PDA

View Full Version : What's new here?

Dee
04-09-2004, 06:42 AM
Boy, has it been a long time since I stepped foot here. Last time I checked, I last visited 10-06-2003 at 4:12 PM. Eh.

What's new around here? Any staff changes, new members? Forum changes? Looks like a new board look around here. The banner seems to be the same, for one thing. Sigh. Maybe I'll stay here for good. =)

And why do I have a * by my name? What do these mean?

I'm turning back into a newb... I faintly remember a few names but most that I'm known to are rare around here. Any of the "vets" left? Or you guys don't remember me either? *sweat* Anyone else leave for a "break"?

I don't know if these threads are allowed anymore, but I'll make one just to inform myself to come back. ^^;;

black orb
04-09-2004, 06:51 AM
>>> Welcome back..

Del Murder
04-09-2004, 06:52 AM
What Dee means to say is, 'How have you or Eyeson changed since you first started posting here?'

There are a lot of changes. As you may have noticed, we have moved to vB3 and we're still working the bugs out. Also there have been plenty of promotions (myself included) and new members, you'll see them posting if you stick around a while.

I remember you, Dee. You were always on the top 25 posters list. The * means you are in invisible mode.

eestlinc
04-09-2004, 07:08 AM
Unne quit and came back, so nothing has changed really. Sean came back.

Peegee
04-09-2004, 08:24 AM
I was administrator for a day.

Mikztsu
04-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Of course I remember you.:)

How you've been been? What have you been plotting during your absence, Dee?

Loony BoB
04-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Spatvark resigned, Bleys resigned, Del Murder got Knighted, as did Xander and Yamaneko. Unne rejoined as Admin, crono_logical is now an admin (not sure if that's new to you). Roogle and Daryl were also promoted to admin. Significant name changes (some you might already know):

eestlinc --> Tsunami Bren
crono_logical --> Guu
El Mariachi / StriderX284 --> Strider
kami1004 --> Kami
Sean --> Cid
Tatum --> Ashi
bennator0 --> bennator
Kuja Trance --> Heath
The Dude / Flying Mullet --> Mr. Mimic
Black Ninja --> Killy
Astos / Roostos / Sadia / The Fiend / Wuppa / Sarbles --> Denmark
pureghetto --> Moo Moo the Ner Cow
Levia --> Levian
RyuKishi --> Lindz
RikkuYuna89 --> Rye
TrowaBartonIV / TsukasaIV --> Bert

Those are just the ones I found while browsing a few threads, mind you.

Maxico
04-09-2004, 11:30 AM
And I emerged after a year and a thirds worth of not touching the general chat forum.

not that that matters or anything.

crono_logical
04-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Heh, I remember Dee :p Can't remember if it's the same Dee I met at Gamingforce once :p Is Gamingforce still about even? I haven't been there in months, andlast time I tried, the site was down :p

Rainecloud
04-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Never heard of it.

Loony BoB
04-09-2004, 01:31 PM
I remember when Dee was Vivi and everyone thought she was a guy so she changed names to Dee and a bunch of people still thought she was a guy. ;)

crono_logical
04-09-2004, 03:00 PM
I used to think she was a guy while she was Dee too :p

PeTeRL90
04-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Howdy. I be one of those new members you mentioned. I joined back in January.

Agent Proto
04-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Guu, I bet this is the same Dee from Gamingforce. I haven't posted there in quite awhile. I wonder how that place is doing too. :p

Citizen Bleys
04-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Oh, wow. Oldschool. I remember seeing you posting back when Magestar was active and Britt was still a friend, and tGA was an ezBoard...

P.S. I resigned specifically because you weren't around anymore.

m4tt
04-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Spatvark resigned, Bleys resigned.

You just like to leave me out of things, don't you? :cry:

eternalshiva
04-09-2004, 04:29 PM
*laughs @ Gau* they always leave you out of everything xD

Mikztsu
04-09-2004, 05:13 PM

*pats* They also forgot the ripping of my recognized member status away, which probably is the biggest thing ever happened in EoFF.:)

Shoeberto
04-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Sup Dee.

Linus killed himself <i>again.</i> That's about it.

Kami
04-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Deeee!!!! *jumps into her arms* I've missed you!!! <3

Loony BoB
04-09-2004, 05:55 PM

Those are just the ones I found while browsing a few threads, mind you.
You don't post enough! Or at least in the threads I looked at.

Dee, Matt resigned, too. *nods* There were probably others too for all I know.

Erdrick Holmes
04-09-2004, 06:29 PM
I got my name changed and I sorta grew up!

Yamaneko
04-09-2004, 07:28 PM
The emoticons are on the right side now. That's about it.

m4tt
04-09-2004, 08:10 PM
I post plenty! :aimmad:

Hi Dee!

Ashi
04-09-2004, 08:11 PM
I remember Dee. Actually this is the first time I post in a while, as well. Since January maybe? Not sure.

Welcome back anyways.

Mr. Graves
04-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Yes, I remember seeing her post once or twice here at EoFF. I see her at GamingForce all the time, so, y'know.......

But, yeah. This place changes constantly these days.

Dee
04-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Del Murder> Promoted eh? Looks like a lot of new people have joined. Can't really recognize a lot around here anymore. Except if people like you kept your avatar and sig like before.

eestlinc> Now why would Unne leave?

pureghetto> Sounds like fun! Did you mess up the board? Hur hur.

Looney Bob> Quite a few name changes! Matt resigned?! That's news to me. And people still think I'm a guy in GFF. Sigh. Vivi, yup. =D

crono logical (or Guuuuuuu--------)> GFF has been down for a week because bobo's comp or something screwed up while he was on a trip. A lot has changed, actually. Many members quit because of a foul April fool's joke, including Sword Serenity. *tear*

Rainecloud> http://www.gamingforce.com/forums I think that's what you're asking for, right?

Peterl90> Nice to meet you too!

Agent Proto> You were in GFF too. I'm guilty as charged. I'm the same Dee in GFF. Off topic, but didn't The Cure also sing Lovesong? That's the version I have.

Bleys> Britt, now what happened to him? How sweet of you! Resigning because I left... sniffle...

Gau> You're never left out, don't worry. =)

Mikstzu> How did that happen? Hehe.....

Kami> Duuuuude, I remember you!! *hugs*

Joel> I grew up too, yup.

Yamaneko> I don't even remember where the emoticons were supposed to be. =\

Ashi> Must... jog... memory.... XD

Mr. Graves> And who might you be at GFF?

Agent Proto
04-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Whoa, that really happened to GFF? I wouldn't have known. I've lost track since.... I don't remember. Been awhle. Anyway, yeah, The Cure also did Love Song, and I only heard 311's cover of it. :p

bennator
04-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Yay! I remember you because we share a birthday, and I made a birthday thread for you last year....

A lot has changed, a lot's the same, I don't even remember what this place was like in October

Chaos
04-09-2004, 11:21 PM
Welcome Back.
It's changed loads since I was last here....3 1/2 years or something rediculous.
Seen many people come and go, and come back. No escaping EoFF.

Chaos

Shlup
04-10-2004, 03:09 AM
Oh, wow. Oldschool. I remember seeing you posting back when Magestar was active and Britt was still a friend, and tGA was an ezBoard...She wasn't gone that long...

I don't think that much has changed.

Mr. Graves
04-10-2004, 04:34 AM
Mr. Graves> And who might you be at GFF?

Dr. Chud

Dee
04-10-2004, 06:53 AM
Proto> I think I'll listen to 311's version then, hehe. GFF, really, is kind of the same, if you're not a staff member that is.

bennator> Yeah... I remember that! Thanks for remembering. =)

Chaos> I suppose there's no escaping... Sigh.

Shlup> Actually, I think the "last time visited" was really a visit. I haven't been here in over a year. Or so. Don't remember what made me leave... probably the influx of people I just don't know who joined. =|

Mr. Graves> Never heard of you on GFF. Sorry.

Calliope
04-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Well, you're back so shouldn't you be telling us what you've noticed is new?

:hat:

eestlinc
04-10-2004, 07:05 AM
obviously the staff started allowing "I'm back" threads. That's new.

Del Murder
04-10-2004, 07:08 AM
What Dee means to say is, 'How have you or Eyeson changed since you first started posting here?'

You should read the whole thread next time, smart mouth. Dee forgot to mention that this was the topic in her first post. :D

eestlinc
04-10-2004, 07:11 AM
yes, of course

Kirobaito
04-10-2004, 07:15 AM
Ooooo...eest got told.....**whip crack** Look's like you're gettin' whipped.

**cough** Yeah. I don't remember when I registered. It was in the glorious month of June of '01 (in which the following members registered: myself, Del, Joel, HOOTERS, White Raven, Buddha, Kami, and a few others I don't recognize), but I only made a few posts in the FF7 General Trivia thread. I guess my real "beginning" in which I came here consistently was January of 02. It seems the same, except a few members are no longer their dominant selves (Del Snizz, Spatvark). Other than that...I don't think anything has changed. Except for this new spiffy layout. **polishes**

IlGreven
04-10-2004, 10:32 AM
I left, then came back. Not that too many peeps noticed. Found out I wasn't really cut out for text RP (had a character in tGA that knew too much...) Still have regular convos with Collector, who still runs TCB into the ground :)

Oh, yeah, and I still have horribly pixellated avs and sigs...

HOOTERS
04-10-2004, 03:02 PM
I remember the name Dee (especially from Neighbours, Toadie got over her a little too quick if you ask me :mog: ). I probably was Hootenanny back then.

escobert
04-10-2004, 03:10 PM
I was probably TsukasaIV or TrowabartonIV. I dunno besides board switched not a whole lot has changed.

Peegee
04-10-2004, 06:07 PM
wb threads aren't allowed *closes*

:D

Were you around when some 50% of the active members got banned?

Leeza
04-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Hi Vivi/Dee. I remember you. I don't think that Eyeson has changed too much since I joined, until this new vB3 came in. Now I have to figure out where the ban button is again. Since you've been here last I guess we got a few new members and lost a few members, and some members just won't go away. :)

CloudDragon
04-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Hey, I remember you way back when, more so when your name was Vivi and you had the Link bow and arrow avatar. You probably don't remember me because we never spoke much. Nice to have you back though. :)

Citizen Bleys
04-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Oh, and Linus turned into a woman. Forgot about that.

CloudDragon
04-11-2004, 08:13 PM
You mean he wasn't a woman before? I'm getting a divorce.

My relevant post is above. :D