PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears Problem (spoilers)

DocFrance
04-10-2004, 07:06 PM
So I made it to the second disc, and now I've just made it aboard the Eldridge/Mahanon. I'm in the middle of the fight with Deus, and the game freezes up on me. What happens is Deus will attack a few times (usually use the Demi-ish spell once), and then the ame will stop during one of his attacks. It shows the name "Deus," as if he was about to attack, the music continues to play, the gears move like they're in battle, and I can even pause and unpause the game, but nothing else happens. I'm using the ePSXe emulator to play this. Has this happened to anyone else?

Aphelion
04-10-2004, 09:44 PM
I finished Xenogears without any problem, but it was on my Playstation.

DocFrance
04-10-2004, 09:51 PM
I'd go try it again on a Playstation, but it took me almost 40 hours to reach that point, so...

Aphelion
04-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Big problem for you, but sometimes is the only thing you can do. My Chrono Cross, for example, freezes in the middle of the ending. No New Game+ for me! My Final Fantasy 7 freezes in the middle of the battle with Dyne. Wonderful! I'm a little sarcastic too...Wonderful!

darkchrono
04-28-2004, 02:16 AM
do you guys keep your cd's in their cases?

Del Murder
04-28-2004, 02:37 AM
I had a freeze at some point, and the things you describe are familiar. I just reset and tried again and it worked, but I was playing on a PS2.

DocFrance
04-28-2004, 03:01 AM
Oh, wow, I forgot about this thread. Yeah, I fixed the problem by having a friend send me a save state right after that fight. So everything's all good. And stuff.

The Captain
04-28-2004, 03:03 AM
But you don't get to defeat Deus yourself, after so much work!

Glad it worked out though.

Take care all.

DocFrance
04-28-2004, 05:18 AM
Well, it wasn't the final fight with Deus, it was the first one in Mahanon. Didn't seem like such a hard fight to me - just wait for him to knock his own HP down so I can take him out with one Deathblow (System Id :love: ). The second fight... that's another story.

The Captain
04-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Touche`!

Take care all.

bEoWuLfX
04-30-2004, 04:27 AM
Well, I think Deus inside of Deus was just as easy if not easier then in the Eldridge. The final battle is made easier because you can defeat it's pillars first. All the bosses in this game were easy and in my opinion the environment of the game was way more hospitable then any other RPG.

BG-57
05-03-2004, 01:53 AM
I found Metatron a real pain.

-N-
05-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Looks like I'm a bit late - but I experienced the same problem with the same PSX emulator and the same fight... and everything. My plan was just save state every five seconds in case something goes wrong (e.g. the freezing) and if it freezes, reset to that state. Rinse and repeat until the fight is done. So I got to beat him and you didn't. Ha. :D

System Id
05-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Yeah, the exact same thing happened to me the first time I fought Deus. I was using a regular PS2, however. I attributed it to the fact that I had a used copy of the game (one that didn't even come with a stinking case). It worked fine after that first time, though. Until I got to the ending, that is, which is where it decided to freeze up again. I was not pleased.