PDA

View Full Version : KHII This Year?

SeeDRankLou
04-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Well, it looks like we (NTSC-US people) might be getting KHII at the very end of this year. If you go to Gamespot or EBgames (and probably other pages) and look at their KHII page, it has the release date of KHII as 12-30-2004. I don't really know if this is possible. This release date would imply to me that the Japanese version of the game is semi-near completion. It usually takes Square about six months to translate games into NTSC-US format, so it would be released in Japan about the end of June. But then, I have heard no news of Chain of Memories being near completion. I hear there's going to be a playable demo of Chain of Memories at E3 in May, so I guess that it's more or less done. So if these dates are correct, Japan will be getting both new Kingdom Hearts within at most a month and a half of one another, which means the same might happen here.

Of course this date is not set in stone. With FFX-2, they originally had the release date late October. Then they pushed it back to December, then they pushed it up to early November, then back to December again, and at the last moment moved it back up to mid-November. So what do you guys think, are these dates a possibility or is Square just thowing a date at us to keep us on our toes?

Edit: Chain of Memories will be at E3. The official Chain of Memories website has given the game a very vague 2004 release date. Square is likely going to give its release date at E3, possibly earlier.

Dragonflame
04-08-2004, 09:36 PM
That would be great! I wasn't expecting KHII until mid-2005. I sure hope your information is correct.

Pheesh
04-26-2004, 08:42 AM
I heard that the japanese version is due may ( this year ) !! That would be soooooo cool. I also heard that KH2 is due in 30-12-04 ( in US ). But that is a bit of a bummer because i live in australia and i'm not sure if the australian shelf release dates are the same as the one's in the US. I hope so.

Jalbrean
04-26-2004, 09:54 AM
Hopefully they'll give us a hint when they show the game at E3. I'm itchin' to find out when I can get my impatient lil hands on the game.