PDA

View Full Version : Is Quistis ugly

Danger
04-11-2004, 08:11 AM
This came up in another thread and I was curious how things would turn out. I vote no.

Let's hear why you think she's a sexy librarian stripper type, or that she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down....

Del Murder
04-11-2004, 08:22 AM
I like the librarian look. Girls are 10x cuter with glasses.

TheAbominatrix
04-11-2004, 08:26 AM
She's the only girl on the team aside from Edea with half a brain. She doesnt act like an idiot, and she doesnt ever attempt to grab attention. Personality alone is pretty enough. Physically, she's (for a video game character, at least) very pretty. And her outfit is teh awesome.

The Nique
04-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Quistis is physically the most appealing charecter in FFVIII. The not-so-blond, blond hair and the way it was styled was hot. The glasses = teh cute, and her outfit was awsome. Even with midriff showing it didn't look slutty. That's high praise, esspecially considering my standards on what constitutes 'slutty'. :D

Now personality wise... yeah Quistis was smart. But she had PROBLEMS. Serious obsessive problems, linked with an inability to socialize correctly. Despite her bugging squall about his own aloofness, Quistis had some weird social issues of her own...

But yeah. She was hotter than Rinoa, and Selphie, and I thought both of them were pretty hot. Rinoa had the right kind of personality though... innocent, but not nessecerily naive, and affectionate, too emotional at times, but all around she was pretty cool. Selphie was basically an attention whore, but she was so darn cute, how could you be upset about it :love: ? And although the yellow short-short overalls were pretty slutty, they = teh hot. Ggrrrooowllll.... :greenie:

admat97
04-11-2004, 03:17 PM
This came up in another thread and I was curious how things would turn out. I vote no.

Let's hear why you think she's a sexy librarian stripper type, or that she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down....

I'm not a guy, but I think she's very attractive. Definately not considered "a 10 until she opens her mouth". Someone a guy would want a long term relationship with.

DocFrance
04-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Quistis: Squall, make love to me NOW!
Squall: ...whatever.

m4tt
04-11-2004, 04:50 PM

Totally :love:

admat97
04-11-2004, 05:21 PM

haha :)

Mr. Graves
04-11-2004, 06:25 PM
She's hotter than Selphie, I'll give her that.

DJZen
04-11-2004, 09:03 PM

quickly followed by....

Quistis: I have to get some grocies. Stay here and try not to do anything bad until I get back.

Squall: No! Quistis! You can't leave me now! Not now! Why did she have to go? *goes fetal*

TasteyPies
04-11-2004, 09:47 PM
So im the only one who thinks Quistis is the least attractive one?

IMO Selphie = teh smoken dish

BG-57
04-12-2004, 12:49 AM
I doubt it TasteyPies, but this is all subjective anyway.

JseanjohnC
04-12-2004, 01:58 AM
first time u c her shez damn hott...just a lil

The Man
04-12-2004, 02:43 AM
Squall: ...whatever Then go talk to a wall.
And yes, Quistis is hot. Possibly the hottest Final Fantasy character of all time, actually.

DocFrance
04-12-2004, 04:30 AM
Have you even played FFVIII, Aaron?

Imperia
04-12-2004, 04:49 AM
She's definitely not ugly. How can she be? She's beautiful- outside and inside...

DJZen
04-12-2004, 07:15 AM
It's probably just me, but I have a hard time not thinking of Selphie as being under age 13.

The Man
04-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Have you even played FFVIII, Aaron?
Nope. http://foolsgold.kicks-ass.net/forum/images/smilies/ezpimp.gif

DocFrance
04-16-2004, 12:43 AM
Nope. http://foolsgold.kicks-ass.net/forum/images/smilies/ezpimp.gif Good. Keep it that way.

Kirobaito
04-16-2004, 01:54 AM
I think all three FFVIII girls are attractive. Xu would be if I ever saw her in a video.

Besimudo
05-03-2004, 12:58 AM
Quistis is attractive at one point in the game - That is to say, during the end sequence at the Garden party. This was probably due to the fact that it was night time!

In her début, she looks as if she has a hang over or something and her rants about Squall's personal life did not help her personality. This has led me to believe that Quistis seemed a little too familiar with the bottle; such as Jim beam Bourbon or Gordon's Gin. Despite the fact I have little evidence, her interest in Squall's personal life was reminiscent of the - older, constantly in your face 20 something (life experience) female friend, who enjoys "art weekly" and "Your life in Zen" magazines while brooding over an imitation Nescafe espresso latte after a bad night on Gin.

DJZen
05-03-2004, 01:17 AM
She strikes ME as a pitcher. :D

RSL
05-04-2004, 04:14 AM
She stole my heart the moment I first laid eyes on her... :(

Freya Coral
05-05-2004, 02:48 AM
If I were a guy, I would think she was very pretty. Rinoa's not an airhead, but I think Quistis is a lot more intelligent than Rinoa and Selphie put together. She also seems to be the most levelheaded of the three women. Selphie acted like she drank about 10 shots of espresso and Rinoa was way too emotional.

escobert
05-05-2004, 02:54 AM
She's the only girl on the team aside from Edea with half a brain. She doesnt act like an idiot, and she doesnt ever attempt to grab attention. Personality alone is pretty enough. Physically, she's (for a video game character, at least) very pretty. And her outfit is teh awesome.
I agree she is one of my favorite girls in final fantasy.

Strider
05-05-2004, 06:08 AM
Are you crazy? She's not ugly.

Iceglow
05-05-2004, 01:32 PM
give her red hair and I would be putty in her hands but then she's hot and I have a strong dislike of blonde haired girls so no she's a 9 with blode hair but with redhair she could be a 10 and I'm really harsh on the grading

Rusty
05-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Do you mean blonde animated girls or blonde girls in real life :P coz I take offence in what u said :P :D
Dont worry Im not serious..but I am blonde...

Iceglow
05-05-2004, 03:12 PM
In RL and animated it's nothing that I can truly justify but if I see a blonde girl with a brunette I'll generally think the brunette is prettier (lets say it's a choice between the actress who played Faith in Buffy or Sara Michelle Gellar then the girl who played Faith wins hands down.) however if theres a pretty red haired girl in the place then I'm like a soft putty in her hands the only thing that bothers me about my ex is shes a highly attractive natural red hed so I'm still gonna be putty in her hands forever.

Flying Mullet
05-05-2004, 03:15 PM
She's cows-butt ugly. :chef:

Rusty
05-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Im still tryng to imagine quistis with red hair..nope it wouldnt work...shes looks good as a blonde :P gosh she doesnt act like it sure..but still..shes still gorgeous as a blonde :P

Why dont u all like blondes? Is it you dont like us personally or is it just the way we look ;)

Flying Mullet
05-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Quistis was unfortunate enough to appear in FFVIII.

Kami
05-05-2004, 09:22 PM
I thought she was gorgeous when the first FMV of her came out. <3 Maybe cause I was excited it was a FMV. I get excited for stupid things. :/

Besimudo
05-06-2004, 04:25 AM
Red hair...That is inconceivable!
Quistis had the German scientists lab assistant look, this reflected her clinical and at times annoyingly analytical nature. As I pointed out earlier.

Blondes are only a teen sub-order since Christina Applegate starred in the 80's comedy "married with children".

Before this time Blondes were viewed (in pop culture) as the “femme fatale” of many a Hitchcock film, or the sexy assistant of a German Scientist! Never the "dumb blonde" the modern west, namely, America and its international clones have come to accept.

As for this statement...
"(lets say it's a choice between the actress who played Faith in Buffy or Sara Michelle Gellar then the girl who played Faith wins hands down.)"

1. One example is not a reliable statistical score.
2. Sara Michelle Gellar was the beautiful heroine.
3. Eliza Dushku was cast as her nerdy friend.

and...
"Why don’t u all like blondes? Is it you don’t like us personally or is it just the way we look"

As Vouge magazine stated "Blonde is always in".

I believe that attractiveness has little to do with the hair colour. But Blondes do usually win the beauty contests, as such contests are based on quantifiable measures e.g. height, waist, straightness of hair. Also Sweden, Denmark and Norway have a lot of attractive blonde women as a percentage of population.

... Just remember, guys who play final fantasy tend to have more exposure to Asian culture and often consider Japanese women to be the most beautiful. While this may be the case (some of the time), ruling out blondes altogether is unfounded.

Ran Ciel
05-06-2004, 07:34 AM
Though she wasn't my favorite female character from FFVIII, I still think Quistis is beautiful. I forget who she reminded me of off hand. You could say she has the Nicole Kidman look from Eyes Wide Shut, I suppose, but then I don't care for Ms. Kidman. ::shrugs:: Final verdict? Yeah, she's pretty.

Rusty
05-06-2004, 09:02 AM
*Round One! Blondes versus redheads! DING!*

Polaris
05-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Redheads will win!!!!!

We're the best!!!!!!!!!!

Iceglow
05-06-2004, 03:40 PM
please lets not get overboard on this! Geez only voiced my humble opinion to the others here. It's not like I said that all blondes are FUGLY I just said that blondes aren't my type, and given a choice I wouldn't pick a date with a blonde girl, factor in I have a thing for red heads (more particulary those who fit my criteria which is very harsh in any case. Seriously you have to be very attractive to turn my head and then you need a good personality to pin me down...sounds like I'm after the impossible I know.)

I know it sounds crazy but in my experience the attractive red haired girls I meet have a better personality than the blondes. I think it has something to do with confidence. A red haired person is generally picked on in school for the colour of their hair hence they tend to dye it a lot, this happens regardless to how attractive the person is in all other respects.

Where as a blonde person who is attractive in school normally has three or four people after them at once, therefore to put it politely they tend to have a bigger image of self importance or self attractivity. In short they get big headed ever heard the phrase "Sure she's attractive but she knows it only too well"? that comes from the idea of it.

In my experiece Red haired girls who I have found attractive have better personalities than the attractive blondes I know. Just a matter of opinion as is my preference for a deep red over a dirty yellow.

Polaris
05-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Of course!!!!!

We are prettier, really funny ^^, attractives, smarter!!!!! We have a special ay for seduce people!!!!

We are the best!!!!

Manjusri
05-06-2004, 09:33 PM
The first time i saw the first fmv of quistis i thought she was a guy :p . Who was evil

Rusty
05-07-2004, 07:40 AM
but you are basing all ya facts on blondes are superficial, ditzy have no personality and are totally feed by there ego...

i feel so sad :P

blondes kick a**!

we do have a personality etc...

i think anne of green gables gave reds a bad name....but i have nothing agaisnt them...that is why im nice 2 mydreamsalready :D dont u feel loved? :rolleyes2

TheAbominatrix
05-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Yes, for good or bad, your opinion on someone should most definitly revolve around their hair color. Most especially when it's online.

Polaris
05-12-2004, 02:12 PM
dont u feel loved? :rolleyes2

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Rusty
05-12-2004, 02:21 PM
coz im nice to u :P

Polaris
05-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Yes...!!!!!!!!

I'm very happy!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Rusty
05-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Yay :D feel the love peoples :D

Lord Xehanort
05-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Del Murder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep-yep!

Ariel
05-12-2004, 11:53 PM
She was a very pretty character, and her outfit was great.

Peegee
05-14-2004, 04:34 AM
She looks like Tokki actually, if she (Tokki) were to wear her hair the right way.

:D

Lanceph
05-14-2004, 04:49 AM
WELL, Since Quistis is the best thing to happen to FFVIII, of course she's pretty! She is the most beautiful character ever to appear in the FF series! Now for everyone's sake, I wont rant on about her God-like looks perfect aura but she is one of the best characters in FFVIII and definantly the most beautiful!

THREE CHEERS FOR QUISTIS! :D

Lux Trepe
08-26-2004, 02:50 PM
I just love Quistis! She is adorable! it's my favorite character!

NightfallInfernal
08-27-2004, 10:45 PM
I think she was really to pixalated to have an opinion ab00t it

08-27-2004, 10:52 PM
basically every animated female is very hot...they are not going to come out with a FFXV with a fat hairy russian woman as the main character it's jsut unapealing

Jolts
08-27-2004, 11:26 PM
I don't fantasize about animated females or anything, but I don't think Quistis was ugly.

---EDIT---
That doesn't sound right...I don't fantasize about any animated character. Wether they be female, male, animal, etc...

Optium
08-28-2004, 08:00 PM
I'll take Garnet and Rikku over Quistis any day.

.opt

Zante
08-28-2004, 08:36 PM
In the video sequences she looked quite OK, but she looked horrible during the rest of the game.

Carnage
08-28-2004, 09:16 PM
basically every animated female is very hot...they are not going to come out with a FFXV with a fat hairy russian woman as the main character it's jsut unapealing

Exactly.

Chick+Whip=greatness

Levian
08-29-2004, 08:11 AM
wtf? She didn't look great at all. The only time she looked good was during the end sequence, but so did everyone :p EVEN SELPHIE!. You weird people :/

SadisticStreetSoldie
08-31-2004, 02:17 AM
What are you talking about? She was gorgeous and I don't usually say that about blondes. Her maturity made her stand out from all the other FF females and she kicks ass

Levian
08-31-2004, 01:05 PM
Well, maturity has nothing to do with this topic, unfortunately. Besides, I didn't say she was ugly. I only said she wasn't hot.

Mo-Nercy
08-31-2004, 02:31 PM
She looked cute in the FMVs. But not cute in the hot way. Cute in the Love Hina way :love: And "Quistis." That is the exotic name to have. I like.

Lord_Seymour
09-01-2004, 12:24 PM
http://home.midsouth.rr.com/yamahaman/lostboy/ff8gifs/Squall.gif (http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php3?client=SorceressKnight)
You are Squall!
A lone wolf with the weight of the world on your shoulders, you
may not communicate your feelings to your friends, but you
are a true friend to those you are close to. In spite of your
hesitance to warm up to people, you're likely one hot number in
the eyes of the opposite sex.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here! (http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php3?client=SorceressKnight)

black orb
09-02-2004, 02:43 AM
>>> She is very attractive but Quistis was no match for Edea (one of the most gorgeous FF females ever)..
In the other hand Rinoa and Selphie were just horrible and scary..

Turk
09-05-2004, 05:22 AM
Rinoa > Edea > Ultimecia > [insert other FFVIII female characters here]

kikimm
09-05-2004, 07:10 PM
I think she's pretty, although I don't exactly like blondes (no, I'm not a lesbian---I just have a thing against blondes at my school). I actually think she looks better at the end, with no glasses, and her regular outfit. *shrug*

:D

Giga Guess
09-06-2004, 06:10 AM
I think she's pretty attractive. She has a kind of cougar-in-training thing going on.

Leene
09-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Quistis is THE BEST and she is more pretty than Rinoa,i'm still wondering how Squall choosed Rinoa. :confused: