PDA

View Full Version : Yunas new look

Buffy
04-16-2004, 04:40 PM
What you think when ya frist saw it...I thought..."SLUT!!!!!!!Dress like a high summoner not a whore/slut/Some chick on the corner of the street.."

K-chan
04-16-2004, 05:16 PM
My first thought was "Is that REALLY Yuna?"

SeeDRankLou
04-16-2004, 05:28 PM
I love her new look, I think it's awesome. She's keeping in the style of the shorts that Tidus and Jeckt wear (one leg longer than the other), which is think is sentimental of Tidus. And there are far more slutty looking girls in the game, I'd say Yuna looks far from slutty.

Buffy
04-16-2004, 05:32 PM
You havnt seen what i have
This how i feel about yuna in X-2
http://fanart.ctgameinfo.com/pictures.php?pid=40337

Xander
04-16-2004, 07:24 PM
There's been a million threads discussing this before and I can't be bothered repeating everything. This 4 page thread gives a whole bunch of reasons why Yuna obviously isn't a slut, which if you knew anything about X-2 you'd know she isn't. Read TheAbominatrix's posts in particular, everything she said was spot on. *nod*

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=39042&highlight=square

Oh and to answer the question when I first saw it I thought, cool outfit, suits her and looks good. Yeah.

Kupo
04-16-2004, 10:21 PM
You havnt seen what i have
This how i feel about yuna in X-2

Well.... ya. It's fan-art... it's not from the game itself. And, not to mention, a total mispresentation of the game by people who took a look at the box art and decided that it wasnt worth their time to play and discover the storyline behind everything, and instead just mock the clothing.

This thread has been done 5 million times.

After a few minutes on my first playthrough, I got over the "OMG LOOK I CAN SEE YUNA'S THIGH OMG WHAT A SLUT" phase and really started to enjoy the game. Now I don't even notice what they are wearing, it's the gameplay that counts anyway.

Imperia
04-19-2004, 05:42 PM
I think those fan art clips are really ridiculous. Great art, but ridiculous way of thought. This is the exact same kind of bashing that Tifa of FFVII gets. They call Tifa a slut and a whore just because she wears a stupid miniskirt, and now they're hating Yuna (and I'm sure Rikku as well), for wearing hot pants-they're just blaming it all on their clothing! It's completely ludicrous. Especially with the anti-Tifa. When I first saw Yuna's new look, I was shocked, but I didn't say, "SLUT," because I knew she was no such thing. She's still very innocent and sweet. She, Rikku, and Tifa ARE NOT WHORES. :rolleyes2

zacks_clone
04-19-2004, 05:54 PM
"My gosh, Rikku needs more clothes...there goes sweet,innocent Rikku into...:: shivers ::"

But,i bought it anyways. I was happy i didnt let the the clothing affect if i bought it or not. I like the game. After playing it, I relized that their personalitys had changed for the better,and their clothes had nothing to say about their personalitys.

TheLadySummoner_Yuna
04-25-2004, 11:30 PM
I just thought "wow" what got into Nomura's mind? But Yuna's outfit isn't so bad now.. I got use to it really fast. But not with Rikku :D

FinalFantasyGirl2008
04-26-2004, 05:38 AM
Well her outfit wasnt to bad... i thought rikku's was bad. Its kinda like Yuna went from a quiet,shy,good girl - to rikku's personality... i like somethings about the old Yuna better then the new one.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-26-2004, 07:55 AM
My first thought was "I thought this was Final Fantasy, not Tomb Raider."

TheAbominatrix
04-26-2004, 08:03 AM
What you think when ya frist saw it...I thought..."SLUT!!!!!!!Dress like a high summoner not a whore/slut/Some chick on the corner of the street.."

I love the way people judge based on the way other people dress. Good job. Yuna's still the same person (though more outgoing, now that she isnt marching off to her death) but now she's a filthy whore because of an outfit change. Ah, what a beautiful society we live in. :rolleyes2

Anyway, I like Yuna's outfit fine. And Rikku's, for that matter. But of course, what's more important is the character, though it seems everyone loves to forget that.

By the way, she isnt a high summoner anymore, and in case you didnt notice, some of the other summoners in X (I cant remember the girl's name) dressed pretty scantily themselves.

And, lastly, hookers don't dress very whoreishly. Usually just a t-shirt and jeans, to avoid attention from police.

Gothic::Angel
04-26-2004, 07:47 PM
when I first saw how they had redesigned her I was really disgusted. I thought they were trying to make her into this stupid Laura Croft look-alike. For about three months I refused to even play the game because of Yuna's new look but my friend kept bugging me to try it and after a while I warmed up to the idea. I even have the offical artbook and a couple of character keychains. :p But Once I got past the "OMG!! SLUT!" reaction I had at the beginning...I actually looked at the story-line, found I like the game and have played it.

But all of you who don't like her new look (ok...maybe some not all) are judging by her clothing...you guys have to remember that one: It was Rikku's idea to dress her in that. (Someone needs to write a fanfiction about that...hmm...maybe i'll do a one-shot....) and Two: Yuna didn't choose her outfit...Tetsuya Nomura did. He drew her like that...blame him. (But then again we have the producers to told him to draw her like that...so I guess you can't really blame him...I think...) Also..the whole one leg longer than the other thing (Clothing,,not actual legs) All that is is just a half-skirt. It's not even a complete pant leg. it does look pretty cool tho I guess. And the way her outfit was drawn it does seem to incorperate Tidus and Jeckt (Mainly Jeckt...)

urg....I rammbled...

Snowman
04-27-2004, 06:38 PM
really..some of you need to chill and grow up...it's just a computer game.

sure the designs for FFX2 are revealing, but the entire game is alot more girly.
when i first saw her i thought, good god those guns are terrible, then i noticed the terrible combination of a small top with hotpants. it's just a bad design, but i feel Rikku's suits her evolution as a character in a very sunny beach world.

it's not that important

haravikk
04-27-2004, 07:57 PM
in case you didnt notice, some of the other summoners in X (I cant remember the girl's name) dressed pretty scantily themselves.

You just need to go into Dona's house when she's looking away from you and you can get that right away.

I agree though that this is silly, Yuna's outfit is much better and way more befitting of a woman who is searching - and often fighting - to get clues to where Tidus could have gone, you just try firing a pair of guns effectively in that summoner's dress :p
And besides, I use her as a white mage a lot anyway so there's not exactly a huge problem heh.

TheAbominatrix
04-27-2004, 11:03 PM
And besides, I use her as a white mage a lot anyway so there's not exactly a huge problem heh.

Which brings up another point. If her clothing is so so terrible and wrong... use a dress sphere that isnt! Good point, haravikk! :D

Snowman
04-28-2004, 04:04 PM
i leave yuna in her white mage too..i actually find Rikkus dark mage outfit teh sexyest lol

Draupnir2005
05-02-2004, 12:41 AM
Has anyone here read Queen of Wands? I agree with Kestrel when she says that they turned Yuna into a slut, and how wrong it is because she is innocent! Lulu is the slut! SHE IS CARRYING WAKKAS BABY (eeeewwww...although I think it's actually a hypellos!) And that was my random statment...

TheAbominatrix
05-02-2004, 09:12 AM
Yeah, people that have kids are total skanks.

Snowman
05-02-2004, 09:54 AM
to be a slut you have to be doing slutty things and thinking slutty. buffy was slutty because she relied on jumping into bed with someone, anyone and then used them. Neither Lulu nor Yuna were sexually active that way nor throwing themselves at anyone. how you dress does not define your sluttyness. if you think that youve got a problem :rolleyes2

Silmaril
05-21-2004, 02:34 PM
I bet Nomura was bored like HELL which induced him to draw her like that.

this is a popular lament though, about yuna & Co. being to slutty.

Snowman
05-21-2004, 04:17 PM
it's unfounded, theres actually nothing slutty about yuna and co, they dont act it and they dont dress it. does this mean that all women who where swimming costumres or bikini's are sluts and deserve bad attention.....what about women who buy and wear sexy underwear..no they arent sluts and FFX2 is just a fantasy game...people need to get a life

Jenn
05-24-2004, 11:44 PM
I'll tell you who the slut is.... Leblanc.... I was like "LADY PUT ON SOME CLOTHES." lol.... Yuna has a lot on compared to her.

The Man
05-25-2004, 01:06 AM
I was too busy containing my drool the first time I saw her outfit. Leblanc is smoking hot.

I think the whole "slut" thing is just ridiculous though. Unless she actually has sexual intercourse with large numbers of men, Yuna's not a slut. And she doesn't have sexual intercourse with large numbers of men.

TheAbominatrix
05-25-2004, 07:00 AM
No one 'turned this thread into an attempt to define what a slut is'. The very first post is complaining about the slutty thing.

m4tt
05-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Who are you to say what the topic is?

Buffy titled the topic "Yunas new look" but went on to say that she was a slut. TheAbominatrix and Snowman were only giving examples of what a slut is.

So keep your Flames off and calm yourself down.

The Man
05-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Since the first post makes the unfounded assertion that Yuna is a slut, it's only natural that someone would rebuke it by defining what makes someone a slut and then explaining how Yuna is not one. You, sir, are making a fool of yourself on an Internet message board, and I don't think there is anything much more embarrassing.

Snowman
05-25-2004, 05:01 PM
well....leblanc could be seen as slutty.....but she stuck with her man and didnt cop off with anyone else. she was sexual, playful, even a bit of a dominatrixx, but that isnt slutty, thats just sexual preferance.

Anaralia
05-28-2004, 07:58 AM
I thought their outfits were really cool. I wouldn't dress like that, but since it's a game, I forgot about what they were wearing after after a couple of hours. I did notice how they looked whenever they changed clothes, though, and it was a bit distracting.

HOWEVER, I felt that Yuna's sexuality was forced into the game in other ways, as well. That cut scene where they're in the hot springs and Rikku is teasing the others about how big their boobs are is just... disconcerting. What is up with that? And that side quest where Yuna has to massage LeBlanc while she moans and groans and gasps and sighs is beyond bizarre. I cringed my way through that one. It was horribly embarrassing. I had to mute it halfway through. :mad2:

Edited for clarity.

TasteyPies
05-28-2004, 02:34 PM
I wouldnt say she was a slut as much an attention whore. wait no yuna is shy right? she doesnt dress like it! She dresses like she wants guys to oggle her. This game was a lame attempt go get guys sex drives going "OMG YUNA AND PAINE AND RIKKU ARE SO SEXY I HAVE TO BUY THREE COPIES!" no...just no square......you are dissipointing me.

Snowman
05-28-2004, 04:51 PM
thats just you pies.....i dont know anyone who wanted to buy three copys.

it was definitly a more female orientated game to attract more women into playing FF, hence conflicts were resolved by concerts rather than battles and teh overwhelming theame was true love and it's endurance.
Yuna was nothing more than a submissive gaysha in FFX, but by X2 she had grown. no longer able to hide under Yevons strict rule she was discovering herself, her world and yes her sexuality. it was clear cut that rikku was Bi, i thought that was obvious, but so what. of course teh massarge and the hot springs were titallating, let most men write a story about three competant females and they will reduce to simple titillation, thats most men for ya, it's certainly not the characters fault. in fact i was more uncomfortable with gaysha yuna than gunner yuna.

TasteyPies
05-28-2004, 05:53 PM
Think this is square, they like money. whats the easiest way to make money? ad some sexual elements the the game! sure i will go along with the whole she discovering herself thing, but you cant ignore the fact that that was just an excuse to put 3 girls in skimpy clothing. All square was thinking was $$CHA-CHING$$ "Hey ffx made so much money......so lets make another one with yuna riku and some goth chick! It isnt that Yuna is a slut, its that square has sunk from noble warriors to 3 girls in skimpy clothes bouncing around the screen.

And for the record I DONT have 3 copies and only played the game once, with HIGH EXPECTATIONS i might add....FFX wasn't my favorite but was woth playing 1,2 or 3 times. i thought FFX-2 would be the same but i only beat it once because thats all its worth to me.

TheAbominatrix
05-28-2004, 09:27 PM
It really just depends on your mindset. If you think pixelated skin sells, well that's your deal. The reason I wanted to buy it was it was Final Fantasy. And I loved X, so I wanted a sequel.

Sunk? Um... well you should probably look at the other games. Most of the time, the girls never wore much. IV, Rydia pretty much wore a bathing suit. V, same with Lenna/Reina/whatever you wanna call her. VI, Terra and Celes both wore bathing suits. Now it isnt a big deal because it's pixels, sprites, but the designs were still there. VII, Tifa showed her stomach and legs and big boobs. VIII, Selphie's dress was one inch away from her panties. IX... didnt really do much. X, Rikku's clothes.

Why is Paine considered scantily clad? Because she shows her stomach? Paine's outfit was cool. Rikku basically wore what she wore in X, though less on the stomach. She's an Al Bhed, she lives in the desert. Yuna lives in a tropical zone, and the only 'slutty' thing were the shorts. Oh God no! Not that!

And do you think Square made every other game just for the love of creating games? They were thinking money. They're a COMPANY. They're always thinking money.

Of course, FF7-AC is just a labor of love, not cashing in on the rabid FFVII fans, right?

This is Final Fantasy we're talking about. People buy FF because it's FF. They dont need to make their characters have less clothes. Why would people who want that buy an FF, instead of something like Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball, which is for the specific purpose of pixelated boobies?

Snowman
05-29-2004, 07:58 PM
the costume designs had nothing to do with Yuna's evolution, sure you can see her panties in the songstress, but then you carnt see anything in the darknight, you gotta look at those seperate. those who like ff will buy it anyway regardless, sure it brings in the no brainers who play footbal games lol, but they would return it if it wasnt their thing anyway.

i wouldnt say they sunk....they just tried something new that the japanese arent very good at pulling off.

pane effectivly was naked beneath a shawl lol

Michiru
05-30-2004, 02:57 AM
I really don't care what the characers were in the game. Most people act like they never seen a little skin. Oh god, heaven forbid this, as it is a sin! Anyways, those who complain that they ''show to much skin!' don't seem to understand that the area they live in is like a big Hawaii. As for colder regions, well, this is a ''fantasy'' game, things that are impossible in are eyes, can be true in these games.

Snowman
05-30-2004, 09:47 AM
i agree, FFX2 is tropical, it's a giant beach almost. the deseart is a sepert island, but it was made clear rikkus a water rat. and this is fantasy.....can anyone tell me they would walk acorss a continent in a long skirt made of leather belts like Lulu did

Starcrest
06-03-2004, 02:28 AM
There is nothing wrong with Yuna's new look. Yes, it is a little revealing, but, nothing wrong with that. i c it almost every day in skool, or around, and you don't complain about them do yea'? Didn't think so.

Snowman
06-03-2004, 02:55 PM
i do..im sick of them..there ALL PERVERTS lol

Rinoabella
06-04-2004, 11:06 AM
I happen to like Yuna's FFX-2 dress way more than hers in FFX. Come on, at least she can run without treading on her skirt! How's she supposed to do all those flips in the air in it too.

Snowman
06-04-2004, 01:02 PM
i think all the hatred stems from jealousy or lust....some people like oppressed women, others like other women to be oppressed to make them happy

chichi
06-09-2004, 09:47 AM
I wear short skirts all the time (admittedly not as short as Yunas) and the last time I checked I wasn't a slut. Yuna's clothing is fine and and it does not make her a slut, though so what if she is? She is 19 and I assume a virgin- perhaps she wants to experiment a little. She is also thin and pretty and there is nothing wrong with wanting to attract the opposite sex. What i'm trying to say is that there is nothing wrong with Yuna, she's just a normal teenage girl (and a character in a video game!!!).

Snowman
06-09-2004, 12:59 PM
i thought yuna lost her virginity to tidus in the lake of the forest during that musical scene in FFX

chichi
06-09-2004, 02:41 PM
I thought it was just a kiss?

TheAbominatrix
06-09-2004, 09:55 PM
It's a matter of interpretation. Physically, it was just a kiss, but one can assume it was something more. I honestly think it was just a kiss, though.

Meatwad
06-10-2004, 02:03 AM
i think she is alot sexier than FFX :love: :love: :love:

Starcrest
06-10-2004, 02:38 AM
I also think it was just a kiss...but like the Abominatrix said, it's a matter of interpitation, like in FFVII were near the end as Cloud and Tifa exit the Highwind, did they kiss, Tifa lean her head on his shoulders, or did they...ya know? It matters on how your mind thinks

Snowman
06-10-2004, 01:54 PM
well they kissed, the musci faded out and the image did as well. after that yuna acted differntly, im sure i remeber some passed comments between rikku and yuna, i just supposed shed lost her flower to the man she loved

square_is_the_best
06-25-2004, 12:25 AM
I can't believe people misjudged Yuna from their first impression. They slander her so much and she didn't even do anything wrong and it makes me so mad and so sad..and..and.*sob*..and.. :whimper: :whimper: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Well.... ya. It's fan-art... it's not from the game itself.

Kupo cheered me up. FAN art. :laughing: Thats good.

And one of you said that X-2 was made to cash in on horny guys. If you were turned on by any of these charecters, you are a pervert. I don't care if you are a boy or girl, gay straight, you are a pervert. Its ok if you think they're hot but if you are sexually aroused by them you are perverse.

My first reactons during the opening CG:
One part of me was "OMG! Yuna is NOT taking her clothes off!"
Another part "I hope my parents don't walk in on this"
Yet another "Is it just me or does Yuna look a lot more beautiful than in the last game?"

Starcrest
06-25-2004, 04:09 AM
if she lost her flower to the man she loved if in fact the man she loved was Tidus...then y'd she marry Semore?

...didn't she marry him?

TheAbominatrix
06-25-2004, 06:48 AM
She was forced to marry Seymour, in case you didnt notice. The only time she considered doing it was before she kissed Tidus. The marriage ceremony was forced, and I doubt it's even legally binding and all.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-25-2004, 09:15 AM
Not to mention the fact that Seymour was already dead.

After the intial tomb-raider comparison though, I really don't mind any of their outfits. It's not like I've seen worse, and it doesn't really offend me any. I wouldn't presume to judge a game by its character designs, and it isn't like the designs are BAD. It's a pretty good game, so I play it, just preferably when my parents aren't around as I don't want to put up with my father's snide remarks.

Snowman
06-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Im 22, i got turned on by rikku and i am a pervert, glad that clears that up :D

seymour tried to force yuna to marry him...however they never finished it and why the heck was she the classic weak female back then.....i hope today she would put those pistols to his grion and wink

my parents were in the room when i began playing......my face was more shocked than theres

TheAbominatrix
06-25-2004, 10:30 PM
She seemed pretty strong to me. She risked herself so she could send Seymour and stop all that nonsense. And I think it may have been finished, didnt he kiss her? That's usually the symbolic finale of a wedding ceremony.

Starcrest
06-26-2004, 03:45 AM
in case u haven't noticed, i only heard my sister say she married him...I'm not that far, but my sis tells me cause i dont care really

Snowman
06-26-2004, 01:21 PM
he copped a snog...doesnt mean it was part of the marrige, isnt it custom for a evil villian to cop a snog lol

TheAbominatrix
06-26-2004, 09:39 PM
It was in the middle of the marriage ceremony, and hence it probably signified the end of the ceremony, the 'you may now kiss the bride' part.

square_is_the_best
06-27-2004, 12:58 AM
SPOILER

Till death do they part. Seymour is already dead. And if that ain't enough for you, she sends him.

Beatrix Leonhart
06-27-2004, 01:13 AM
I think it's good for her too change. It's like she's a different, not quiet but outgoing. :spin: