PDA

View Full Version : FFXI for PS2 Info Needed!!!!

Blazer
04-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Ok, well since my last post was deleted (i knew it would happen) here's what i need to know...

1.What do i need to play FFXI on ps2? The things i already know are
-Network adapter, FFXI bundle , Visa or master card (and 12.95 a month)
-I already own, A PS2, A usb capable keyboard and mouse (i know these both work because in one of the main ffxi pages they are both listed as things that would work well), and 56k internet

2.Can i keep switching my ip on my network adapter and my ffxi game?
-when i buy the game i'll probably have access to cable for a day or two, so i want to be able to download all the patches, but will i be able to change my ip settings when i return home and am stuck on 56k?
-will it let me play in both the US and Canada if this is true?

If theres anything else that i should know please tell me.

Thanks!

Rostum
04-14-2004, 03:05 PM
You don't know much about MMORPG's do you? It doesn't matter what IP you are on, it just matters that you know the log-in details for your PlayOnline account and FFXI character, because it's all stored on Square's servers. The only thing you need to remember is that one copy of FFXI can only work on one PS2, so installing it on another won't work because you would need a different key code and a different account. You don't need anything else apart from what's on your list... maybe a T.V. or something but yeah... Just get the game, and the bundle, it's not that hard.

You can play on both Canada and US as i think they use the same formats (NTCS or something).

Blazer
04-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Yeah but all i really need to know is if i can change the ip with my network adapter and my ffxi, like if i switch between 56k and different cable internets. i'm not talking about different ps2's i'm talkin about moving mine around. so what i really need to know is if the network adapter/ffxi has an option (after you initially set your ip) if you can change it. :moggie:

Thanks for the help tho

Rostum
04-14-2004, 11:53 PM
And I'm telling you it doesn't MATTER what IP you have (You don't actuall set your "IP" address, you just set up you connection I presume, and that would be as easy as it is on the computer, just create a new connection)... FFXI and the netword adapter aren't fixed to the one IP address, hell 56k's IP address' always change. You can have what ever connection you want to the PS2 whenever you want.