PDA

View Full Version : Please help me! :(

Blue Spirit
04-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Hi all!

Well, I'm a new member here & I really like this site & forum!

I'm having a problem in FF8 (for PC), Disc 2, whenever I reach the scene when Squall rescues Rinoa the game crashes to the desktop, so I'm supposed to download a patch to fix this problem, right?

well, which patch shall I download, the non-GeForce Bug Patch or the GeForce Bug Patch? I mean what's the difference between those two?

& after I download it, what shall I do?

Please help me & I'll be really very grateful! :cry:

& thanx a lot :D

Flying Mullet
04-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Hi, welcome to EoFF! :)

The patch you install depends upon what graphics card you have. If you have a G-Force graphics card you install the G-Force patch, and if you don't have a G-Force graphics card you install the non-G-Force patch.

Blue Spirit
04-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Thanks a lot Mr. Mimic :)

But I really wonder how can I know the type of my graphics card :rolleyes2

it's not a big deal anyway :D

well do I have to apply the patch to the 4 CDs? if so, how can I do that?

Iceglow
04-19-2004, 06:12 PM
the graphics card name should be listed on your computer go to the tool box / control panel and select device then look for the graphics card on the list (it'll be labelled as a graphics card) and it should be there as for the rest I don't know I believe final fantasy belongs on a console not on a pc

Blue Spirit
04-19-2004, 07:06 PM
Thank you very much Fallen_angel_666 :)

it's not GeForce & that's good :D

There still one more problem, as I said before: "do I have to apply the patch to the 4 CDs? if so, how can I do that?"

<<< copying is much more easier than rewriting :D

DJZen
04-20-2004, 05:11 AM
You don't apply it to the CDs, they're not re-writable. You probably just install it to the directory that contains FFVIII.

Blue Spirit
04-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Thanks DJzen, I've installed the patch, but I still have the same problem, when Squall rescues Rinoa, the game crashes!

What shall I do? is there any other patch that I can download? :cry:

Blue Spirit
04-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Well maybe my CDs are not complete, so can any one please tell me what's the size of his/her Disc 2 & 3?

My disc 2: 535 MB , contains 5 files.

Help! :cry:

Flying Mullet
04-21-2004, 08:05 PM
If you bought this game from the store then you shouldn't have any problems. Is this "shareware" i.e. illegaly copied?

Del Murder
04-22-2004, 02:58 AM
Shoot, I had this problem before and I can't remember how to bypass it. Try ejecting the disc right before Eyes on Me starts to play.

Kirobaito
04-22-2004, 03:04 AM
Well maybe my CDs are not complete, so can any one please tell me what's the size of his/her Disc 2 & 3?

My disc 2: 535 MB , contains 5 files.

Help! :cry:

Mine does too. I bought mine from the store.

Blue Spirit
04-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Mr. Mimic: yeah I bought it from the store & it was going just fine until I faced this problem :cry: thanks for ur reply :)

Del Murder: is this the place where "Eyes on Me" starts to play? :eek:
if so, then pleeeeeeeease try to remember pleeeeease :cry:
but how can ejecting the CD help? :confused:

King Bahamut: oh really? so my CDs are complete! then what's the problem I am facing :cry:

Thank you all for your relpy :)

Flying Mullet
04-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Mr. Mimic: yeah I bought it from the store & it was going just fine until I faced this problem :cry: thanks for ur reply :)
Okay, I wanted to check because if you got it off of Kazza or something of the like you never know if the files your are using are authentic or not.

Del Murder
04-24-2004, 03:07 AM
Del Murder: is this the place where "Eyes on Me" starts to play? :eek:
if so, then pleeeeeeeease try to remember pleeeeease :cry:
but how can ejecting the CD help? :confused:

If it is when you save Rinoa in space, then yes.

Blue Spirit
04-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Help! :(

Blue Spirit
04-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanx to every one who has replied to this topic, & I'm glad to tell u guys that my problem is -finally- solved, I simply went to the store & changed my Disc 2 with a new one, so everythin' is going just fine now :D