PDA

View Full Version : A GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
04-14-2004, 05:33 AM
hey people i just want to know in ur opinion 5 aspects of what makes a great movie....talk about anything......story.....movie mediums etc.

Stayin Dizzy
04-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Great movie...hmm.
Plot
Storyline
Character Development
Keeping the viewers attention
not overdoing it

edczxcvbnm
04-14-2004, 03:39 PM
Aren't plot and storyline the same thing?

Good script and dialog. Without this a movie is doomed to fail no matter how well everything else is done because it will just feel so ackward.

Great story.

Great Acting

Great Directing

Great sound editing(not really thought about but cleaning up the picture and making it 5.1 and all that good stuff goes a long ways in movies today)

DocFrance
04-14-2004, 03:46 PM
There's no definite formula for a great movie - each movie has its own qualities that set it apart from others. For example, "Super Troopers" and "The Shawshank Redemption" are both great movies, but they are great movies for different reasons.

PeTeRL90
04-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Good characters and good acting are a must for a good movie. As well as plot.

I also think the length of the movie is a factor in it. I mean, people don't want to sit in a theatre for 4 hours watching a movie that turns out to be sucky.

Breine
04-14-2004, 06:47 PM
There's no definite formula for a great movie - each movie has its own qualities that set it apart from others.

I totally agree.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
04-15-2004, 12:11 AM
There's no definite formula for a great movie - each movie has its own qualities that set it apart from others. For example, "Super Troopers" and "The Shawshank Redemption" are both great movies, but they are great movies for different reasons.

good theory but then wouldn't good acting and script come to mind for making those movies great....i mean if tobey magire (the dude of spider man) was chosen to do a part in "Super troopers" it wouldnt be as funny.....you get what im saying...?

....i guess what im saying you could make a generalisation of what a great movie is in your opinion....even if they are two of the most different movies, there are factors in both movies that make em "great"....