PDA

View Full Version : "Who Cares?"

DMKA
04-18-2004, 01:21 AM
You know, I hear this atleast 10 times a day, and I can't being to tell you how much it gets on my nerves. I mean, first of all its dumb because if someone's brought it up and talking about it then APPARENTLY that someone cares, or someone else does, and second, its like you're saying "well if I don't care then nobody else should!", and thats just obsurd and annoying. I've even heard my friend go as far as saying "I don't care...the world doesn't care". @#$$ ARRRG if thats not the dumbest crap ever I don't know what is. What I do know is. "Who cares" bothers me to no end. :mad2:

Ok I am done with that rant now. Disscussion commence.

Kirobaito
04-18-2004, 02:04 AM
Who cares?

(sorry...it had to be done)

Erdrick Holmes
04-18-2004, 04:28 AM
Well you do have a point but what if the news came on saying "This just in, Jennifer Love Hewit's sister in law lost a five dollar bill at the bus station today." then thats when somebody should say "Who cares?"

OOC: BrokenSailordude, I love your sig.

Peegee
04-18-2004, 05:24 AM
Fallacies need to be responded in kind. Smack them upside the head and when they protest, declare flatly: "who cares?"

Meat Puppet
04-18-2004, 06:38 AM
I try to say it before they start talking :) it works.

Misfit
04-18-2004, 06:48 AM
I try to say it before they start talking :) it works.
... That's good. >:D

Evelia
04-18-2004, 07:18 AM
Yeah, it's rude. Kinda like "you would." My dad says that constantly and it's driving me crazy.

Del Murder
04-18-2004, 07:27 AM
I agree. It's funny when people make a point to say 'nobody cares' when the fact that the issue is brought up in the first place means at least one person cares. If people don't care they should just stay out of it.

Meat Puppet
04-18-2004, 08:35 AM
The reason you say "Who cares" shows not only that you show no interest, but also makes the person who brought it up small and significant because you're saying that the vote of that person doesn't count, thus making him/her amount to nothing.

If they reply with "I care", then that's the arguement; and is why language invented that reply.

Del Murder
04-18-2004, 05:38 PM
Luke: 'I care!'

ZeZipster
04-18-2004, 06:06 PM
We can always turn to Star Wars when we are plagued with any question...

Casey
04-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Yeah,hate it when people do thatt. Its like dude, ''if yu dont giva damn, dont go throw it up''. Why even bother. :mad: Or even ''no ones cares'' its like they put themselves above everybody, cuz in this world at least 1 person cares.

Sephex
04-19-2004, 08:13 PM

Exactly what I was thinking.

BatChao
04-20-2004, 07:09 AM
People don't say it to mean anything. At least I don't. I usually say it when my friends are arguing over something totally stupid and worthless, so I usually go 'Who care?!' out of annoyance. Yes, I say it only when I don't care. It does sound like I don't think anyone cares, but maybe they do, but I don't care that they care, so I'm saying 'who cares?'. It's just a saying that's been used so much it doesn't carry any more meaning.

Calliope
04-20-2004, 07:13 AM

DAMMIT STOP STEALING MY STOLEN GOODS.

Mo-Nercy
04-20-2004, 12:04 PM
t0rbad> so there i was in this hallway right
BlackAdder> i believe i speak for all of us when i say...
BlackAdder> WRONG
BlackAdder> IM SICK OF YOU
BlackAdder> AND YOUR LAME STORIES
BlackAdder> NOBODY HERE THINKS YOURE FUNNY
BlackAdder> NOBODY HERE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR STORIES
BlackAdder> IN FACT
BlackAdder> IF YOU DIED RIGHT NOW
BlackAdder> I DON"T THINK NOBODY WOULD CARE
BlackAdder> SO WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT
*** t0rbad sets mode: +b BlackAdder*!*@*.*
*** BlackAdder has been kicked my t0rbad ( )
CRCError> right
heartless> Right.
r3v> right
--

Just thought I'd slide that in. It seemed sorta right.

Peegee
04-20-2004, 01:14 PM
classic bash ^_^

Misfit
04-20-2004, 01:42 PM
CRCError> right
heartless> Right.
r3v> right
Just ... xD