PDA

View Full Version : Walking Tall and The Rock's Future in Hollywood

Mikztsu
04-09-2004, 11:13 AM
As a huge fan of The Rock ( professional wrestler and actor), I'm really looking forward seeing this movie. Rocky's the next big action star in Hollywood, filling Arnold's shoes. He has it all; charisma, humour, looks and skill. It's also been said that he's the top candidate to play role of the Superman, eventhough he has quite 'excotic' look.

His movies Mummy Returns 2, Scorpion King, The Rundown, and now Walking Tall has been great successes and his acting skills has been praised by critics.

Anyone seen walking tall? So what do you think? ( It DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!)

I also can't wait for his next movie <i>Be Cool</i> ( sequel to <i>Get Shorty</i>), where Dwayne Johnson a.k.a. The Rock plays role of some gay chef. :) I myself as a fan of WWE, would rather see him on the Wrestling Ring all the time, but oh well; this man was born to entertain.

metCloud
04-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Me being a fan of WWE and Action movies, I think he's great. Its kinda hard to get used to seeing him in movies though after seeing him in the ring so many times. Whenever I see him in a movie I keep waiting for the "Peoples elbow" :D and of course....."It Doesnt Matter What You Think"!!

I would still like to see him go back to the ring but, I dont think that will happen soon.

Del Murder
04-09-2004, 05:44 PM
This movie was 'eh'. Probably one of the shortest movies I've ever seen in the theaters, and not much happened really. Doesn't matter though, I only went to keep me streak of seeing all of The Rock's movies in the theater alive. He's making it hard though, Scorpion King sucked and I'm not too thrilled about this Be Cool.

Mikztsu
04-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Yeah, well, he's just playing minorish part in "Be cool".

About Scorpion King - maybe I was a bit biased. Should've it not been The Rock starring it, I would've probably not liked it too much. But hey, his career in Hollywood is just starting. I think he'll do great, yet at the same time I hope he flops so he could come back to WWE full time. But he seems like a great guy; WWE schedule is tough and you don't get to see your family too often ( The reason why Lesnar quit) and we have to remember that Rocky has a wife and a son. He's given so much to WWE, but yeah, I just don't know what to think.:) I just don't like so called "Rocky haters" who hates him because he went to make movies. We only have one life, and we better take the best of it for yourself and people you love.

Sephex
04-09-2004, 06:28 PM
I thought The Rundown was good. He seems to be getting better at acting as time goes on. More power to him if he decides to do a bunch of movies.

Mikztsu
04-09-2004, 06:32 PM
It seems like he's going for movies. He's getting offers from everywhere. There's no doubt he has everything what it takes ( and more) to be new Arnold Schwarzenegger in Hollywood. And funnier.

Peegee
04-11-2004, 12:57 AM
Why would you do a parallel between the Rock and Arnie? Arnold's movies range from just plain weird (that movie where he gets pregnant, for example) to passable for entertainment (the eraser, for example), to wow (terminator series).

The Rock's only up to the 'passable' stage, as far as I'm concerned. Good for him for getting into movies, but I really prefer to stay in the ring. *shrug*

Del Murder
04-11-2004, 03:25 AM
Yeah The Rock's movies haven't been great yet. The only reason I even see them is because he's in it, otherwise I would certainly not go. Arnold has made some great films and I don't really see Rocky ever making those, at least not for a while. For now it's just going to be this 'come watch because THE ROCK is in it, not because the movie is anything special' stuff.

BatChao
04-11-2004, 09:47 AM
I don't care what you guys say, The Rock is my hero. I'll admit Scorpion King wasn't all that great, but the Rundown and now Walking Tall are both awesome. AWESOME I SAY! Both are generic action movies, but the Rock makes em' so cool. And I'm not even a wrestling fan. He has a certain charm about him that makes him movies great. His acting ain't half bad either.

edczxcvbnm
04-11-2004, 03:52 PM
I liked the Rock as a Bad guy on WWF but then he went to a good guy and he just wasn't as good.

Mummy Returns - Good but he was in it for 5 minutes.
Scorpin King - Flat out sucks
Rundown - Awesome from start to finish
Walking Tall - I have yet to see it
Be Cool - The sequel to get shorty....it will probably be a disgrace of a movie.

Mikztsu
04-11-2004, 03:54 PM
I'm not exactly placing him in Arnold's shoes, but many are. What I was saying that he could become just as profilic action-star as Arnold.

I don't see many reasons why not? In my opinion Hollywood kinda lacks that type at the moment and Rocky could just make the cut.

edczxcvbnm
04-11-2004, 04:07 PM
There are only 2 people in hollywood right now that are cut out to be action stars. Vin Disel and Dwayne. Vin disel just sucks so that leaves us with Dwayne. He wins by default. Who else is there? Ben affleck? Hugh Jackman(cool but not a staight up action star...or maybe he could surprise us)? Ummmm....yeah!

Rock=next action star by default. Just quit wrestling and make movie please.

Mr. Graves
04-11-2004, 04:11 PM
No one can replace Arnold, in my view. Although the Rock proved that he can act, which is good for him I suppose.

He only played a bit part in The Mummy Returns, if I remember correctly. At the beginning of the film. I've seen Scorpion King, and he did a fine job.

If Hollywood thinks he's got what it takes, good for them.

Rainecloud
04-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Scorpion King sucked

I disagree with you there. Although it was short (and devoid of dialogue), I did enjoy the action scenes. Oh, and Kelly Hu was in it, too.

I enjoyed 'Welcome to the Jungle', as it was called here in the UK, and I'm looking forward to 'Walking Tall'.

I guess I'm just biased because I really enjoy seeing The Rock in something other than Wrestling.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
04-14-2004, 05:29 AM
yea they call it "welcome to the jungle" here in australia too....i liked the humour in that movie.....rock was funny story was meh but got good action i guess....over all that movie was just good!

all the best to the rock......