PDA

View Full Version : This is an outrage

DMKA
04-15-2004, 12:01 AM
I did it...I beat the game with 100% completion, 3rd play through and...all it showed it the normal ending...

O__________________________O

WTF!?!? What happened? Why? It did however say "THANKYOU FOR PLAYING" on the "THE END" screen...but that was the only difference...

Also, I recall when I obtained the good ending it had the Fayth that ask me "DO you want to see him again?" and I say "yes", but now with 100% he doesn't even show up! Instead...

SPOILER AHEAD (sorry I dunno how to mark the spoilers)
It shows a transparent spirit version of Tidus who comes and puts his arms around Yuna (much like FFX's ending), but in-game graphics...not FMV...

And then it goes on to show the 'normal' ending, but yet I already got the good ending on the SAME FILE! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! And I was so ready to see it too...

Does anyone know why this happened? I'm pissed cause I got 100% and it went and did this

SeeDRankLou
04-15-2004, 12:09 AM
OH that sucks...*pats brokensailor8335 on head*

Getting 100% is not all that is required to get the perfect ending. You must also qualify for the good ending. There are three things that you must do to get the good ending:

1. Speak to Machean at Guadosalam in Ch 3.
2. At the end of Ch 3, after the scene with Yuna and Shuyin when Yuna is all alone in the Farplane, she will say "I'm all alone" and there will be silence. In this silence, press X. A silhouette of Tidus will appear and whistle. Repeat this until Tidus leads her out of the Farplane.
3. After you beat Shuyin and the girls are walking across the Farplane Glen, press X. Bahamut's fayth will appear. Answer "Yes" to his question.

Only after qualifying for the good ending and getting 100% will you get the perfect ending. The ending that you saw is the sad ending, and that's because you didn't do one of the first two things up there.

And again, that really sucks.

DMKA
04-15-2004, 12:12 AM
But I DID do all that...I've even obtained and watched the good ending, and even bought it in the sphere theatre!

SeeDRankLou
04-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Did you do it in this current play where you got 100%, or did you do it on one of the other two times you've played and thought it carried over?

DMKA
04-15-2004, 12:30 AM
Yes...I thought it carried over...so you mean it doesn't? Does that mean that I have to play through once more?

SeeDRankLou
04-15-2004, 12:39 AM
As far as the story goes, only things that are worth percentage carry over to the next game, and I'm pretty sure none of those three things are worth percentages. I know the second one isn't.

Do you have to play yet again? Not necessarily. Do you have a save file somewhere in Ch 3, preferably toward the end? If you do, then just play through the later half of the game and make sure you do everything that you did to get 100% plus those three things for the good ending. Sorry I can't be of more help.

eternalshiva
04-15-2004, 03:28 AM
ROTFL

That happened to my friend SIX TIMES xD he thought all the events carried over but it's only the percentage xD not the events xD

ROTFL

That completely SUCKS, I hope you have a file saved earlier other wise you'll have to play again and make sure you go through all the motions xD

DMKA
04-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Nope, I had to start over, but I got the Perfect Ending now...

Four times played at...120:12

O______________O

Wow I've never even spent NEAR that much time on a single game before. But thats what it took for me to finally obtain 100%. It turns out that you just need to make sure you do the press X thing in the Farplane when Yuna is alone, and that you talk to that old guy before the end of Ch 3 in the LeBlanc syndicate hideout. Also, I never completed the PR Mission of the MM mission thus never getting Episode complete in the calm lands but...I still got 100% O_o.

eternalshiva
04-15-2004, 03:23 PM
I have 120 hours just on the second time around xD

Del Murder
04-16-2004, 05:42 AM
That fact that levels do not carry to new game plus discourages me from ever playing again. So good job there, Squeenix.

DMKA
04-16-2004, 01:18 PM
LoL....all you have to do is get to the Bevelle underground path to the Farplane, with three Lady Lucks and Lure Bracer equipped you'll be level 99 in like...no more than half an hour :p

Del Murder
04-17-2004, 02:16 AM
Not the point. I wanted to breeze through the first 3/4 of the game with my high levels. :(

aeris2001x2
04-17-2004, 12:51 PM
only 120 hours on 4 plays? i have 120 hours on two plays, 150 hours on ff8, 230 hours on ffx and over 500 hours on ff7. u need to be a bit more sad, its fun lol!

but anyway i got the best end. its ok and nice but also quite sombre. still, i still believe this end undermines ffx's tragic parting end.