PDA

View Full Version : Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Jebus
04-11-2004, 05:08 AM
(Thiis topic brought to you by your friends in chat.)

I was in chat talking and I thought..."This was one of the best books I have ever read. So why isn't there a topic about it in the lounge?" Well now there is, so...um, What was your favorite part, have you seen/liked the movie version, etc.

Myself, I don't know if I had an actual favorite PART, but that whole scene on the Heart of Gold in The Restaurant at the End of The Universe where he reveals that he's had a little mishap with a time-machine and a contraceptive was pretty funny.(Don't have the exact lines with me, you can shoot me later)

And I have not yet seen the movie, but as soon as I get some money I'm gonna go out and rent it/check it out.

Erdrick Holmes
04-11-2004, 05:10 AM
I had to read that book for my 11th grade english classes. Best use of foreshadowing ever used in a book I'd ever read!

Spuuky
04-11-2004, 05:14 AM
Most overrated books ever written.

Heath
04-11-2004, 08:27 AM
I love them, I would say I love Marvin, but there you go.

I love it how he talks that robot into killing itself. I've read all the books with the exception of Mostly Harmless, but that is supposed to be the worst one anyway.

Dr Unne
04-11-2004, 07:01 PM
The books are good in terms of mindless humor, bad in terms of mostly everything else. The first book was the best one, and they get worse and worse the more of them you read.

-N-
04-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Yeah - the first book is funny, new, and original, but the remaining books are more of the same. Still pretty funny though, and some nice insights here and there.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Kossage
04-11-2004, 11:01 PM
I haven't seen the movie but I will someday. Anyway, the first book of the series is best, IMHO, with all the nice humour and such. The other books just seem so strange compared to the first one. I don't really know what is my favourite scene in the book series. Probably the scene where they build that machine to find out the meaning of life and when they finally find out what the meaning of life, the universe and everything actually is. :)