PDA

View Full Version : Some FF7 Mysteries unveiled (obvious spoilers)

Stayin Dizzy
04-08-2004, 08:32 PM
About once a week I like to sit on the net and read FF7 theories and explanations just because it's my favorite game, and I like to understand it as best as possible. So I found this plot analysis written by Sophie Cheshire, who with the help of many others (and a few interview bits from the directors/makers of FF7) has explained everything about FF7 in full and uses THE ACTUAL GAME TEXT to show proof of statements. There are a couple of theories in there that are marked, as well as the origins of each character/summon/towns name. This is by far the best explanation I've ever seen, the interviews are nice, and it completely explains such things as: Who Sephiroths father is, Why Sephiroth could control Cloud at times, the relationships of all the characters, and so forth.

It's a decently long read, but any true fan of FF7 will enjoy this.

Go to
http://www.gamers.com/framelink/256484
and click on Plot Analysis under the in-depth FAQ

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-08-2004, 09:07 PM
I already understand everything about FFVII's plot. But thanks. :aimsmile:

Raistlin
04-09-2004, 04:40 AM
*briefly skims*

I find it amusing that she attempts to explain everything in the game, yet she fails to notice the one single piece of definite evidence of Sephiroth's age: Vincent. *shakes head*

Waste of time, if you ask me.

Stayin Dizzy
04-09-2004, 05:59 AM
What does Vincent have to do with Seph's age? It would seem through the game text that he was fathered by Hojo and Lucrecia

therealquigmaster
04-09-2004, 03:03 PM
I think what he meant was that Sephiroth is at least 20/30 years younger than Vince. Because in the videos under the waterfall it shows Vince trying to stop Hogo experimenting on his love. Who happens to be Sephiroth's mum. Meaning that vince was about 20(thats how old he looked) when Sephiroth was born.