PDA

View Full Version : "Banon Fell" ARRRG!

DMKA
04-17-2004, 02:00 AM
Ok, I am playing the FF Anthology version for the first time (I beat it on emulator a while back), and Ultros(the octopus), after so long keeps saying "you...frighten me" or something close to that and then tentacle BAM to Banon...Banon dies, I get game over...how the hell do you keep Banon from dying?

DocFrance
04-17-2004, 02:20 AM
Put him in the back row and have him use 'Health' every round.

DMKA
04-17-2004, 02:22 AM
Holy crap I forgot all about the back row. :p

TheAbominatrix
04-17-2004, 02:32 AM
Yes, make sure Banon is always in the back row. Have him use health every round, like Doc said, no matter what's happening. When he gets hit, have the next person use a potion (or cure if it's Terra's turn) on him immediatly.

The Man
04-17-2004, 02:39 AM
I think this happens to everyone the first time they play FF6. I kept losing Terra though, not Banon.

Takara
04-17-2004, 03:48 AM
I always put Terra AND Banon in the back row. I keep losing Terra too, otherwise. Edgar and Sabin can smack Ultros to their heart's content in the front row while Banon uses health every round and Terra casts Fire or Cure when needed.

Takes more time, but you get to torture the octopus longer. :tongue:

The Man
04-17-2004, 07:25 AM
technically, none of them need to be in the front row at all. I always had Edgar use Tools, Sabin use Blitz, Terra use Magic, and Banon use Health. At least in that battle.

Rostum
04-17-2004, 09:38 AM
Yeah I used to have the trouble all the time against Ultros... it was so long ago and I can't remember how I beat him... but I'm pretty sure I didn't put anyone in the back row.

aeris2001x2
04-17-2004, 11:31 AM
I think this happens to everyone the first time they play FF6. I kept losing Terra though, not Banon.

nope not me! not because i,m good, cause i read the bestiary before play and found out 2 put everyone back row. muwha ha ha lol.

ha, at least u dont have a glitch in your copy like my friends, were blitz WONT WORK and then he fights vargas...u get the picture...

DMKA
04-17-2004, 01:10 PM
ha, at least u dont have a glitch in your copy like my friends, were blitz WONT WORK and then he fights vargas...u get the picture...
OMG my foster sister had an SNES and a copy that had that SAME glitch! I thought she had the only one...

Yet somehow her brother knows how to get past him without Blitz. O_o

aeris2001x2
04-17-2004, 01:15 PM
what? he must be hyper powerful AND fast to do it since u have a doom and your normal attacks normally do like 5 or sumthin silly.

this is the psx version 4 my friend. u think they would ensure that glitch never occurs. wow, the unfornate bretheren of the blitz glitch have found each other lol.

DMKA
04-17-2004, 01:23 PM
A glitch...on a CD version? Wow...talk about unlucky.

aeris2001x2
04-17-2004, 01:44 PM
lol, i think he may have "damaged" it "slightly" but i dont care, it aint my copy ha ha ha, ahh joyous ff6! how can sum of my peers prefer ff8 to this genius..fools!

The Man
04-17-2004, 10:22 PM
nope not me! not because i,m good, cause i read the bestiary before play and found out 2 put everyone back row. muwha ha ha lol.
Yeah, I prefer not to cheat like that :p

Clyde Arronway
04-17-2004, 10:33 PM
The blitz glitch isn't necesarraly part of the carterage. there's a chance that on any particular game, blitz will randomly break. My oldest game stopped blitzing at the middle of the WoR, but the later two games work perfectly

Edgar
04-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Actually, you should put almost everyone at the back row, I mean...

Terra --- she uses Magic. Morph doubles it. Unless you want to use Atma Weapon then, oh well.

Locke --- he can use 'back row' weapons and I don't think capture affects his damage at back row. I rarely played Locke.

Edgar --- Tools. no effect.

Sabin --- Blitz, no effect.

Shadow --- Throw, no effect.

Strago --- Lore, no effect

Cyan --- Swordtec, no effect.

etcetcetc...

The only people I find a need to place at the front line are Gau, maybe Gogo, maybe Umaro. That's all =\

Clyde Arronway
04-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Yes, If you want to pay a lot of attention to normal battles, and have oodles of mp to waste or a boatload of shurikens. Which reminds me, why have shurikens become so pathetic? They first appeared in FFIII, where a finite number of the expendables appeared in the entire game but they could be used to cream the enemy. Still powerful in VI and a little less in V, they're terrible in everything else. Oh poo.

bEoWuLfX
04-30-2004, 03:21 AM
dude, for the blitz thing I had to do the vargas part 3 times on my second game because pummel wasn't working... ARG! I kept restarting cause it didn't work. I got sooo angry. :mad2:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-30-2004, 03:43 AM
They first appeared in FFIII, where a finite number of the expendables appeared in the entire game but they could be used to cream the enemy. Still powerful in VI and a little less in V, they're terrible in everything else. Oh poo.You could buy all the shurikens you wanted in FFIII, in a hidden shop in Eureka, and they were so powerful (and expensive) because they were weapons exclusive to the Ninja, one of the game's two ultimate classes. FFV had no "ultimate" classes (except maybe Dancer), so of course Ninja and their shuriken weren't as powerful. This continues in FFVI and onward: shuriken aren't as powerful because the Ninja in later games have never again taken the position of power they had in FFIII.

Halenite
04-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Yet somehow her brother knows how to get past him without Blitz. O_o

This is the first time I've heard of anything like this! Ask him how and PM me.

Flying Mullet
04-30-2004, 04:32 PM

Yeah, I prefer not to cheat like that :p

Plus when FFVI (FFIII) first came out there were no such things as strategy guides. You had to wait for gaming mags to include a strategy guide in their monthly mags in four/five part series. So when you first played a game you were on your own.

m4tt
04-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Plus when FFVI (FFIII) first came out there were no such things as strategy guides. You had to wait for gaming mags to include a strategy guide in their monthly mags in four/five part series. So when you first played a game you were on your own.

Not true, really. First time I played it I had the Mynocks guide to go by. It was about 6 months after the game came out though..

Flying Mullet
04-30-2004, 08:45 PM
Not true, really. First time I played it I had the Mynocks guide to go by. It was about 6 months after the game came out though..
Yeah, that's true, there were guides that came out for the games, but they were never released simultaneously with the game back them. It's a good mponey-making strategy really, make some parts of the game so difficult or make some of the quests' pre-requisites so asinine and confusing and people will buy the strategy guide as well to figure it all out, as they pretty much have to.

DJZen
05-01-2004, 02:26 AM
I definitely remember the FF3 (as it was called back then) strategy guide coming out. I woulda bought it but I had so little money then that I spent it on the hat instead. I wonder whatever happened to that hat...

Celes
05-28-2004, 03:50 AM
Every time I play ff6, I forget about putting anyone in the back row, until the fight with Ultros. But after the fight with Ultros I usually keep everyone in the front row, there isn't much need to put anyone in the back row later on in the game. :mog:

Behold the Void
05-28-2004, 03:55 PM
I just let him kill Terra instead. Banon usually survived.

The Man
05-31-2004, 03:10 PM
I don't like wasting all those phoenix downs, so I just do the back row stuff. It's not like it makes much sense to have her in the front row anyway, I mean it's not like you'll be using Terra as an attacker very often.

eestlinc
06-07-2004, 10:42 AM
for that matter, Nintendo Power made an entire issue that was the Final Fantasy strategy guide. That's why I bought the game in the first place: becuase the guide made it look really cool (which is was/is).

also, props to Kishi for the Dancer comment. :D