PDA

View Full Version : How do you kill Adel?

admat97
04-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Adel keeps either killing my party or Rinoa dies and I lose. There has to be a way. I keep trying to aim for Adel but am not sure if I am hitting her (doesn't Adel look like a guy...with all of those muscles?)or Rinoa. I even healed Adel last night by accident. There has to be an easier way!!

I am so frustrated...I really want to finish this game. I had started over because I missed Enc-None. I have all of the GF's.

Please Help!!!

DocFrance
04-11-2004, 04:38 PM
Slow down the battle speed so you have time to figure out your target. Cast Regen on Rinoa at the start of the battle. Avoid spells and limit breaks that hit everything (like Ultima, Meteor, Blasting Zone, any blue magic). Make sure your characters have high strength and high spirit.

Mr. Graves
04-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Did you overlevel? Enemies level up along with you, so they get more challenging as your characters get stronger.

Try junctioning all your characters HP to the highest it can go, and use HP+ bonuses of you have them. (You really should at this point...) remember to keep healing Rinoa, because it's Game Over if she runs out.

I hope it helped.

admat97
04-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Thank you! I will try these tonight. I'll let you know how it works tomorrow.

I am probably leveled up to Max. Will using Lv down help in this battle? Also, I will try to change battle spead as well.

Thanks Again :)

Peegee
04-12-2004, 12:20 AM
Is there an Adel guide for FF8? I should write one, but I haven't fought her yet, so I won't be sure this works (though I will still guarantee it will).

Doesn't matter what level you are. Do the following asap before starting your attack:

- Somebody is the healer; s/he must have recover
- cast regen on Rinoa
- stock auras
- have meltdowns
- squall or zell is needed

You can see where I am going with this. Cast regen, cast meltdown, then cast aura on squall/zell. Do break limits on Adel. However, I suggest you either use Zell or Irvine against Adel. Here's why: Squall can do that light beam move that will hurt Rinoa. Zell/Irvine won't have group attacks.

Just repeat Zell/Irvine's break limits over and over. It's easy.

BG-57
04-12-2004, 12:47 AM
Two additional things to keep in mind:

1) Avoid elemental spells, including junctioning elemental magic to Elem-Attack.

2) You can mug Rinoa.