PDA

View Full Version : Gatta and Yaibal?

TheSpoonyBard
04-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Are Gatta (Luzzu's assistant, FFX) and Yaibal (Youth League member, FFX-2) one and the same? They look and sound very similar. If this is the case then it questions the continuity of the games as Gatta died in Operation Mi'ihen (FFX).

Mo-Nercy
04-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Actually, the thought never occured to me until now but it seems very likely.

For one, you can decide whether it's Luzzu or Gatta that dies in Operation Mi'ihen, depending on the decisions you make (sorry, the prerequisite slips my mind) Generally, people will end up with Luzzu dying.

I thought it was a bit strange that Yaibal runs up to Yuna and asks her if she "remembers him" just like the other NPCs (Dona, Isaaru, Maroda etc.)

So yeah. I suppose it's likely.

Kupo
04-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Mmm, I would say, definitely not. Yaibal runs up to Yuna to ask if she remembers him because I am pretty sure he appears in the "Eternal Calm" teaser movie. After he asks her that, he actually intoduces Gatta and you can see both of them. I figured that unless you specifically sent Gatta off to his doom in FFX, you would end up with a dead Luzzu, which is why Luzzu doesn't show up in X-2.

Anyway, I am gonna stick with a hearty no. :moggie:

FFboy4ever
04-15-2004, 02:12 AM
what do you do to make one or the other die. cuz i've always gotten luzzu dead.....i think...

Kupo
04-15-2004, 02:33 AM
You have to talk to Gatta at the command center and choose the option that lets him know you think he should be out on the field doing important things, too. :moggie: