PDA

View Full Version : Sports Uniforms

Strider
04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Out of the four major American sports (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL), which teams do you think has some of the most stylin' jerseys around?

And for you international folks, how 'bout some jerseys from beyond the U.S.?

m4tt
04-15-2004, 02:51 PM
I happen to like one of the Falcon's (NFL) alternate jersies. I can't really describe it, but it looks neat.

The Chargers (NFL) throwback jersies are super cool. And I do dig the Padres (MLB) new home jersies.

LH
04-15-2004, 06:28 PM
I won't even bother evaluating NBA jersies because they seem to change every game. Throwback needs to be something done maybe once a season in order for it to mean anything.

Let's see. I like the Florida Panthers' jerseys circa 1997, and my favorite is the Yankees'. Tradition = good when it comes to dynasties. You see pinstripes and you know that whoever has it on means business.

Kirobaito
04-15-2004, 10:34 PM
If I didn't already know what I was going to be when I grow up, I would be a uniform designer.

BEST JERSEYS IN SPORTS:
MLB: I'd say the Angels or Padres, but there really aren't a whole lot of great ones.
NHL: Avalanche, probably. I also like the Capitals and Thrashers.
NBA: Local bias talking, of course, but the Mavericks' jerseys are awesome. Second would go to Sacto.
NFL: This automatically goes to the powder-blue Chargers uniforms. Second probably to a team like Houston, when red is the dominant color.

WORST JERSEYS IN SPORTS:
MLB: Oakland Athletics (putrid...ihhhh)
NHL: Call me a disgracer of tradition, but I hate the Red Wings' and Bruins' jerseys.
NBA: Seattle Supersonics. It's just too gangry (yes, I know I made up that word).
NFL: Cardinals. WAY too simple. Close second to the Raiders.

PeTeRL90
04-16-2004, 02:01 AM
Although I'm not a basketball fan, the old school jersey's in the NBA are by far the best.

escobert
04-16-2004, 02:34 AM
Bears.

TheAbominatrix
04-16-2004, 02:47 AM
I like the Braves' (MLB) uniforms, though I'm pretty biased towards thinking that. I like baseball uniforms on the whole, particularily when players wear their socks over their pants.

Agent Proto
04-16-2004, 03:41 AM
I think hockey has the best uniforms out of all the sports. Colorado Avalanche has a cool jersey, and so do Anaheim Mighty Ducks.

Kirobaito
04-16-2004, 03:47 AM
...and so do Anaheim Mighty Ducks.

You have got to be kidding me.

muchacho
04-16-2004, 03:49 AM
the eagles black jersey is really cool.
so is the chargers old jersey

Del Murder
04-17-2004, 02:55 AM
All about the black and silver, but the Chargers have good uniforms too.

darkchrono
04-17-2004, 09:58 PM
lol, it's the silver and black. Not the black and silver Del.

If the silver and black of the Raiders is what you are talking about.

Del Murder
04-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Sure.

Mikztsu
04-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Of NHL, I just love how some teams keeps their old logos. Just look at Blackhawks, Bruins, Canadiens, 'Wings, Rangers...and teams who realized that going to modern and ugly logo was a mistake and bringing the good old logo back, like Penguins and Islanders did.

But of course I just love San José Sharks uniform. :)

Dingo Jellybean
04-18-2004, 01:50 AM
I like my Rugby jersey, the Canterbury Bulldogs or something, it's from Australia. It's supported mainly by Mitsubishi.

I like how advertising can enhance a jersey.