PDA

View Full Version : Blind Guardian!

Blackmage
04-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Hopefully, someone out there besides me and my friends from school has heard of Blind Guardian. I think they're an awesome band; I don't know of too many bands that actually attempt to fill up a CD for one. I'll tell ya, their Nightfall in Middle Earth CD... Pure bliss.

Who's with me?

Seifer
04-18-2004, 06:30 PM
I only know of The Bard's Song, but I like it. =O

IGN64skanker
04-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Nightfall makes me laugh way hard, but I like it a lot. You want an awesome band, check out DragonForce. Listen to their song "Valley of the Damned". It's amazing. Their new CD is even crazier.

Chzn8r
04-19-2004, 05:38 AM
YEAH YEAH YEAH! I've come at the right time! I always show up here when there's a thread about a kickass band.

Blind Guardian... let's start with: I own Somewhere Far Beyond, Imaginations from the Other Side, Nightfall in Middle-Earth, and A Night at the Opera, and am anxiously awaiting the DVD later this year.
To name a few favorite songs- Lord of the Rings, Time What Is Time, The Bard's Song, A Past and Future Secret, Morded's Song, Another Holy War, Nightfall, Mirror Mirror, Noldor, Time Stands Still, The Eldar, Battlefield, Wait for an Answer, The Soulforged, And Then There Was Silence.

Hansi Kursch is one of my favorite singers- some people don't like his raw voice, but I think it'd both unique and very emotional. Love his work with Iced Earth's Jon Schafer on Demons & Wizards.

As a band, I think BG stands above all other power metal because of their unique sound and originality. They also have a very big variety in their music, looking at their span of albums, vs other metal bands. Each album can be appreciated for something different. I love listening through their discography album by album (I have the first few as MP3s). So awesome. Blind Guardian are just great songwriters, great musicians, and know how to balance power metal stuff (epic lyrics, chorus singing, double bass) with both complex and melodic stuff.

I'd just like to add- when I first heard them about 6 months ago, I was instantly turned off. I thought, "WTF??!!". They've been one of my favorite bands since like January now. Go figure.

Moose Knight
04-20-2004, 09:06 PM
This is a powerful band. I have Batallions of Fear, Follow the Blind, Somewhere Far Beyond, Nightfall in Middle Earth, and A Night at the Opera. Of those, I like Somewhere... and Nightfall... the most.

My favorite thing about them is that Blind Guardian knows how to cut the crap and make a solid CD. Many bands like to have boring, 'filler' songs, but a CD like Nightfall or Somewehere far Beyond is solid and consistently good. Really, Blind Guardian has only one song I just don't like (Tommyknockers).

Chzn8r
04-21-2004, 03:16 AM
Ahhh... Mooseknight :D The ever faithful prog/metal fan EOFF member. Can always count on you to say something solid about a solid band like this :cool:

Hey- what other music at this end of the spectrum do you like? I know a few bands you've talked about before...

Moose Knight
04-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Ahhh... Mooseknight :D The ever faithful prog/metal fan EOFF member. Can always count on you to say something solid about a solid band like this :cool:

Hey- what other music at this end of the spectrum do you like? I know a few bands you've talked about before...

Favorite bands:

Metallica (Duh), Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Watchtower (I haven't heard much of their stuff but its damn good), Psychotic Waltz (Another band that I don't know too much about but still is good), Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Gamma Ray, MAIDEN!!, Symphony X, Rush, and Manowar (The bassist in this band is INSANE)

...just some of my favorites...

Chzn8r
04-22-2004, 01:37 AM
My favorite metal bands:

Dream Theater, Ayreon, MAIDEN!!, Blind Guardian, Queensryche, Symphony X, Fates Warning, Pain of Salvation, -Early- Metallica, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Liquid Tension Experiment, and Luca Turilli

Other favorites:
Rush, Spock's Beard, Pink Floyd, Transatlantic, King Crimson, Led Zeppelin, Yes, and Styx

We have a lot in common :cool:

Reason
04-22-2004, 02:21 AM
Yay, nice thread :D

I haven't heard too much of Blind Guardian, just downloaded some random songs, but songs like The Dark Elf, The Soulforged and Mirror Mirror are great. :)

Chzn8r
04-23-2004, 01:29 AM
The Dark Elf is only about 30 seconds long ;) Sure you're talking about that one?

ZellMog
04-23-2004, 02:34 AM
Blind Guardin = Excellent.

I own Somewhere Far Beyond, A Nightfall In Middle-Earth, and A Night At The Opera. Hansi Kursch is undoubtedly an excellent vocalist. Now to save my time from posting in any future threads, here are some other bands I like ( :tongue: )

Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Sonata Arctica, Falconer, Within Temptation, Dark Moor, Angra, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Queensryche, Dream Theatre, Evergrey, Rhapsody, Luca Turilli, Freedom Call, Dragonforce, Savatage, Dream Evil, Firewind, Manowar, Lost Horizon...

Aww jeez, this could take a while...

Warmaster Horus
04-26-2004, 08:35 AM
I can't seem to think of a thing to say that hasn't already BEEN said. However, I DO enjoy my Blind Guardian. It was just a month or two ago that I finally got a copy of Battalions of Fear, which officially completed my collection. Well, there's still Tokyo Tales and Forgotten Tales to get, but I just assume that there's nothing new on them and that I can live without them for now. Heh.

And I don't think I can necessarily pick out any particular album as my favorite. I DID listen to Nightfall about a thousand times, so I suppose it's a good contender for the title. Same thing with the songs. There are WAY too many good ones to pick from.