PDA

View Full Version : Chapelle's Show

Shoeberto
04-12-2004, 05:54 AM
I figured this needs a topic.

What do you guys think of it? I think it's absolutely hilarious. They always seem to have unique material, and even when a skit is a hit, they know not to milk it, unlike a lot of sketch comedy shows out there (*coughMadTVcough*).

I just started watching regularly when the second season started. Favorites include both the Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories, the Samuel Jackson commercial, and the whole Wayne Brady ordeal in the latest episode - the sketch where it shows what Wayne is really like had me laughing so hard I was crying.

I can't think of much more to say since it's late and I haven't had much caffeine today. What do you guys think of it?

Bahamut2000X
04-12-2004, 07:27 AM
I like Chappelles show quite a bit. Even though it's sor of claimed to be black humor, I find it more so neutral with a few racial jokes (on all races mind you) added in every now and then. I like all the random one time skits but some of the continuing ones (Like Charlie Murpheys Ture Hollywood stories)

Although one of my favoritest skits was the one in which they had all the puppets and were doing the songs all little kiddy style, except with all the more adult themese. Ahhh much greatness.

Siwolae
05-01-2004, 04:28 AM
"I'm Wayne Brady, b!tch!"

gawd, that was a freakin' hilarious skit. The Chapelle Show rox! That, Insomniac, repeats of Conan O'Brien, and South Park are my main reasons for loving Comedy Central. ^_^

The Captain
05-01-2004, 04:46 AM
The sharpest, most relevant skits on social and politcal life since the first few years of SNL. Chappelle is quite frankly a wonderfully gifted, and hilarious man. I hope the show continues for several seasons and we all actually watch the show, and see what the real messages beneath the comedy are.

"Although one of my favoritest skits was the one in which they had all the puppets and were doing the songs all little kiddy style, except with all the more adult themese. Ahhh much greatness."

Check out the play "Avenue Q" on Broadway. Chappelle got the idea for this skit directly from this show.

Take care all.

muchacho
05-06-2004, 04:43 AM
the draft was SOOOOO funny, "good bye fried rice, hello fried chicken",
"i all ways wanted to say this, forshizzle"

and the "i wanna piss on you" song makeing fun of r.kelly, genious.

Erdrick Holmes
05-06-2004, 02:22 PM
OOOOOKAAAAAY!

LH
05-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Chappelle's Show is the best new thing on TV since South Park. He can tackle the subject of race, make fun of all kinds of different people and I still don't see one bit of bad intention behind his jokes. Ever. He's exploring and making light of stereotypes and building jokes around them rather than concentrating squarely on the stereotype like most race comedians-based do. Did anyone see the Clayton Bigsby, black white supremacist skit? It appeals to all people on all levels. If you don't look too deeply you can enjoy the surface jokes like the white kids in the car listening to rap and being overjoyed at being called niggers, Dave Chappelle's impression of a stereotypical white trash racist hick, etc. If you do look deeper to the underlying message you can see how he points out the hypocrisy and ignorance of the KKK by having a black man hate black men simply because of the crap he's been told all his life that he believes without challenging it.

He can take on drugs and make some of the best jokes I've ever heard on TV out of them. And he never misses the chance for a joke either. Does anyone remember the skit where the girl had huges boobs and wished for them to be smaller? At the end when it was all wrapped up, Dave's character said "Nah, I'm just high on PCP. Why you followin me around?" when she asked him how he could time travel with her? Genuis. Just to get that one extra joke in too in order to squeeze the most he can into a five minute skit.