PDA

View Full Version : ff3:I need help on saving relm in the world of ruin

mog
04-18-2004, 02:17 AM
I am trying to save relm the little girl in the world of ruin but when I go into owzers house the lights arent of and the diary dosent apear Ive checked guides on the internet and they say it will automatically do it so if you think you could help me thank you

Black Mage FF1
04-18-2004, 02:29 AM
I am trying to save relm the little girl in the world of ruin but when I go into owzers house the lights arent of and the diary dosent apear Ive checked guides on the internet and they say it will automatically do it so if you think you could help me thank you

What part of the house are you in? If it is the begining then I think you are supposed to check the potrait of ghestahl (spl?). Its been awhile since I have played the game. BTW this should be in the FFVI forum.

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2004, 02:39 AM
First of all, you need to make sure she isnt in the Cave on the Veldt. Did you wait for Shadow on the Floating Continent? Go to the Cave and play through it. If you save Relm at the end (meaning Shadow is dead) you'll be taken to her home town. Leave and then return, and the townspeople will say she's gone to Jidoor.

Go into Owzer's house and try to go up the stairs, which will push you back. His journal will appear on the desk. Read it, then go up to the lamp on the wall at the foot of the stairs. Press A (or O, whatever system you're on) and the light will turn on. Go up into the gallery. The painting on the bottom left hand side of the room is a woman. Talk to it. It will attack. Defeat it and you can go into the basement/storage area. Go through there and you will find Relm.

The portrait of Ghastra has nothing to do with this mission.

Black Mage FF1
04-18-2004, 02:41 AM
First of all, you need to make sure she isnt in the Cave on the Veldt. Did you wait for Shadow on the Floating Continent? Go to the Cave and play through it. If you save Relm at the end (meaning Shadow is dead) you'll be taken to her home town. Leave and then return, and the townspeople will say she's gone to Jidoor.

Go into Owzer's house and try to go up the stairs, which will push you back. His journal will appear on the desk. Read it, then go up to the lamp on the wall at the foot of the stairs. Press A (or O, whatever system you're on) and the light will turn on. Go up into the gallery. The painting on the bottom left hand side of the room is a woman. Talk to it. It will attack. Defeat it and you can go into the basement/storage area. Go through there and you will find Relm.

The portrait of Ghastra has nothing to do with this mission.

Yeah but like I said it has been a long time since I have played this game (like around 2 years). But dont you examine his portrait and then a monster comes out and when you beat it you enter the hiddon area?

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2004, 02:53 AM
Not for this mission, as I already said. Examining Ghastra's portrait twice nets you the 'Emporer's Letter' which gives you the clue about the Phoenix Cave.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-18-2004, 03:04 AM
Final Fantasy VI.

mog
04-18-2004, 09:25 AM
IVve saved relm from the cave but she just says imgroggy or something like that and ineed her to rescue the one person at kefkas tower

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Did you not read the rest of what I told you to do?

Leave the town, and then come back in a little while. When you come back, she will be gone and the townspeople will tell you she's gone to Jidoor. Look at the post I made to answer your first question, I explained the entire thing.

Marble
04-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Amen, Ryűkishi.

Del Murder
04-18-2004, 05:34 PM
*merged with previous thread on this topic*

Storm
04-19-2004, 03:20 AM
Not for this mission, as I already said. Examining Ghastra's portrait twice nets you the 'Emporer's Letter' which gives you the clue about the Phoenix Cave.

I've never understood the logic in providing a game map with FFVI, and then having the Emperor's letter give a hint about the Phoenix Cave. It's fairly obvious the person is just going to go to the spot labelled on the map, considering how each location is numbered in chronological order.

TheAbominatrix
04-19-2004, 04:31 AM
Well seeing as the game doesnt come with a map anymore, only with the SNES version which isnt made anymore. The Japanese version may not have come with a map at all.

Marble
04-19-2004, 04:18 PM
It took me AGES to find the Phoenix Cave on my first time through the game. I never realised that mountain was supposed to resemble a star. It looked more like a... bun.

TheAbominatrix
04-20-2004, 12:01 AM
It took me AGES to find the Phoenix Cave on my first time through the game. I never realised that mountain was supposed to resemble a star. It looked more like a... bun.

All I knew was that, when I first saw it, I was like "Lets go in there!" just because it looked like somewhere to go.