cab and new Death Cab are two very different things.

Casey
04-11-2004, 07:01 PM
I like them, good music, especially there give up cd that came out a year ago, still sounds good. I like almost all the songs off it except ''such great heights'' cuz that song is played to much on the radio an what not. But yeah, my fav song off there is "Brand New Colony", and all the rest songs are cool.

IGN64skanker
04-12-2004, 05:40 AM
LISTEN TO RILO KILEY!!!!!!! OMFG!

Okay, this is why you should do this thing:
1. Jenny sings in the Postal Service, and you peeps are talking about liking them.

2. They are awesome.

3. Their guitarist, Blake, was on Salute Your Shorts (he played Pinsky for all you SYS nerds out there) and Boy Meets World (he was Frankie Stakeno's buddy Joey).

4. They rock so damn hard.

5. They're on Saddle Creek... which is fun. For you Bright Eyes fans... and CURSIVE! Oh man...

Whatever. Just listen to them!

TheAbominatrix
04-12-2004, 05:53 AM
Pinksy! Oh yay! *goes to listen!*

Cid
04-12-2004, 06:40 AM
Ah, I just thought that was a rumor.

IGN64skanker
04-15-2004, 01:05 AM
It's not a rumor...

AND! Cid, in the posts that got deleted you said something about pissing your pants because of my custom rank and I was gonna ask why but that got lost. TELL ME WHY!

Oh yeah... Postal Service is okay.

Go to www.emogame.com and play those games. Ben Gibbard is in them, Jenny Lewis is too, along with Tim Kasher, Conor Oberst, Cedric Bixler Zavala, tons and tons of your favorite emo/indie rockers.

Cid
04-15-2004, 07:37 AM
I piss my pants because your title is freaking hilarious

The Man
04-16-2004, 12:00 AM
what i don't get, and this is completely unrelated to the topic but who cares, is how so many people can dismiss emo as angst-ridden whining about "oh noes this girl won't go out with me." i dare you to name one at the drive-in song that's like that. i've yet to hear one.

TheAbominatrix
04-16-2004, 12:10 AM
what i don't get, and this is completely unrelated to the topic but who cares, is how so many people can dismiss emo as angst-ridden whining about "oh noes this girl won't go out with me." i dare you to name one at the drive-in song that's like that. i've yet to hear one.

Go cry in the corner, emo kid! :D

Anyway, I dunno about all that, most of us just like to tease our emo friends by saying that, but we dont mean it (by 'us' I mean my fellow punkish sorts). The reason the lyrics to 'Such Great Heights' bother me is because I find them terribly lame. The whole 'and when we kiss they're mirror images' deal with the eyes and the 'God Himself did make us two something about perfect peices or some crap'. It's just... lame.

The Man
04-16-2004, 02:07 AM
it's possible. atdi is really the only emo band i'm familiar with (i need to check out modest mouse and rites of spring at the very least as well, though), but most of their lyrics are political.

Cid
04-16-2004, 06:47 PM
Stop calling things emo. People too often mix things up. Modest Mouse is indie rock, imo. Indie rock is funner to be "in to". No confusion.

The Man
04-16-2004, 09:58 PM
i'm not really the one who dubbed Modest Mouse 'emo.' if AMG (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Br7xvad6ky8w2) calls them emo, then emo it most likely is.

i do think emo is a ridiculous label though, and don't really regard it as much different from most indie rock. music is supposed to be emotional anyway, why is emo more emotional than most indie?

Doomgaze
04-16-2004, 10:38 PM
I think I heard one of their songs on the radio (Q101 Chicago's fairly good with playing new songs, as large radio stations go) and it was pretty good.

Death Cab for Cutie sucks, though.