PDA

View Full Version : Which FF Has The Best Blue Magic?

BG-57
04-15-2004, 01:02 AM
The first thread I started asking which FF had Blue Magic got deleted (due to the server save I believe). I think the title speaks for itself.

I personally like FFV the best because every character can use blue magic, and (best of all) if one Blue Mage learns a Blue Magic, the spell shows up in the Blue Magic spell roster of every character.

The other FF games make it too limited: either only one character can learn it (Strago in FFVI, Quistis in FFVIII, Quina in FFIX, Ramza in FF Tactics) or you have to get hit with the spell multiple times to learn it on every character (FFVII E-skill).

Trumpet Thief
04-15-2004, 04:34 AM
I thought FF8's way with Blue Magic was good, with a whole load of spells you could choose from.

Del Murder
04-15-2004, 05:25 AM
I like the Frog Drop, but the FFVII E-skills were very useful for me, since it gave you a variety of magic using only one slot.

DocFrance
04-15-2004, 06:03 AM
I don't like the blue magic in VIII, IX, and X, since you don't learn it the "traditional" way like in V, VI, VII, and T-A.

crono_logical
04-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Oh good, you included FFTA this time :p

Skogs
04-15-2004, 12:50 PM
The Enemy Skill materia was probably most useful. Matra Magic was very useful early on in the game, then later skills like Big Guard and White Wind helped a lot as well.

BG-57
04-16-2004, 01:38 AM
I agree that E-skills are great to cast (Big Guard and White Wind spring to mind), but it is difficult and often frustrating to get all of them on all four E-skill materia (Trine and Pandora's Box especially). In comparison the FFV Blue Magic was a snap to acquire. And I used them as often in FFV as I did in FFVII.

black orb
04-16-2004, 03:32 AM
>>> Some FF5 Blue magic was useful..

Del Murder
04-16-2004, 05:21 AM
Why would you need them on all four E-skill materia when you only use three players?

DocFrance
04-16-2004, 05:59 AM
Maybe if you're trying to get a perfect game...?

BG-57
04-16-2004, 02:48 PM
One form of Sephiroth requires more than four players to fight.

But really I like having a complete roster of spells. I missed getting Trine on the first play through (I'm sure many people did). That was nothing compared to the frustration of Pandora's Box. I've been playing FFVII off and on for years fighting scores of Dragon Zombies, trying every trick to get it to cast PB. A week ago I read of a theory that DZ *only* casts it the first time you fight it. Now they tell me. :mad:

Anyways I have a mania for completeness and closure. Nothing bothers me more than loose ends.

ShadyMilkman
04-24-2004, 03:17 AM
I go Quina simply because it makes him his own army basically. He's almost invincible. He heals, he attacks, he causes statues, He heals status, he gives auto-life, he can kill anything in one hit... He's just supreme awesomeness

Linus J
04-24-2004, 09:52 AM
One form of Sephiroth requires more than four players to fight.

If you're talking about Bizarro, then: Nope, you dont have to swap.

Otherwise, if it wasn't too frustrating to collect blue magics for Quina, I'd prefer that. The stuff I need in FFvii was pretty easy to get, so I prefer that one.