PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Keycounters....measures spammers yay

Peegee
04-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Okay the title of this thread made no sense. I need to sleep asap anyway.

http://keycount.piqsoftware.com/ <= yay PG can spam cuz he's a vet...plus this isn't his page

Download a tiny program which measures your keystrokes, mouse clicks, and wheel scrolls. You can make an EoFF team and compete against other teams or something. I've been a member for a while now, and I have about 1.3 million keystrokes (took me about six/seven weeks). It's silly, pointless, and therefore fun. Try it!

No really, I think it's neat. It's not as useful as Folding@Home but it's almost as fun. And once you get competitive it gets scary.

PS: if you actually do this, don't cheat. They will shut your account down or reset your stats :p

Flying Mullet
04-16-2004, 02:43 PM
And I take it that you are sending your keystrokes to someone somwhere else, so that they can mine your user id's, passwords, commonly accessed websites and anything else they want (like that email you typed or that paper that you wrote) from your typing habits?

m4tt
04-16-2004, 02:51 PM
And I take it that you are sending your keystrokes to someone somwhere else, so that they can mine your user id's, passwords, commonly accessed websites and anything else they want (like that email you typed or that paper that you wrote) from your typing habits?

ho ho ho

He's got a point there.

Peegee
04-16-2004, 03:12 PM
I'm sure if they do, the hoards of people who also run the client would have realised it by looking at the source code, and they would get into big trouble.

As far as I can tell it just sends three variables to the server. Why must you be so paranoid.

BTW MY PASSWORD IS LUPDAR

Flying Mullet
04-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Why must you be so paranoid.
Because this is the internet.

Shoeberto
04-16-2004, 05:19 PM
BTW MY PASSWORD IS LUPDAR
...no it isn't.

Baloki
04-16-2004, 05:20 PM
...no it isn't.

I take it you tried it then?

Psychotic
04-16-2004, 06:39 PM
We all know the greatest EoFF Spam team is the Trio of Insanity. *nods*

Strider
04-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Naaaaaah.

And more on-topic, only some pointless things are worth my while. This is not one of them.

Casey
04-17-2004, 01:03 AM

Yeah, someone probably get my social security or my credit card. Im not going to do that. :D

Meat Puppet
04-17-2004, 01:15 AM
There used to be something else like that, but it got shut down. I always wondered why Norton would keep saying SCANNING OUTGOING EMAIL when I wasn't even sending one. Weird.

I'll give this one a try anyway since I'm awesome, but I'll do it on my old PC just in case ;)