PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Immature Little Girl?

ChibiInuYasha
04-16-2004, 03:02 AM
You know, the Rikku/Eiko/Selphie/Yuffie/Relm character? Right here of course! Meet Pannero!

DocFrance
04-16-2004, 03:09 AM
Looks valid. I believe it.

Jalbrean
04-16-2004, 06:22 AM
April 15, 2004 - In the latest issue of Jump! Magazine, the next character in the upcoming Final Fantasy XII RPG was officially unveiled. Known as Pannero, the blonde 16-year old female is described as a "high-energy" teenager who loves to sing and dance and is a close personal friend of the main character Vaan. Unfortunately nothing else about the young girl was revealed, but it was speculated by Jump that her singing and dancing abilities may be incorporated into the gameplay somehow.

We'll be back with more on Final Fantasy XII, Pannero, her picture, and the inevitable stream of jailbait e-mails as soon as they become available.

Close personal friend. Hm might have some romance after all.

Cloudane
04-16-2004, 09:39 PM
She seems to have "Rikku" written all over her...

Well I guess there are only so many character styles you can have.

Shayo
04-16-2004, 10:23 PM
but shes not on the official website? will she be one of those characters who fight in one fight, then turn to stone?

Skogs
04-17-2004, 12:56 AM
Can anyone say Songstress/Bard?

Maxico
04-20-2004, 04:42 PM
I cant wait to see what that pale faced pirate man is going to be like :P

Imperia
04-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Hopefully she won't be like Selphie. I'd be nice to see her be like Rydia, or Relm.

Breine
04-20-2004, 06:31 PM
She looks cute and promising although she reminds me a bit of Rikku. It must be the blonde hair?

Del Murder
04-21-2004, 02:38 AM
Hopefully she'll be more Relm and Eiko than Rikku and Selphie. Though Selphie's limit rocked.

Loony BoB
04-21-2004, 05:47 PM
No matter how many times I look at that picture, I find that costume to be so, so very wrong. It just shouldn't exist. I mean, it's like... no! Bad. Baaaaaad. I would rather the skimpy bikinis that everyone apparently hates or even a girl in skiwear, or whatever. Maybe a sheet. Maybe have this girl who dresses in a sheet. Right over her head! Even a deflated outdoor blow-up baby bath. Wear that! But don't wear this thing! It's like a freak waterproof apron made from the leftover material they use for those raincoats half the kids had when they were eight years old.

Oh, the character. Uh, I dunno. I'm way too bothered by the costume.

Bahamut2000X
04-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Seh seems alright as a charcter. But being a bard, woot go bards! It'll be nice to have a pure bard charcter again finally since FFIV.

crono_logical
04-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Is it intentional that that apron thing can be worn either over the front (as she's doing in the standing pose) or over her back (as in her sitting pose in that picture)? :p

Cloudane
04-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Said to be Vaan's "significant other"

Giving that the game isn't supposed to have love in it, but is about war, I wonder if she's "condemned"...

DocFrance
04-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Seh seems alright as a charcter. But being a bard, woot go bards! It'll be nice to have a pure bard charcter again finally since FFIV.
YOU SPOONY BARD!!!

Vaan
05-09-2004, 03:47 AM
Her name will officially probably be Pannelo not Pannero.

She could possibly be Vaan's sister. They look alike.

Whatever the case, I must admit she's pretty adorable.

prince leon
05-10-2004, 12:07 AM
To be honest Pannelo doesn't seem to be the immature/cheery type. At least that's what I see from the screens they've shown so far.

I could be wrong but it would be interesting to see how Square Enix would place a immature/cheery character in FFXII's dark world.

escobert
05-10-2004, 12:37 AM
The more I see about this game the more I don't want to play it... DAMN YOU SQUARE!

Vaan
05-10-2004, 01:12 AM
I'm not really excited with this game either. I hate how it's connected to FFTA. I don't want to play FFTA, but now I have to because some Squenix dude said it makes you enjoy FFXII more. Damn them.

Where the heck is our totally original FF we've been waiting forever for?
First FFX-2 and now this?

I'm personally way more excited about MGS3, KH2, and the next Zelda game...or maybe not (damn you, Wind Waker!).

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-10-2004, 01:33 AM
You can still enjoy chocobos and môguri even if you haven't played the games in which they first appeared. It's the same principle here; FFXII is as original as any of the other games after FFI.

Vaan
05-10-2004, 07:17 AM
Yeah whatever.
The thing is, I love :choc:'s and :moggie:'s so there is actually a huge difference. I just want to play a new FF that's not directly linked to another one. Is that so wrong? Answer me! j/k

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Please lets not judge characters on thier looks ..... it happens in the "real world" enough...first look at pannelo and already shes branded...who knows she might be ur all time fav character..?

Vaan
05-10-2004, 12:36 PM
I didn't judge her, I just judged the game she'll be in.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-10-2004, 04:45 PM
I just want to play a new FF that's not directly linked to another one.Vagrant Story takes place in the same world as FFT, but it's certainly not directly connected. I don't see the need for concern here.

Shayo
05-11-2004, 12:37 AM
how do we know that this game will have to do with FFTA? so they used the same world, and some of the same characters, but that doesnt meen it has to do with FFTA, i meen, most other FF's all take place in the same world (usually terra) and they have the same ppl(like cids and wedges and biggs) but they have nothing to do with each other right? so, this game will have nothing to do with FFTA other then the fact that its in the same place, and uses some of the same ppl.

and the pannero/pannelo girl i think looks similar to vaan, i think she might be a relative of his

Vaan
05-11-2004, 04:02 AM
Actually most of the FF worlds are unnamed. I only know know of FFIX having a world named Terra (and it's not the one you play on for most of the game.

I just want something new. Totally fresh. Ivalice is over-used. That world should just stay in the Tactics line of FF games. It's just, I was so excited before I knew anything about FFXII. Next thing you know, were in Ivalice (again), we got bangaas, vieras... it's insane. It dissapointed me almost as much as FFX-2 when it was announced. FFX ended beatifully. I didn't want a sequel that would tarnish that.

Now, I'm not totally against this game though. The Terror Knights are really cool, and the plot seems really cool, from what I know. Also, Ashe wields a sword...look out Tina!

But other than that, are you really happy that the only FF's we've been getting lately are either spin-offs or sequels?

I hope to God FFXIII will change all of this monotony.

One sequel/spinoff I am not opposed to though is FFVII:AC. This movie (or visual representation, I believe they call it) will definitely redeem them from the bane that was Spirits Within. If only it would be in theaters. As long as Aerith does not get resurrected I will be happy, because I don't think that certain scene will have quite the same impact if it turns out she does come back. My eyes still water to this day on that scene.

In regards to FFXII being too much of the same, I hope you can see my point, and respect my opinion.

Edit by Kishi: Mark your spoilers.

Lamia
05-14-2004, 03:16 PM
I think FFXII looks extremely promising.

aeris2001x2
05-15-2004, 04:30 PM
when did this topic go off topic? can we get back to how amazing cute and desirable she is? lol :D

TasteyPies
05-15-2004, 04:52 PM
I could be wrong but it would be interesting to see how Square Enix would place a immature/cheery character in FFXII's dark world.

Probably the same way they put an immature/cheery charicter in a mercinary acadamy.

As for my opinion, eh looks like comic relief thats needed in a long rpg. Pretty cute too.

escobert
05-21-2004, 02:03 AM
Please lets not judge characters on thier looks ..... it happens in the "real world" enough...first look at pannelo and already shes branded...who knows she might be ur all time fav character..?

It's not the characters it's the game itself. I didn't like 8-10 because they were to futureistic. I like the older ones with swords and such. I know 9 was more like the old ones but I think they tried too hard to bring the magic back the old FFs had.

aeris2001x2
05-21-2004, 10:54 AM
Vagrant Story takes place in the same world as FFT, but it's certainly not directly connected. I don't see the need for concern here.

please dont say that!!! :( vagrant story was one of the worst games ever and it being connected to ff12 sends shivers down my spine.

Dark Queen Kyra
05-23-2004, 07:34 PM

Personaly I LOVED vagrant story... :D

-n e way-

Pannelo looks like a promising character w/ some hidden twists... ;)

EDIT: Please do not double post, expecially when your posts consisted of an elipse and then a quote of yourself. -Murder

escobert
05-27-2004, 12:15 PM
please dont say that!!! :( vagrant story was one of the worst games ever and it being connected to ff12 sends shivers down my spine.
Vagrant story was REALLY good. I enjoyed ever minute of it.

Dark Queen Kyra
05-30-2004, 05:10 AM
Whoo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
I knew there had to be someone else out there who liked it too!!!...

aeris2001x2
05-31-2004, 08:01 PM
Vagrant story was REALLY good. I enjoyed ever minute of it.

oh the story was marveolous, but combat was as dire as combat could ever get.

escobert
06-01-2004, 01:57 AM
I didn't mind the combat since it wasn't supposed to be like a FF in that sense. It was the first time you had a combat system liek that in a fantasy game that I can remember.

aeris2001x2
06-01-2004, 11:09 PM
its just the dungeons were all samey and uninspired and i got sick of having to chain bossess. it was a far better game when u used a cheat card 4 max stats cause then u could get to the story without the pain.

Dark Queen Kyra
06-03-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by aeris2001x2:
please dont say that!!! vagrant story was one of the worst games ever and it being connected to ff12 sends shivers down my spine.

I thought you ment the storyline too... but i must admit, the chain bossess were a pain in the a**.