PDA

View Full Version : Help me fix this plz

cheshire
04-15-2004, 04:06 AM
ok i posted this awile ago and nuthing worked, but here it go's again, when ever i play the game will just crash some times realy soon some times not for awile, ill be playing and all of a sudden in just shuts down the game will just disapear, and play online wont even be thare it just ends up being my desktop, iv updated alll my drivers tryed every thing with my router, even just pluggin it strait in to the modem, nuthin is workin i ran a test with playonline viewer for bad files and thare were nun i reinstaled windows over my old on so thare were new fresh window files and still nuthin i even uninstaled ff11 and reinstaled that still gives me this problem, some one pleeeeezzzz help!!!!!

Rostum
04-15-2004, 05:35 AM
What are your computer specs?

cheshire
04-15-2004, 06:30 AM
CPU = AMD Athlon XP(TM) Processor
CPU Speed = 1994 MHz
No. of CPUs = 1
OS = Microsoft Windows XP Ver 5.01.2600
Version of DirectX = DirectX 9.0
Main Memory = Capacity: 511MB : Free Space: 356MB
Drive [C:\] = Local Disk Free Space: 19.12 GB (Capacity: 27.94 GB )
Drive [F:\] = Local Disk Free Space: 40.36 GB (Capacity: 74.53 GB )
Graphics Card = RADEON 9600 SERIES
Sound Card = SiS 7012 Wave
Network Card = SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
Motherboard = K7S5A

ok i even just reformated my computer and put a system blower inside my comp to move hair from inside to out, and it still duz it i took a day and a half backing up files and reformateing and it still kicks me from the game, some one help!!!!

Please don't double post. Use the Edit/Delete button below your post if you want to say something else. I fixed this one for you ~ Xander

Rostum
04-19-2004, 08:08 AM
I'd say maybe updating the RAM and getting more... but apart from that I'm not sure, maybe turn down the settings on FFXI? You're computer wouldn't run it at full.

Citizen Bleys
04-19-2004, 01:38 PM
It should; I've got an Athlon XP 2500+ (Which runs slower than that) and a Radeon 9600 XT (which might be exactly the same card), and I run it with everything turned up and still get zero lag.

Memory shouldn't be an issue, since the recommended RAM is 256 MB, which is half of what he's got. More is better, though.

(Oh, and please don't ask me to take out some of my RAM to double-check; I'm running a legit copy of XPee Pro, and taking my RAM out and putting it back in would trip Product Activation)

I think once you get over double the game's requirement, it just doesn't matter anymore.