PDA

View Full Version : Wot about DEATH!?

Death Sign
04-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Wot do ya think about DEATH!

Buffy
04-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Its a horrible matter.......I lost my twin sister she bleed to death.....Suicied

Death Sign
04-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Then she did something I never derd to do... I stood at a roof top but... it is a long story tell ya in a PM! okay!

Buffy
04-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Okay....

Peegee
04-19-2004, 11:59 AM
Hmm, the mystery unfolds....

Death is the eventual result of life...or something along that sort. I don't want to draw a causal relationship between life and death, but, you know what I mean. Since it is eventual, inevitable, and absolute, I don't see a reason to worry about it excessively except:

I've never really seen a dead person before. None of my relations have died yet, and frankly I'm a tad bit ignorant. There are those who value life greatly, and those who don't care. I tend to fall somewhere in the middle, in the area of "meh".

edit: oopsie doodle, my paternal grandad was deaded when I was a child. That's all.

Buffy
04-19-2004, 12:04 PM
nothing personal,but...>______________________________________>;;

Skogs
04-19-2004, 12:14 PM
I do Pathology as one of my courses so it kinda brings me in contact with a fair bit of death. If used human brains in a practical, and I've had to walk through rooms full of cadavers on guerneys (fortunately covered in sheets). Plus there are also loads of museum specimens of diseased organs. They wouldn't be so bad if they didn't include the case history of the person it came from. No, it's not particularly pleasant (plus formaldehyde really stinks). However, I didn't see any one them die. I didn't know any of them, so it all seemed rather abstract, almost not real. I guess the best thing is not to think about it too much, since it's inevitable and all. Apparently some doctors deal with death by making casual jokes, which may seem like being really insensitive - but it's actually the only way they can cope with the grizzly reality that surrounds them.

Nait
04-19-2004, 12:17 PM
I never went see Grandad.

Crying is infectious.

I guess he's not here anymore.

Death Sign
04-19-2004, 01:18 PM
I lost my grandmother... last autumn I luaghed! LoL... she died as lucky for her she died in her sleep!!!

Misfit
04-19-2004, 01:22 PM
I lost my grandmother... last autumn I luaghed!
You're a sad person.

Anyways, "Death is the eventual result of life..."
Like Moo etc said. *nods*

Watch closely as I end the life of that bird on the road over there... *starts car*

Death Sign
04-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Misfit... Ya rock man!

Buffy
04-19-2004, 01:30 PM
Yesh,I shink sho too

Death Sign
04-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Snuffsy Puffsy... LoL! Naa serois... I I think daeth is a relief!

Misfit
04-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Misfit... Ya rock man!
I... I'm a girl... ._.

Buffy
04-19-2004, 01:35 PM
So,Its just something ya say....like "dude"

Misfit
04-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Would you like to frolic in the flowers with me? ^_^

Buffy
04-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Yes,i would hun...(Dont freak,Thats what i say...Hun)

Misfit
04-19-2004, 01:41 PM
Okay, just be sure not to step on the skunks... they bite and kill people. :(

Buffy
04-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Well thats not good......Hmmmmm,that would be a relif though

Well anyways im off!!TALLY-HO!!!!!!!!!

Don't double post please, and try and stay on topic too. Thanks. ~ Xander

Iceglow
04-19-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm going to quote a scottish man (well the words were attributed to him anyway) and mel gibson made a film about him William Wallace of scotland (watch braveheart the film is true he led a rebellion then refused mercy when caught hung drawn and quartered, his death resulted in open rebellion, dont know about the princess part that might've been poetic liscense):

Every man dies it is merely a matter of when, where and how. However not every man truly lives.

essentially I can agree with his words I've attempted suicide several times came close once with an overdose yet I'm here and death is just the end game of life yet I am not really ready to surrender yet. I have lived I have known true love and I know true pain. I know how it feels to be empty and full of sorrow yet I lived then and I will find a way to truly love and to truly live again. but I'd give every day of my life from here til I'm 80 and die in my bed to come back and change my life so far

DMKA
04-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Its just another random event in life...not a big deal, really.

escobert
04-19-2004, 05:00 PM
I always liked this quote from Saga Frontier 2 "....Not everyone has a chance to make a name that remains through history, but the fact that one has lived will never disappear. A legacy remains for an eternity."

Baloki
04-19-2004, 05:04 PM
To save Dr. Unne from saying it:

You must mean "What about Death?"

Imorrtal words I say, and do you die if your memories live on? You might just not...

Sephex
04-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Death happens so make the most of your life. The end. :)

Stayin Dizzy
04-19-2004, 05:26 PM
I don't fear death, as it's simply a crossing over to my eternal life

Psychotic
04-19-2004, 06:17 PM
Death? The guy in the black robes and stuff? I could have him any day of the week! Except maybe Wednesday. Wednesday always sucks...

gokufusionss1
04-19-2004, 06:27 PM
is anyone else begining to think that death sign and chitrose are some kind of poor quality double act. As for death......meh i'm sure it's effects are exagerated.

Death Sign
04-19-2004, 06:59 PM
You guys are gott damn good at this!

Blackmage
04-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Death? Good spell to junction to Status attack on FF8. But, that's... probably... not... what you're... talking... ...about...

In all seriousness, it's what happens to every living thing. What matters is how you take it. When someone close to you dies, you have to accept the fact that that one person is no longer a part of the present world, know that you will hold them in your memories, and advance forward in life. I've had to go through that twice now, but you've gotta go on no matter what.

PeTeRL90
04-19-2004, 08:51 PM
I just look at Death as another daily thing, because we never know when the Reaper will sneak up behind us and slash us with his sickle.

Some people like to say that they're afraid of death, which is normal. I know I'm afraid of it somewhat, but I know that my time will come eventually, it might even come tomorrow.

The best thing to do is not worry about Death unless we really need to.

Ryoko Masaki
04-19-2004, 09:04 PM
I just look at Death as another daily thing, because we never know when the Reaper will sneak up behind us and slash us with his sickle.

Some people like to say that they're afraid of death, which is normal. I know I'm afraid of it somewhat, but I know that my time will come eventually, it might even come tomorrow.

The best thing to do is not worry about Death unless we really need to.

true...everyone will die sooner or later.
i always say: enjoy every minute as if it were your last becuase you never know.

Casey
04-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Death happens. Kinda like shit happens. :greenie: But hey, these always two sides to a coin, in this case its either alive or dead. After were dead maybe we cease to exist but are minds.

Ariel
04-19-2004, 11:37 PM
Death happens so make the most of your life. The end. :)

Yup yup. There's no point in dwelling on something you can't control, and life is there to be enjoyed, hopefully.

Del Murder
04-20-2004, 02:15 AM
He's tough, but he guards the powerful Alucard Sword so you just got to deal with it.

Yamaneko
04-20-2004, 02:17 AM
:D

Death is such a small part of life. I won't concern myself with it for a very long while.

Kami
04-20-2004, 02:33 AM
death is death. what about it?

Peegee
04-20-2004, 02:46 AM
I have 100 deaths junctioned to stat def, so I'm not too afraid of it. And I always cast regen on my party just in case :)

Logan
04-20-2004, 04:32 AM
Death kinda sucks. I could never work at a hospital.

Calliope
04-20-2004, 07:04 AM
That's not death, that's just the cat!

BatChao
04-20-2004, 07:16 AM
Death sucks for the people who are still left alive because they have to deal with it. It's not too bad for the person dying... unless of course it's some horrible and painful death.

Death Sign
04-20-2004, 08:09 AM
I got a motto... Death is a relief which cuases pain to others... makes it spread all the time... But Iam an exception... No one will fall in pain if I die!

Calliope
04-20-2004, 08:17 AM
Maybe I will. I'm certain a lot of people would be grieved.

Death Sign
04-20-2004, 09:44 AM
The joke of the mellenium! Find at least 3 persons who would... LoL and I can send ya a part of my new cut hair!

Jack
04-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Death happens. I try to get on, because thats what you do

Truth to be told though, i would be inconsolable if my mother died.

Death Sign
04-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Death is like I said a relief... For me it will be... Hope I'll see Sara when my screwed life is over...!

Wot about you guys... never missed someone who is DEAD that much...!

Ichy
04-20-2004, 04:01 PM
I was born... different. I never had any emotions. I imitated everyone else to fit in. I did this up until the age of 21, when I met my ex-fiancee and, well, lets just say I've still been trying to deal with learning what it means to be happy and sad and angry everything else for the past five years, especially the past two that I've been alone. Would anyone mourn for me were I to die? You better damn well believe it. I've always known that there's alot of people who care for me and would miss me greatly. Would I mourn for any of them? Sounds odd, but no, not likely. Only one person I miss in my life and she is figuratively quite dead to me already.

I've had relatives die. When I was doing alot of drugs back in the day where I was searching for anything I could define as real I had friends die, one of them right in front of me. People have always been horrified at how I am unshaken by it, but what am I supposed to do? Keep pretending I have a feeling just for their benefit and disgrace their passing, reduce it to nothing but an insincerity? I think not.

It gets worse. Again, back in my days of abuse, I couldn't exactly just get my drugs for free... Eventually I was arrested for the work I did to earn them. 48 counts of arson. To this day I still don't know if anyone had been in any of those places, but honestly, the thought never crosses my mind unless someone starts up a conversation about this sort of thing. Yes, I feel remorse for my actions in a selfish sort of way now, years after I paid my dues for the crimes, although I didn't at the time. As I said, I was quite literally incapable of it back then. Do I feel remorse for the lives that may or not have been lost as a direct result of my actions? No. The concept is still as of yet unfathomable to me. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind that absolutely nothing could have justified any of it, not in any kind of way whatsoever, but aside from the wasted years of my own life that became of it, my shattered health, I know nothing more of regret or guilt or this misery which others so diligently attatch to the loss of a conscious life.

So what of this whole deal with dying and being dead? Depends. Are you a religious person? Do you think there's anything out there? Heaven or Hell? How about the theory that we are made up of stardust and our conciousness is freed to roam the universe unhindered when we die? Or that we have souls that float around in limbo and wait for their next turn to jump into a corporeal form on earth? See, alot of times the concept of death gets misconstrued by all this jargon. People fail to see the truth of death itself since they've been so blinded by the concept of something coming to meet them afterwards. What is that truth? Life is experience, it's everything and anything that happens to you as a person, regardless of what you make or learn of it. In death one or more of your organs cease to perform their assigned functions resulting in total structural failure and the inevitable permanent loss of earthly consciousness. Death is nothing more or less than the loss of your earthbound experience.

Now... as far as the age old question I have inadvertedly drudged up concerning the afterlife, I think that it is a completely undefineable thing, therefore I choose not to believe in it. If there really were some kind of afterlife with spirits and alternate dimensions and whatnot, then why are only certain individuals made privy to knowledge of it? Silly unproven "paranormal" experiences testified by frightened humans who desperately crave attention and consolation for some portion of everyday physics we have yet to define or ultimately disprove scientifically. Honestly, if I die and become some kind of being in some kind of afterlife, you can bet your arse I'm coming back to tell everyone about it, just to lay all this to rest. Everyone, not just some lunatic relative in the family that hears voices.

Off Topic: Sensitive nature, this thread. Shouldn't it be in EoEO?