PDA

View Full Version : Best Villan- Albedo? (Possible Spoilers)

Trumpet Thief
04-18-2004, 04:44 PM
OKay, okay, okay, I know that the Xenosaga games were not made by Square-Soft, but Monolith part used to be Square-Soft, and this is general gaming so whatever.

Is there anyone else who agrees that Albedo was the best villan ever? Firstly, he had a reason for his insanity. It was when Rubedo (Jr.) broke the mental link with all of the U.R.T.V.'s that he became insane. His objective was revenge. Also, his voice, more importantly his evil laugh. It was the best one I had ever heard. Also, the one thing that made me like him the most was the scene with him and M.O.M.O. That was probably the best thing I could see a villan do.

So, I just had to say my thought about him being the best villan. You can disagree with me if you want, because I do not really care.

crono_logical
04-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Was it the english or japanese version you played? Some of the scenes with Albedo/Momo in the translated one were "toned down" in terms of what he did to her :p

Trumpet Thief
04-18-2004, 11:22 PM
The English version; although I know what happened in the Japanese version.

Spoilers:

Firstly Albedo is holding Kirschwasser, he kills her, and breaks her arm off. Then...

Albedo takes out a knife and cuts his arm off. Then he surprises MOMO by making his arm reappear. Then Albedo cuts his head off, and steps on it. Then Albedo makes MOMO go unconscious.

Albedo starts absorbing her, by having his hand inside her. Also he has a sexually gratified face.

In the English version, Kirschwassers arm automatically rip off, then show him twist his head and hand off. Also, when he is absorbing MOMO, his hand is just hovering above her, and he does not look that perverted.

edczxcvbnm
04-19-2004, 02:28 PM
I like what they did with the english version better. It made more sense.

Secondly, I like Albedo but seeing as how things are incomplete there is still much time for him to fall off and become a crappy villian.

Lord Chainsaw
04-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Nothing beats his one liners.

"C'mon c'mon c'mon! NOW DIE!!!!"

And he's pretty cool when he's quoting Shakespeare and the Bible.

Overall I got to say his dialogue is what makes him great.

Sephex
04-19-2004, 07:18 PM
Albedo is a cool villian. I hope that he gets more insane as time goes on in the series.

Trumpet Thief
04-20-2004, 03:58 AM
Yeah, in the fight with Albedo, he had a ton of dialouge.

With his stabbing attack, he yelled "C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon! Now die!"

With his best move, Pheonix WIng he said "Burn in the depths of Hell"

There were a few other things that I missed, but whatever. Also, I agree, his dialouge is what made him good. I loved it when he said " 'ma belle 'peche.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-13-2004, 04:01 PM
"Ma belle peche" means "My beautiful fish" if anyone cares.

Trumpet Thief
06-10-2004, 05:05 AM
Lol... The whole world has now changed for me... literally...

Wicked Lady
06-10-2004, 01:18 PM
"Ma belle peche" means "My beautiful fish" if anyone cares.

O__o

uh no it doesnt. It means my beautiful peach.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Oh wait, that's right, poisson is fish. I mixed the two up, my mistake. Wicked Lady is correct.

Trumpet Thief
06-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Phew, I got freaked out for a whole day...

Anyways, Albedo was not only good in dialouge, but was an okay boss, compared to some other bosses in Final Fantasy.