PDA

View Full Version : "I'm leaving the internet forever, permanently, I promise...

Lindy
04-16-2004, 09:52 PM
...but I won't if you all tell me how much you love me so much to feed my huge ego."

So the question is, how do you feel about egos?

Which is worse a big ego or a small ego?
Do you view yourself as having a big or small ego?
Which do you find more attractive in people?
Do you have friends who have especially big or small egos, and how do you live with them? Is it hard?

Personally, I really dislike people with big egos, and especially when they try and feed their egos, with things like "I'm leaving forever, but I'll stay if you say how much you all love me", very annoying. Or when they state how great, awesome, fantastic or ace they are, when they really really really aren't.

People with small egos are not as bad, but still annoying, with their self-pitying nature can often get rather...grating. Oh well.

So yes, your opinions.

Doomgaze
04-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Which one is Cheffie, again?

Heath
04-16-2004, 09:56 PM
I love you, Lindsey, never, ever leave.

Egos annoy me, because it's often arrogant people that have them and arrogant people annoy me to no end.

<b>Which is worse a big ego or a small ego?</b>
A big ego, even though I have a small one, which has people constantly telling me to have more self-worth.
<b>Do you view yourself as having a big or small ego?</b>
See above.
<b>Which do you find more attractive in people? </b>
I have no idea, big egos irritate me, so smaller.
<b>Do you have friends who have especially big or small egos, and how do you live with them? Is it hard? </b>
Depends, I live with them otherwise they wouldn't be my friends, as simple as that. It can get irritating at times, yes.

Lindy
04-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Which one is Cheffie, again?

Probably both, whatever would get him more sympathy, though really I don't know, don't care, still hate him.

Glad he left forever.

Roogle
04-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Which "leaving forever" are you glad about? The original or the fourth? Oh my gosh, there's so many to choose from!

EDIT: Oh, be nice! Can't forget that. :D

Peegee
04-16-2004, 10:15 PM
People who needs to have their egos stroked scare me. I don't know how big my ego is. I think it's just pretty normal. I'm not all overcome with the need to feed it or to justify it, so I think that's okay.

Lindy
04-16-2004, 10:23 PM
People who needs to have their egos stroked scare me. I don't know how big my ego is. I think it's just pretty normal. I'm not all overcome with the need to feed it or to justify it, so I think that's okay.

There's a big different betwee ego stroking and just saying nice things about people who deserve it.

I think, if was honest, I'd say that you're the kind of person who deserves to have at least a few nice things said about him.

Hey, I'll say it, you're a decent guy, and you definitely don't have a big ego.

People who have big egos know they have big egos and thrive on that fact, people with small egos don't realise it, they think their view of themselves is "realistic", and they refuse to accept at all that they may be a good person, or fun or anything like that, which is almost as annoying as someone who's ego needs to be stroked, maybe more so since at least the stuff you're saying to an egotist gets through to them, but someone with such a small sense of self will just think you're lying all the time.

It's sad, and so often very annoying.

EDIT : Roog, I stopped paying attention after the second, it was just boring by then.

Peegee
04-16-2004, 10:26 PM
Well, in that case, that doesn't have anything to do with ego (I hope). I say nice things to people who deserve it (see the I love you post), not to feed their egos. In fact, having a big ego often serves to make me less willing to say nice things, so it's sort of unwise to have a big ego around me.

Dr Unne
04-16-2004, 10:46 PM
<i>Probably both, whatever would get him more sympathy, though really I don't know, don't care, still hate him.

Glad he left forever.</i> --Lindz

No flaming other members or past-members, consider this your warning. You're starting to annoy me.