PDA

View Full Version : Game controller stops working on emulator

Mr. Graves
04-17-2004, 03:18 PM
I have a Gravis Gamepad Pro connected to my machine, and it works great for emulation purposes. it's like a standard PSX controller, except it's made for the PC. I was playing FF5 on my Snes9XW emulator, and my controller suddenly stopped working, so I unplugged it then plugged it back in again. It worked for about 10 minites than did it again. I then did the unplugging/replugging again, and then it stopped working again, this time in about three minites. I did the unplugging/replugging, and it's stops working. I does this over and over. I then switched the emu to other games such as Super SFII and Front Mission 1, and it workd prefectly, but stops dead when I play FF5.

Any one know the reason why this is happening. Windows won't tell me why, so I don't know if it's an emulator problem for what. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

crono_logical
04-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Sounds strange it only does it to one particular ROM in the program, but is fine for other ROMs in the same program. Could be FF5 though, I'm sure that's the only ROM I've ever had controller programs with when conbined with savestates - the controls (joypad or keyboard) would stop working for me too.

Mr. Graves
04-17-2004, 04:57 PM
Yeah....I tried using the keypad and it don't work either. Even after checking the configuration control on the emulator and it's set up properly to work with the controller. =/

I'm not using savestates on FF5 either; I'm using the in-game save feature instead. =P