PDA

View Full Version : Vivi- The Best Final Fantasy character ever?

Trumpet Thief
04-18-2004, 05:52 AM
I know many of you probably are going to disagree, and I do not mind that.

In my opinion, Vivi was the deepest, most mysterious, and overall best Final Fantasy character ever. Reasons?

I seemed to understand Vivi more than all of the other Final Fantasy characters. In most cases, Vivi actually turned out to be quite wise in FF9, and after finding out that Vivi well. *cough* you know what *cough* at the end, I thought that his story was the best.

Feel free to express your opinion.

PeTeRL90
04-18-2004, 06:00 AM
I do agree that Vivi is mysterious... but Shadow's most likely the most mysterious Final Fantasy character there is.

Although I do love Vivi, well, I kinda misread a poll wrong once, and said he's my favorite Final Fantasy character ever, and he isn't. Though I do love him.

Shadow by far is the best character. I believe him to be, like I said in the beginning, the most mysterious character ever.

He also throws weapons. ^^

Del Murder
04-18-2004, 07:09 AM
He's up there, but I think Cloud or some of the FFVI characters are better. Plus he pales to Quina. :cool:

Godzilla3001
04-18-2004, 09:48 AM
I like Vivi, as in I always have him on my team (for Steiner and because his magic is godly:)) but the only thing I don't like him for is because he dies easily, on my game(I've just got to Memoria) he has just over 3000HP, I can't remember what level, 42 I think, but is that good for Memoria (Zidane is on 56, Steiner 45, Quina 53.....I think that's all right). Feel free to say it sucks...*sniff*

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-07-2004, 01:05 PM
I agree VIVI rocked....person i could relate to the most!

golden_queen_mercury
05-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Vivi is a mysterious character. He is my favorite, too. He always tries to keep up and be happy. He is so dark and honest. His magic is wonderful and powerful, as well.

Az Lionheart
05-07-2004, 10:37 PM
he was one of my strongest characters yet he will never beat Squall and his gunblade.

fire_of_avalon
05-08-2004, 06:07 AM
I don't know if he's my favorite FF character, but he comes damn close.

The Nique
05-08-2004, 10:40 PM
He's good... but I'd be hard-pressed to decide on the best FF charecter ever.

Cecil was pretty good... Squall not so much, although he is my fav male lead.

Garnet is actually the most interesting IX charecter to me... If I'm reading into the game right, her past is more convoluted than Vivi's... But I'm only about 1/4 into disc 2, if even that far, so I may be wrong.

aeris2001x2
05-10-2004, 08:28 PM
the nique- your right garnet has a better past. but over all viva is more mysterious.

seriously though, imho, he is beaten by lots of characters in terms of depth, even in ff9(kuja, garnet, zidane) and nothing will ever touch shadows mysteriousness.

but viva was still very strong, i would have prefered him as the main character, even though zidane i thought was deeper, because viva was very modest, quiet, reserved and kind. its was his personality, rather then his past or other things, that made him so loveable.

Az Lionheart
05-10-2004, 08:32 PM
the nique- your right garnet has a better past. but over all viva is more mysterious.

seriously though, imho, he is beaten by lots of characters in terms of depth, even in ff9(kuja, garnet, zidane) and nothing will ever touch shadows mysteriousness.

but viva was still very strong, i would have prefered him as the main character, even though zidane i thought was deeper, because viva was very modest, quiet, reserved and kind. its was his personality, rather then his past or other things, that made him so loveable.
loverble mabe but why did he look completely different to the other clone?

Ultima Shadow
05-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Shadow is by far the greatest ff character ever!!!!! But Vivi was one of my favourite ff9 characters.

Felldoh
05-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Vivi was not my favorite Final Fantasy character ever, but he is quite high up on that list. Celes, Cecil, Nanaki and Auron are still my top characters.

The Nique
05-10-2004, 11:04 PM
loverble mabe but why did he look completely different to the other clone?

Insofar as I understand it...

he's a defect.

he wasn't raised as a clone so he probbaly got some different cloths etc...

Lamia
05-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Personally... I like Zidane and Garnet more so.

Anyway... (spoiler) When you reach Terra and found out that Zidane is a genome and the reason he was made... it makes Vivi's black mage situation look feeble.

Inuyasha23
05-16-2004, 04:44 PM
as i stated in a previous post... vivi is a little nymph who cant walk without tripping over himself. what a fag, i mean he's useful yeah but you could get a big fat blind toad with teretts to do his job.

aeris2001x2
05-17-2004, 06:36 PM
inuyashi23. why is every topic i,ve seen of yours some kind of insult? and why r u so fond of the word fag?

Trumpet Thief
05-19-2004, 02:59 AM
Inuyasha, you could have just have said "Vivi sucks", that would've been a good way to summarize your post. But whatever.

Anyways, most people beleive that he is a great character, but not the best, but I still think of him as my favorite. Well, General Leo comes in second... *Sniff* Kefka I hate you...

Kirobaito
05-19-2004, 04:05 AM
He wasn't the best FF character ever, but he was a pretty cool little guy.

Armisael
05-24-2004, 09:48 AM
i think vivi is one of the most interesting,mysterious characters in ff series but in ffix zidane and garnet are the protagonists(did i wrote it well?sometimes i wish i woudn't have stopped english lessons)p.s.however vivi is the sweetest i like his hat. :)

CloudSquallandZidane
05-30-2004, 12:07 AM
Best in the game, Yes!

Best ever.... ummm pretty darn close

FFFFsephychibi
05-30-2004, 12:51 AM
I found him to be a cool character!

Vivi is one of the best! i dont understand ff9 tho.....i kinda forgot the main plot... im only 1-3 into the 3rd disc.....

and i havent played for a while (6 months) cuz i got stuck in this... uh.... place where those clones are and that ship and were attacking kuja.... i think....

i need to start over from scratch...

Ed, Edd n' Eddy
06-18-2004, 07:03 AM
Vivi was close to the best but 1 character was better :confused: