PDA

View Full Version : YUMMY COWS *BITES* or...ew?

Peegee
04-19-2004, 01:13 PM
We can debate the ethics of animal treatment in this thread if you want. I'm more than capable of justifying the eating of yummy tastey animals in a ontological sense. Anyway, the point of this thread is far more simple: do you enjoy consuming meat? If you have a preference (ie no beef), why is that? If you are a vegetarian, why is that? If you are a vegan, I would like to know what exactly you eat, and how you get access to said food. I would also like to know whether vegans can eat animals that have naturally died (probably by 'accident').

Yes. Proceed with discourse.

Misfit
04-19-2004, 01:20 PM
I like eating animals.

...Alive. ^_^

Skogs
04-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Meat is good for you. I like beef. Chicken and lamb are good, too.

Flying Mullet
04-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Yes, I love meat. 8-)

Erdrick Holmes
04-19-2004, 02:05 PM
Meat> veggies. Don't fool yourself, man. A cow would eat you the first chance it gets. For every animal you don't eat I'll eat three!

fire_of_avalon
04-19-2004, 02:26 PM
I eat meat.

crono_logical
04-19-2004, 02:34 PM
I don't particularly like beef for some reason. Chicken and lamb are much better.

Also, the western way of cooking meat sucks, needs to be done the Indian/Pakistan/that general area sort of way, all spicy and curried and everything :p

Flying Mullet
04-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Also, the western way of cooking meat sucks, needs to be done the Indian/Pakistan/that general area sort of way, all spicy and curried and everything :p

BBQ > "Indian/Pakistan/that general area sort of way"

Logan
04-19-2004, 02:40 PM
If I have a choice of meat or something else, I'll usually go for the something else. I feel bad eating meat, but I still do sometimes.

crono_logical
04-19-2004, 02:41 PM
I don't particularly like barbeques, they're ok, but not as good as curry :p

Iceglow
04-19-2004, 03:13 PM
it's ironic that the vegans and vegitarians I know insist that they are healthier than me because they dont eat meat. yet why is it that I'm physically stronger and able to run faster and longer than them? my stance is meat in a balanced diet is essential

Flying Mullet
04-19-2004, 03:53 PM
I don't particularly like barbeques, they're ok, but not as good as curry :p
That's just because you haven't had the right BBQ. :p

escobert
04-19-2004, 04:24 PM
I don't particularly like beef for some reason. Chicken and lamb are much better.

Yes.

Dr Unne
04-19-2004, 04:30 PM
I require meat to live.

<i>Also, the western way of cooking meat sucks, needs to be done the Indian/Pakistan/that general area sort of way, all spicy and curried and everything </i> --crono_logical

A steak is cooked properly by sticking in on the heat until it's done, then taking it off the heat and eating it. It tastes good enough alone without adding spices and crap.

Iceglow
04-19-2004, 04:35 PM
yeah but dr unne you know that spices promote good health too so a nice spiced steak is good too right? anyways it is all about the oriental cooking styles.

DMKA
04-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Mmmmm...meat.

I love meat...chicken is my fav, much better than beef IMO. Buffalo is pretty good as well.

Shlup
04-19-2004, 04:38 PM
I like meat. Cow is delicious. Sometimes I'll opt for a vegitarian meal or something just for the sake of trying to get in my five servings a day, but I'd never give up meat entirely.

Sephex
04-19-2004, 05:19 PM
I like meat too. This reminds me of that 14 year old kid who got banned. Yeah, he hated us for eating meat.

Stayin Dizzy
04-19-2004, 05:22 PM
I love meat. Favorite?? probably beef, steak, or pork (like ham or bacon)

BatChao
04-19-2004, 06:24 PM
MEAT! I MUST EAT IT! I like the cow and the pig, but any meat is fine by me... except fish. I like some fish, but others are strange to me. I don't hate em, but definitely don't love em like I love eating steak and bacon. Oh, and does anyone know why some vegetarians don't classify fish as meat? Because they most certainly are.

Strider
04-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Meat = :love:

Considering my family barbecues at least three times per week, I think it's safe to say we love just about every kind of meat.

eestlinc
04-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Meat is Murder :cry::cry:

Iceglow
04-19-2004, 06:49 PM
one thing tsunami bren if meat is murder then why are we built as predators look at all predatory animals they look straight ahead (eyes in the front of their head like ours) to judge distance we have more power in our legs as to get speed and control in to our bodies and generally everything about us is predatory hell let your nails grow a bit you can slice through flesh with them alone I know thats true I have the scars to prove it as has my ex girlfriend from where she did it to herself years ago

Peegee
04-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Del Murder?

Yamaneko
04-20-2004, 12:00 AM
I eat meat because it tastes good and I feel like it.

SeeDRankLou
04-20-2004, 12:24 AM
I like meat. I sometimes do not like poultry through. Poultry has a tendency to end up really dry, at least most of the time that I eat it. Fried chicken is good though. And I'd rather eat ham than turkey on Thanksgiving. Beef is good, in all of it's forms. I don't know if it counts, but I also like shellfish. Is seafood considered meat? If so, I like most all seafood, especially (prepare to be grossed out) oysters on a half shell. Surprisingly, Hooters makes the best oysters on a half shell I've ever had.

ZeZipster
04-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Does Top Ramen count?

Jebus
04-20-2004, 12:38 AM
One word:

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT!!!

I like chicken best though. Only good kind of salad is one that involves chicken, beef, and pork with bbq sauce mixed in a bowl. Nothing else. Except maybe onion rings or something.

PORK RINDS!

Peegee
04-20-2004, 01:39 AM
I love meat in almost all of its forms (except raw...like Japanese food). I even enjoy halal beef! YUM

Meat Puppet
04-20-2004, 02:03 AM
Curried meat rox

Kami
04-20-2004, 02:06 AM
Meat is good. Must I say more?

Del Murder
04-20-2004, 02:24 AM
I like meat. I prefer meat to not meat. No personal belief prevents me from eating meat other than the fact that some taste gross. Beef is what's for dinner.

As for cruelty towards animals, I solve that problem by not thinking about it.

Casey
04-20-2004, 02:26 AM
Meat is good, fried chicken wit some rice, or some smoked salmon. Okay I'm hungry now. :D

Erdrick Holmes
04-20-2004, 02:37 AM
Deep fried >BBQ

Kami
04-20-2004, 02:39 AM
nooooo!! bbq is so much better than deepfried!!!

Peegee
04-20-2004, 02:41 AM
I just had a yummy steak. YUM! Bert I'm visiting your dad and will eat steak until I get an heart attack from my Atkins diet!

Calliope
04-20-2004, 07:06 AM
Why I don't eat meat or dairy (http://www.livejournal.com/users/kenicky/186250.html) :D

eestlinc
04-20-2004, 07:52 AM
it's a Smiths album, people. you all make me sad. I hope you all die of Trichinosis.

Calliope
04-20-2004, 07:54 AM
Yeah, or else join soccer teams and crash in the middle of the Andes and have to eat each other to survive.

eestlinc
04-20-2004, 07:57 AM
if you'd been a dog we'd've drowned you at birth

knives out, people. i hope you like the taste of that!

Peegee
04-20-2004, 08:00 AM
Nice entry Nicceh, but I ask you this: don't you assign a 'good' to veggies? It is 'good' for a carrot to be watered, and it is 'good' for plants to grow freely without weeds around sucking up their nutrients. It's also good if you don't pluck them out of the ground or cut them up just so you can have some veggies for dinner. Also those giant machines that grind up plants in the field often run over scared cute little rabbits and other small critters. So being a vegetarian is still a direct source of both killing animals (bad) and killing vegetables (bad).

Which is why I asked my question about veganism. *nod*

eestlinc
04-20-2004, 08:02 AM
the argument that animals die in farm machinery is a ridiculously stupid argument against vegetarianism. besides, the point is intent.

Calliope
04-20-2004, 08:15 AM
As you may have read, PG, the point of vegetarianism/veganism is to *minimise* the impact we have on animals and the environment.

Oh, and don't think I'm not acutely aware of how land is cleared to grow vegetables, and small rodents and insects and such are killed by threshers and pesticides, and how just like Roald Dahl says every little chorophyllfilledcell screeches as it's torn from the ground and onto my plate, Sir.

Iceglow
04-20-2004, 10:47 AM
hmm well I still stand by the fact that humans are not herbivores we need meat as part of our balanced diet eating meat keeps us strong and also helps with the digestive system (not to mention eating a cow lowers methane pollution! :D )

Peegee
04-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Then we kill them in order to maintain whatever population control is necessary for optimal survival. Eating animals (in theory) is wrong only because they are sentient. Eating veggies is wrong because there is a good associated to life, and to end life is bad. So we're not allowed to eat anything unless it just happens to have died and we found it.

Which is why I just say 'forget all that' and do whatever I want. So I'm unethical. My question is: so what?

And I'm not trying to be uncaring, but more curious as to why despite our human chauvinism we don't consider the good of the animal or the planet subservient to us. All sorts of questions come up actually, especially when I see vegetarians who eat veggies for moral reasons (no offence to the lot of ya).

HOOTERS
04-20-2004, 04:25 PM
Seriously though, if God didn't want us to eat cow he wouldn't have made them so tasty. Same goes for pig, fowl, deer, horse, snake, dog, cat, giraffe, sloth testicles, cardboard and that old guy on that desert island. Mmm...old guy...

Yamaneko
04-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah, or else join soccer teams and crash in the middle of the Andes and have to eat each other to survive.
There's a good movie about that exact thing.

Doomgaze
04-20-2004, 07:09 PM
Lamb is vile. Also, mollusks. And fishy fish. And sushi, especially cheap sushi.

I do occasionally have qualms about eating pork, because pigs are fairly smart. Then I remember two things:

1) Bacon tastes good
2) Napoleon in Animal farm was a dick

so, screw 'em.

Joel, you suck. The best meat is cooked over a FIRE.

Kirobaito
04-20-2004, 11:10 PM
I love meat. My favorite two kinds are Prime Rib and Lamb.

Calliope
04-21-2004, 04:40 AM
There's a good movie about that exact thing.

Did they release the official cookbook of the movie?

DMKA
04-21-2004, 10:07 PM
No, but the name of the movie is "ALIVE!", and I highly recommend it.

Yrkoon
04-22-2004, 01:23 AM
i eat any meat and eat to much of the stuff but its tasty :P

ZeZipster
04-22-2004, 01:45 AM
i eat any meat and eat to much of the stuff but its tasty :P
do you eat... Teh Choco-meat? Wark.

Kami
04-30-2004, 12:21 AM
if you'd been a dog we'd've drowned you at birth

knives out, people. i hope you like the taste of that!
I'm thinking of eating dog when I visit korea again.

TasteyPies
04-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Gotta love Semi-rare cow chunks

Yummmmmm

2) Napoleon in Animal farm was a dick.

Agreed Napoleon = arse

Snowball was all for Old major's dream of world domination, kicking humans out of Great Britain, ect. but then napoleon messes it up....arse

Peegee
04-30-2004, 12:27 AM
I love rare steak

Mr. Graves
04-30-2004, 02:18 AM
It love Meat. The animal has been killed not by me so eat up, I say.

Ouch!
04-30-2004, 02:27 AM
I love meat, especially BBQ Baby Back Ribs. *drools*

My friend recently made the transfer from vegetarian to vegan. She flipped out on me when I wore a leather jacket. I just don't understand how people can care so much about the life of another animal. It's natural to eat meat. We're just like any other animal out there, 'cause that's what humans are, animals. Some moreso than others.

Calliope
04-30-2004, 06:19 AM
No offense, but your friend is an idiot. Does your friend wear leather shoes, or sleep with woolen blankets? She really doesn't have a right to hassle you about what you choose to consume, unless you're a drug addict or a binge drinker, in which case I imagine she would be concerned for your health. Bah. Tell me again why eating animals is natural?

On a side note, my shoes are wearing out fast and I'm going to have to acquire inferior canvas ones. Ah well, better Chuck Taylor than Dead Cow :D.

Del Murder
04-30-2004, 06:22 AM
Yeah, I agree. There really is no reason for them to te*has a heartattack and dies*

Spuuky
05-03-2004, 05:00 AM
Tell me again why eating animals is natural?
Intake of a lot of nutrients that can't otherwise be found naturally, various controlling effects on natural cycles of populations of predators and prey, and lots of other things?

Peegee
05-03-2004, 05:02 AM
Also, we're omnivorous?

Calliope
05-03-2004, 05:27 AM
Yeah, but we don't need to anymore! HURRAH FOR VITAMINS AND SOY!

Spuuky
05-03-2004, 05:37 AM
You asked why it was natural.

Calliope
05-03-2004, 05:39 AM
*confused* but I don't view it as natural now! I mean, for Fred Flintstone, fine. But aren't we a little more civilised, possibly with a zee?

Yamaneko
05-03-2004, 05:40 AM
No.

Calliope
05-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Why?

Yamaneko
05-03-2004, 05:49 AM
Because why should I forcefully change my own species evolutionary path from the past 100,000 years and stop eating meat altogether? Animals are there to eat one another. My species happens to be quite superior thus enabling it to sustain itself through the killing of other animals. I do not condone the senseless killing of animals or the waste of food, but I was designed over the centuries to eat plants AND animals. I'm not about to deny my ability to do so and my enjoyment of eating said animals.

EDIT: That didn't answer your question. :D Evolution isn't something that's "civilized". It's just the way we are.

Calliope
05-03-2004, 05:51 AM
I'm sorry, I'm trying to take this seriously, but I keep thinking of the gorilla eating the banana and then the shark eating the gorilla.

Okay.

Yamaneko
05-03-2004, 05:53 AM
http://users.rowan.edu/~kozd5710/Simpsons.JPG

:D

Big D
05-03-2004, 05:53 AM
Soy's a good source of protein, plus it can be made to look and taste like practically anything, but no amount of soy and vitamins is a substitute for the full range of nutrition that some of our bodies require. Certain vegetarians/vegas can get by just fine; some require daily doses of supplements; others would be severely malnourished if they kept at it. It's exceedingly difficult for many people to get what they need without resorting to meat. For those who can, and choose to... good on 'em; but if someone's gotta start losing hair and brain cells and who-knows-what, then I say they should keep going with the animals. Different cultures and different individuals have different needs. None of us could subsist on cow blood and milk, yet the Masais tribe used to, and did so for a very long while. Our ancestors were chowing down on dead beasties for millennia; you can't undo that kind of adaptation overnight.

Besides, plants and animals are both a part of the natural world; to say that one should exist when it's perfectly OK to destroy the other for food and clothing seems a little off to me... hence, I wear cotton pants and leather shoes. Both were once part of a living thing, something that died but that can be put to use rather than being left to rot and smell

Calliope
05-03-2004, 05:57 AM
STALIN YOU DORK ISN'T THAT THE FOOD WEB?

Yeah, it is pretty difficult. Stupid Iron and B12 and other things that are things. Like sleep.

frr_vegeta
05-03-2004, 06:55 AM
If it was living, breathing, and thinking at some point in time, and is now on a plate, nicely cooked.

I'll eat it.